2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Predictions:

KD walks and takes the 30M/yr

UA regrets the deal when the basketball revenue doesn't dramatically increase

Nike replaces KD sig with James Harden (i.e. upcoming West Conf. player & KD's close friend)
Nike and UA trade KD for steph curry...

Steph with a Nike contract...I wanna rock some Hot Curry's
nthat.gif
Nope.  Curry has had a ton of ankle injuries when playing with Nikes on.  Might be coincidence....but I'd rather not take the chance.

Nike has someone they just signed who has the potential to take up that slack while resurrecting another part of there brand.

Johnny Football.

His popularity could if he balls out and there is effort actually put in making and marketing his shoe/brand change Nike Football. Losing KD would hurt a year or two but Nike will create another sig monster.

KD sold 175 million in 2013, with a plastic 6.
That KD 7, expect him to do Lebron #'s which were 300 mil last year.
Nike isn't letting him go. No way!

Edit: "The Baddest" campaign though
I think a lot of people are underestimating Nike's marketing expertise, power and pull in the market. The KDs might've made them $175M in 2013 but how much of that was because of Durant himself and how much was because his shoes were Nikes? Every Saturday a bunch of dudes online are mad cause they missed out on Nikes. Whether its Brons, Kobes, Durants, Hyperdunks,  whatever. 

KD sold 175 million in 2013, with a plastic 6.

That KD 7, expect him to do Lebron #'s which were 300 mil last year.

Nike isn't letting him go. No way!

Edit: "The Baddest" campaign though

I think a lot of people are underestimating Nike's marketing expertise, power and pull in the market. The KDs might've made them $175M in 2013 but how much of that was because of Durant himself and how much was because his shoes were Nikes? Every Saturday a bunch of dudes online are mad cause they missed out on Nikes. Whether its Brons, Kobes, Durants, Hyperdunks,  whatever. 

It's mostly because the shoe is Nike but...
Who's rocking Melos, who's rocking CP's.

Nobody!
Even Kobe's got tripled up by KD.
Nike is Nike and will sell regardless, just not as well without KD, facts

When is the first Rockets vs. Spurs game?

They gotta keep Dwight far away from Becky. ***** gonna **** around and get her pregnant by halftime.

That's because of Nike's hype machine and seemingly backwards business model to make their products as scarce and difficult to get as possible. It'd actually be refreshing to see a brand that makes supply match up with demand.

Nope.  Curry has had a ton of ankle injuries when playing with Nikes on.  Might be coincidence....but I'd rather not take the chance.

And he's injured himself this past season as well. Shoe brand or shoe cut has nothing to do with your injury potential and durability. Stephen is put together like honey bun glaze.

When is the first Rockets vs. Spurs game?

They gotta keep Dwight far away from Becky. ***** gonna **** around and get her pregnant by halftime.
Patiently waiting for Woj to tweet Becky Hammon is going to sue Tony Parker with a sexual harrassement case.

:lol: UA being a hot commodity and being the cool thing to wear. It's workout wear.
The lil ****** in my city wear it on some chill ****...like the tee's or hoodies if they chillin on the block or something...nobody still wears the shoes though, unless you playing a game :lol:

Exactly...workout gear is worn casually more than ever now. Instagram models/fitness people even promote it like they do leggings/club dresses. :lol:

It makes a lot of sense. KD would be the face Under Armor AND have affordable shoes. Win/win for both sides IF they can get the right design team.

UA's are only moderately more affordable than Nike's at this point. His shoe is still going to be 100+. Nobody is buying those Anatomic Spawns Steph wears right now.

Am I the only one like this....

I'll wear whatever brand casually as long as it looks good. But for actually hooping you can't get me out of nikes. I'm so particular with my kicks I just can't change.

My Predictions:

KD walks and takes the 30M/yr

UA regrets the deal when the basketball revenue doesn't dramatically increase

Nike replaces KD sig with James Harden (i.e. upcoming West Conf. player & KD's close friend)
If UA gets something like 175 mil for KD's next shoe that would be a dramatic enough increase for them.
Tony Parker got married on Saturday, hes good this time around 
As if that stopped him the first time around. He was with Eva man.
I thought you were joking before but you cn't seriously what you typed about Nike rigging anything for NBA finals. That spits in the face of all the other ppl signed to them that haven't won **** in their other sports or the other NBA players and the other teams with nobody signed to nike.

Just silly.

I won't doubt that it's kind of silly to assume that Nike is rigging NBA finals in favor for their athletes but I do find it more than just a coincidence that the 3 best NBA players are Nike endorsed athletes and were signed to Nike before they became "the best"....or maybe Nike has just been lucky with athletes since Michael Jordan. Even Nike's b-ball athletes who haven't seen rings saw NBA finals. Barkley, Payton, Hardaway.
For the longest Nike has been a household name around the world. They've mostly been the only option as well with Addidas or Reebok not being up to par consistently.

It's no surprise the best players choose Nike. Before we even get in to what type of deal they offer and the quality of some of their shoes.

I mean really what is Nike's competition? Probably why they aren't offering more of these stars ridiculous amounts of money.

So I kinda think you're looking at it in the opposite direction. It's not Nike making them winners. The best players go to Nike and it's no surprise that some of the best players end up being winners.

UA's are only moderately more affordable than Nike's at this point. His shoe is still going to be 100+. Nobody is buying those Anatomic Spawns Steph wears right now.

They have $69, $89 hoop shoes too but $110 still better than $150 and $200 for elites.

Design is key. If they can come up with something decent they'll sell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom