Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Jim Buss didn't get rid Ronnie Lester and bring in 'Chaz' either lol
I believe that and all the jobs that were lost during that era were because the lockout and Lakers front office let go of every one not under contract because they didn't know how long it was going to last.

I could be totally off base though.

Once y'all got blame for a person y'all stick to it no matter what the evidence is, MY GAWD :smh:
My dude literally said he doesn't care about quotes lol

Just because people CAN go over the heads of everyone else doesn't mean they DO.

C'mon, son.

I guess Jim Buss didn't get rid Ronnie Lester and bring in 'Chaz' either lol

Part of what kal-el-8 kal-el-8 said. In Lester's case his contract expired and wasn't renewed. They ripped the organization of anything Phil Jackson because he retired, he was done, the team was going in a new direction, which was focus on college scouting.

Even with 'Chaz" who is one of their college scouts he has done a pretty good job, or contributed to a good job.

2012 Draft only 3 guys in the second round have contributed anything to a team: Jae Crowder, Draymond Green (pretty much his only contribution last night) & Robert Sacre
2013 Draft with exception of Pierre Jackson who looks like a gem in the DLeague, Ryan Kelly was the only 2nd Rounder to even make any contribution to a team.

Last edited:
I believe that and all the jobs that were lost during that era were because the lockout and Lakers front office let go of every one not under contract because they didn't know how long it was going to last.

I could be totally off base though.

No, you're right. There is some truth to that. However they got rid of a lot of key scouting personnel.

Is there anyway we can get rid of Jeanie and Jim?
I mean good god they're horrible

I don't see how you get Jim is horrible.

Nonetheless, short answer, no.

I don't know how you think he's not.
They're all guilty of ineptitude in my book.

Don't try and tell me 48 million for Kobe was all Jeanie, as if she really made that decision on her own.
Don't care about quotes and articles be real here.

She didn't draw up that contract and hand it to Kobe behind their backs.
They all agreed on it.

All responsible.

Correct.

Mitch is smart enough to know, 2 years, 48.5 for a broken dude with high miles, is NOT smart.

Mitch should have absolutely threatened to jump out of a window, by literally hanging out the building in order to get Jeanie's attention. Hell, pull a gun out at work even, ANYTHING to get the point across, it was a DUMB move.

Throw away all the pens in the building.

Take all the paper out of the printers, SOMETHING to prevent that bull **** deal.

Smoke bomb.

ANYTHING could, and should have been done, to make Jeanie, Jim, Jerry's ghost, Kobe's agent, Kobe himself see, it was bad business.

I get what Jeanie is goin for. Career Laker. Farewell tour. Missed out on doin it for Magic. Good pub for potential free agents, to show how the Lakers treat their players. (as long as we don't look Pau's direction/treatment the last 4 years) I get Jeanie's idea.

2/48.5 is absurd.

And the other thing. Jim tells her, there's a plan, and we'll contend soon?????? Like the plan part, but stop lyin to that woman. Contend soon my ***.

Contend soon, 2/48.5, they need ******* help if they believe those two things go hand in hand. :smh:

I'm with you on all of that CP.

And to be perfectly honest, Kobe annoys me
too in this whole ordeal.

I'm not mad at him for taking the offer. It's 48 million dollars. You make your franchise 100's of millions. That, makes sense... FOR HIM and his family.

BUT. If you take that money, you know damn well it straps your cap and you know damn well the team ain't going to "win now" with big free agent splashes. They MIGHT get ONE this year, but whoever it is it won't help him "win now."

So point being.
If you took the money, cool. Enjoy it. You do deserve it. It's business, I get it.

BUT SHUT THE HELL UP IN INTERVIEWS. All this "oh I don't have time to wait, times running out for me... We need players, we need wins now" nonsense is not needed. If you REALLY wanted to win now you are a smart enough man to know you COULD of asked for a little less.

Again, I understand why you didn't. But don't try to have the best of both worlds. If you would of taken the money and just said yeah i deserve it and I'm going to work my *** off to show the world I deserve it these last 2 years, I would say okay Kobe let's see what you got. I respect it if you can back it up. Be a team player, work hard, bust your *** and get us wins and we'll say farewell with no anger or resentment. We'll thank you for giving it your all.

But instead by throwing everyone under the bus you've put more pressure on front office to make moves they aren't capable of making... BECAUSE OF YOUR EXTENSION... (And because of Nash's extinct dinosaur *** :smh: )

Anyways.

Kobe is my favorite player, he will always be my favorite player. I appreciate everything he's done, and I appreciate how hard he's probably working right now to get back and earn his money. I know he wants to prove to the world he has a lot left, and I hope he does. But I don't excuse him from this fake stupidity. By that I mean him acting as if there's so much management can do right now... Stop the act. You know they can't.

I'm a Stan but It doesn't stop me from being honest and being upset at him.

He needs to shut up and play.
I still believe in him.
I still hope that with a good draft pick and a free agent pick up we can somewhat "compete." I still hope we can send him out with a chip, as unrealistic as it is.

But he needs to just stay quiet and play.

Just my 2 cents.
Gotta be objective about it.

With the situation in Golden State being in turmoil (Rumors are Jackson and Jerry West are getting into it) Any way we look to bring West back as a consultant of some sort?

With the situation in Golden State being in turmoil (Rumors are Jackson and Jerry West are getting into it) Any way we look to bring West back as a consultant of some sort?

Best idea i've heard in a while in this thread.

Bring him in if possible.

There should be more focus on the draft here and what pick we get. That will greatly influence what coach we should get. I hope we get that top 3 pick and then we can just relax about this coaching thing.

kobe has always been the source of laker fan's unrealistic expectations 
laugh.gif

i said this a few days ago, owners are there to sign the contracts and hand out money

GMs are supposed to know everything about basketball and salary caps

mitch should be the one telling the buss family whats bad and whats good

mitch needs to be replaced with someone that either knows more about basketball or is more willing to stand up for his ideas

kobe has always been the source of laker fan's unrealistic expectations :lol:

i said this a few days ago, owners are there to sign the contracts and hand out money

GMs are supposed to know everything about basketball and salary caps

mitch should be the one telling the buss family whats bad and whats good

mitch needs to be replaced with someone that either knows more about basketball or is more willing to stand up for his ideas

I actually don't have a problem with mitch. He has made good moves and bad...I just want as much help in the FO as possible. I never wanted to see Jerry West leave and if things are really that bad at GS, why not at least reach out and bring him back home. He doesn't have to take Mitch's job. I'd take Jerry back in ANY form.

These quote, those quotes blah blah blah. There's been so many contradictory and revisionist stories have been reported about the debacle that these last few years have been it's not even funny.

To assume that one person has or had full autonomy over decisions been made is quite naive. They are supposed to be a front office unit each with say and input over what's going on. And if it goes through they all on some level either agreed with it and assume comparability as well. If not our brain trust is in a lot worse shape than any of us ever could have imagined and if they don't get their act together, this ride from hell will never end.

Last edited:

the "let's keep him because everyone else sucks" argument only relates to mda, not pau or mitch. isiah thomas still available? :nerd:

the "let's keep him because everyone else sucks" argument only relates to mda, not pau or mitch. isiah thomas still available?
nerd.gif
I wonder how Magic would do 
nerd.gif

"If Wiggins, Parker, or Embiid aren't taken in the first 3 picks, the Lakers have a great shot to get one of them with the #4 pick"

nerd.gif

Last edited:

the "let's keep him because everyone else sucks" argument only relates to mda, not pau or mitch. isiah thomas still available?
nerd.gif
I wonder how Magic would do 
nerd.gif

"If Wiggins, Parker, or Embiid aren't taken in the first 3 picks, the Lakers have a great shot to get one of them with the #4 pick"

nerd.gif

lakers dont have the 4th pick 
indifferent.gif

cant even do magic right 
indifferent.gif

Best idea i've heard in a while in this thread.

Bring him in if possible.

There should be more focus on the draft here and what pick we get. That will greatly influence what coach we should get. I hope we get that top 3 pick and then we can just relax about this coaching thing.

What exactly would he do?

It's the same thing as Phil. Fans wanted him here but there's no actual position for him to take.

Last edited:
Do you guys really think that Doc Rivers has the heart to leave the Clippers if the ownership is still in disarray with Sterling fighting the sale of the team??
He would be giving up a lot of control and money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom