2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
It's not a slight on Ibaka, I would love to have him on my team, but all the best defense in the league talk was a reach.

[

Tyson Chandler stole Ibaka's Defensive Player of the Year award that year

Sure if Blocks per game = good defense.

Luckily for Chandler it doesn't and Tyson got a well deserved DPOY.

You don't get a top 5 D out with Melo, JR, Novak, Amare in your rotation without Tyson.

Lets not forget the Knicks had Shumpert and Landry Fields to help too the year he won the award

And Melo and Amares bad defense is way over exaggerated

The Thunder had a higher ranking defense in 2012

I dont know where youre getting the Knicks were a top 5 defense in 2012?

What are you talking about, OKC's defense was barely top 10. The Knicks' was 5th best in the league.

The NBA television deal is up in 2 years... NBA please don't renew with ESPN
frown.gif

That's a potential option - a 2 year deal with a 1 year player option. The upcoming TV deals could be a factor in LBJ's decision. 

What are you talking about?

The Knicks were not a top 5 defense in 2912
[

You don't get a top 5 D out with Melo, JR, Novak, Amare in your rotation without Tyson.

Lets not forget the Knicks had Shumpert and Landry Fields to help too the year he won the award

And Melo and Amares bad defense is way over exaggerated

The Thunder had a higher ranking defense in 2012

I dont know where youre getting the Knicks were a top 5 defense in 2012?

What are you talking about, OKC's defense was barely top 10. The Knicks' was 5th best in the league.

I was looking at opponent PPG and FG Pct

If you go by Defensive rating the Knicks were 5th

But if you want to say the team defensive rating was all Tyson Chandler's defensive presence then why the next year when Landry Fields was gone and Shumpert was out, the Knicks team defensive rating dropped to 18th. He also dropped to 13th in the NBA DPOY voting the next year

In 2012 Ibaka rebounded and got steals comparable to Tyson Chandler.

That season Ibaka was a far superior shot blocker

Ibaka had a better on and off the court ratings

Ibaka also had more defensive win shares than Tyson Chandler

Theres a reason why Ibaka was the First team All NBA Defensive team and Tyson Chandler wasn't

I think Tyson Chandler got the award because had a strong NBA Finals performance the previous season and because he was playing in New York

Last edited:
My brother has the same barber as Westbrook. Barber said a Westbrook told him

"I think we definitely go over the cap this year to get our pieces"

We shall see. Pau in NY though if Melo signs that 129 deal/he will, So who else? Vince Miller and Turner are the only names I've heard.

Did Greg Monroe resign with Detroit yet?

Ibaka is an over rated defedner always has been, he's an average on ball defender, but the king of goaltends
Blake Griffin was the 6th highest scorer in basketball & Serge helped hold him to a PPG & TS% that were below his season averages.

Serge is exceptional on ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom