2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Wiggins having a chance to develop in minesota will be great for him and I'll certainly be checkin for him and A.B.

I hope they get to stay on the same team

I think Wiggins having a chance to develop in minesota will be great for him and I'll certainly be checkin for him and A.B.

I hope they get to stay on the same team

Lack of vet leadership will hurt him

I dont see that star potential in him, hes gotta put up crazy #s just to be an all star in minny & i doubt that happens

I don't like that move for Minnesota.

Keep Bennett.

Thad is bouncing after next year anyway unless you wanna overpay for him which would just be stupid.

Team is years away from contending.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...andrew-wiggins-said-he-wanted-trade-to-wolves

:nthat:

I knew he was fronting in all those interviews. I would want a chance to prove myself on my own squad too.

Lebron wouldn't have wanted to play for the Lakers or the Pistons his rookie year either.
It's better for me, knowing my personality and what I need to do, to go somewhere where I'm forced to be something as opposed to going in there where they're going to be patient with me and I'm going to be a piece.'"

1341996135552762_animate.gif

I'm pretty over the topic as well, so this is thr last thing I'll say about it. You can talk about the reasons why it went down the way it did, but at the end of the day, the way the Chris Paul trade worked out did more good than harm for the teams involved and the league as whole. The competitive balance in the West got better, the Clippers became a legitimate franchise (which is one of the reasons the team is finally going to be taken away from that D-bag Sterling) and the Hornets (Pelican s) wound up with a guy who's probably going to be the best player in the league within 5 years.

Only team that clearly "lost" was the Lakers, yet the next year they put together a team that people were thinking could be one of the best ever. So, I hardly see how its justified for Laker fans to blame David Stern and "basketball reasons" for the current state of the franchise. The Lakers are where they are for a lot of reasons and thr fact they didn't get CP is pretty low on the list, IMO.

Ok, I'm done now.
The ends do not justify the means. As someone who didn't have a horse in the race...all I'm saying is the process was compromised by the self-interest of Stern and rival owners. Their reasoning was pure bull **** as well. Many people were owed much more than that. There are enough reputable people in the NBA universe who saw it for what it was.

If you ask around, some people will say that guy who, IMO, might be the best even sooner than 5 years was always going to end up with them anyway...*shrugs*

This is my last post on it so I'm done here too. I certainly wouldn't want to derail this thread from the weekly LBJ vs. Kobe vs. MJ debates. Maybe now Buc Em can tell us more about his days as a top flight point guard.

Last edited:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...andrew-wiggins-said-he-wanted-trade-to-wolves

nthat.gif

I knew he was fronting in all those interviews. I would want a chance to prove myself on my own squad too.

Lebron wouldn't have wanted to play for the Lakers or the Pistons his rookie year either.
Those were great quotes in that article.
''When all this trade stuff started, I talked to Andrew and Andrew told me, ''I hope I get traded,'' Self said. ''And I'm like, 'No you don't.' And he said, ''Coach, I do. It's better for me, knowing my personality and what I need to do, to go somewhere where I'm forced to be something as opposed to going in there where they're going to be patient with me and I'm going to be a piece.''
Sounds like pretty good foresight and self-evaluation for a kid his age. I'm just glad he wasn't down for the **** ride like everyone else.

It's perfectly okay to want to become your own man and grow into a leader role and not play with the best player/team.

I think Pek needs to be moved. Thad and him together at the 4 and 5 is pretty bad defensively.

Also, unless Wiggins is a straight bust, he's gonna be in Minny for the next 10 years. So Toronto is gonna have to wait.

Last edited:
Anyone checkin for Giannis Antetokounmpo? I hope he pulls it all together and becomes an all star. This was yesterday

I think Pek needs to be moved. Thad and him together at the 4 and 5 is pretty bad defensively.

Also, unless Wiggins is a straight bust, he's gonna be in Minny for the next 10 years. So Toronto is gonna have to wait.

I think you're trippin. Pek is a solid center that can play with anyone at the 4. I'd try to lock him down for years to come

I think you're trippin. Pek is a solid center that can play with anyone at the 4. I'd try to lock him down for years to come

He's already locked down. He's one of the best offensive centers but also one of the worst (if not the worst) defensive centers.

Dieng needs to start at the 5.

Do you go Rubio-Wiggins-Thad-Pek-Dieng? I dont. With Thad at the 4, Dieng needs to be the 5.

Last edited:
Thad is a 4 75% of the time man. Stop.

Go to his game logs, click on almost any game, and check the starting lineup.

Last edited:
1407439090000-AP-CAVALIERS-WIGGINS-BASKETBALL-65997238.JPG

View media item 1125024
Lets not forget these are two number one picks... They were taken that high for a reason. This should be interesting to watch unfold

Dumb post. Bennett shouldn't have been #1.

Wiggins isn't even close to Being where the hype is.

Lmao @ 10 yrs. wiggins is going to Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom