• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what pro tankers for the next 2 years on this thread need to read and realize:

One top-five draft pick isn't going to change the Lakers' fortunes as quickly as they're hoping. Their rebuild was, is and will remain predicated on free agency and their ability to recruit superstars.
From the bleacher report article I posted above.

Last edited:
And how are the Lakers going to attract superstar talent? By being "the Lakers"? That likely won't work anymore.

Judging by the Melo recruitment, Mitch and co. can still pitch guys. But no one is going to sign with the Lakers if the talent ******* stinks. Particularly the young talent, or lack thereof.

And how are the Lakers going to attract superstar talent? By being "the Lakers"? That likely won't work anymore.

Judging by the Melo recruitment, Mitch and co. can still pitch guys. But no one is going to sign with the Lakers if the talent ******* stinks. Particularly the young talent, or lack thereof.

the prestige is gone, its up to rooks that wanna play more than for money, kawai type guys? LOLz

also, please PM.me if u folks wanna join the upcoming fantasy nba season. i know its early, but i wanna get that pledge. haha

Here is what pro tankers for the next 2 years on this thread need to read and realize:

:lol:

Most people realize that's probably what they're thinking.

That doesn't make it any less misguided.

And in the end Melo came out and said it was always between the Bulls and the Knicks. Maybe he flirted with the idea of coming to LA but not much more. The Lakers need to get some type of talent on the roster for guys to consider, while still having money to spend in free agency.

Outside of the draft, the only long-term piece they got was Nick Young. Decent price, but is that the quality of player that some star is gonna look at and want to join forces with?

Last edited:
:lol:

Most people realize that's probably what they're thinking.

That doesn't make it any less misguided.

And in the end Melo came out and said it was always between the Bulls and the Knicks. Maybe he flirted with the idea of coming to LA but not much more. The Lakers need to get some type of talent on the roster for guys to consider, while still having money to spend in free agency.

Outside of the draft, the only long-term piece they got was Nick Young. Decent price, but is that the quality of player that some star is gonna look at and want to join forces with?

given how things are, its very easy for guys to take a cut and jump on a team. thats the thing. i mean, whats so hard about taking a cut to collude. its.obvious money talks.

Byron Scott: Lakers' legacy is key

Byron Scott had to wait nearly three months to learn the Los Angeles Lakers had chosen him to be their next head coach.

Then he had to wait a little bit longer for the team to officially announce him as head coach while "we work through some little details" after he and the team agreed in principle on a four-year, $17 million contract Saturday night.

But for the chance to coach the team he won three NBA titles with as a player, he says it will be worth it in the end.

"I'm a little tired tonight," Scott told ESPN.com late Sunday night after returning from a trip to the Caribbean. "But I'm extremely excited about the job, extremely excited about the opportunity to bring the purple and gold back up to championship-caliber basketball."

Scott said he's been texting with Lakers star Kobe Bryant throughout the summer and conferring about this year's team. Bryant texted Scott this weekend after news broke that he had accepted the job.

"He told me he was working out with Wesley [Johnson] and Nick [Young]," Scott said. "I told them that sounded great, but 'they better be ready to play some defense.' "

Scott laughed, but he was serious about the message. The Showtime-era Lakers were known for their offense, but they won championships because of their defense. Scott said he intends to bring that edge and discipline to this year's team.

"As a coach you have guys that police each other. This time you really have just Kobe [to do that]," Scott said. "Steve Nash, I love him, he's probably one of the nicest people I've been around. But he's not that ***-kicking type of guy.

"You always need one of those type guys. In this situation, where it's just Kobe -- who really understands what it means to be a Laker -- and myself, who understands what it means to be a Laker -- you've got two guys coming from two different perspectives, but delivering the same message. That's important. That's important for Swaggy P and Wesley Johnson and Ryan Kelly who need to understand what it means to put that purple and gold on.

"Kobe understands that. It's special when you put that uniform on. You've got to play with that type of pride because you've got a lot of Lakers from the past that are looking at you and wanting you to uphold the Laker brand and the name and the only way to do that is by winning. Not winning games but winning championships and that's what we're going to get back to doing."

Just how long it's going to take to get back to contending for championships remains to be seen, however. The Lakers have Bryant and Nash -- first-ballot Hall of Famers -- but both are coming off serious injuries in each of the last two seasons.

Beyond that they've have veteran forward Carlos Boozer, point guard Jeremy Lin -- who had one stellar season in New York but two pedestrian years in Houston -- and a group of young players who will be trying to establish themselves in the NBA.

"I've always been an underdog," Scott said. "Me making it from high school to college and college to the pros, playing with the great players I did and winning championships, I kind of relish this role.

"I relished the role when we were always favored, too. That made us focused every single night because we knew we couldn't take a night off. This role, going in and trying to be a spoiler. It's something we'll enjoy for a little while and then we'll be back to people chasing us again."

Scott said he's talked with Lakers management about their plan for the future and thinks things can turn around quickly, despite the loss of Dwight Howard in 2013 and Pau Gasol this summer.

"It's going to take some time, but I have all the confidence in the world in Mitch [Kupchak] and Jim [Buss]," Scott said of the Lakers' general manager and executive vice president of basketball operations. "I sat down with them a number of times and heard their plan and I loved it.

"They know what they're doing, we're going to head in the right direction. All I have do is go out there and make sure these guys are held accountable and doing what they're supposed to do. If they do that, we'll give ourselves a chance."

Link:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...n-scott-los-angeles-lakers-not-wasting-play-d

Scott said he's talked with Lakers management about their plan for the future and thinks things can turn around quickly,

"It's going to take some time

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dat black/white thinking. :smokin

There's a LOT of grey in between 'can turn around quickly' and 'going to take some time'.

'CAN' turn around quickly, 'GOING' to take some time, indicating to me that he recognizes the uphill battle, but has an awareness that things COULD turn around quickly.

Scott said he's talked with Lakers management about their plan for the future and thinks things can turn around quickly,

There's a LOT of grey in between 'can turn around quickly' and 'going to take some time'.

'CAN' turn around quickly, 'GOING' to take some time, indicating to me that he recognizes the uphill battle, but has an awareness that things COULD turn around quickly.

No point in even trying anymore Ska.

You'll either get laughing emoticons or the same comments.
I've already realized there is no finding common ground or "grey" area with CP. :lol:

You guys can seek comfort in that grey bull ****.

I'll be over here laughing at the spin control goin on with everyone soakin it all up.

They're playing you guys for fools. We ain't winning a title, and we ain't tankin, so what are we doin?

"Butts in seats" :pimp:

While you all cheer with glee. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Really gonna miss MDA and those 50 point loses.

Byron has a 58 point playoff loss, no worries man, he'll have you covered. :lol:

I'm so excited all of you guys' hatred for MDA has you rooting for Byron Scott, that is going to be the best part about this season, watching your rooting interest turn to dust rather quickly.

Don't matter he got fired once, or twice, or three times, he's one of US now. :pimp:

The thing is you act like there's some big gap between MDA and Scott. Like we went from this great coach to some awful dude. Neither coach has rings. Both of 'em has some bright spots and stains on their resumes. MDA hasn't done a damn thing for you to defend him THIS MUCH. He's a nice coach, that's it.

It's sad that you actually find more enjoyment in proving us strangers wrong than rooting for the team.

Just relax and let the cards unfold man.

You really wanna spend every ******* day mocking people and proving how smart you are?

We get it bro. You're smart. You read between the lines. We don't. We're naive fans.

Can you just let us be naive in peace? We all gotta be mocked on a daily basis about not liking MDA? Or not wanting to root for tanking? (By the way like I said, I'd rather be horrible than mediocre if we're going to suck... So I understand and agree with that, this isn't about me tho... It's about everyone in general).
Or not agreeing with you period?

Can we all just be "stupid" without being reminded of how "stupid" we are everyday?

Just relax bro. Let us be naive. It's sports man. This **** is just entertainment.

Last edited:

= "I have nothing intelligent to add."

As expected.

It's sad that you actually find more enjoyment in proving us strangers wrong than rooting for the team.

Just relax and let the cards unfold man.

You really wanna spend every ******* day mocking people and proving how smart you are?

We get it bro. You're smart. You read between the lines. We don't. We're naive fans.

Can you just let us be naive in peace? We all gotta be mocked on a daily basis about not liking MDA? Or not wanting to root for tanking? Or not agreeing with you period?

Can we all just be "stupid" without being reminded of how "stupid" we are everyday?

Just relax bro. Let us be naive. It's sports man. This **** is just entertainment.

Door goes both ways, no?

Can't all those naive fans shut the **** up callin my name whenever they find something that goes against what I've railed about for the past year? No, that can't happen?

It's just sports, I'm a stranger, why they come out the woodwork every time someone says "they're not tanking" and glee ensues with everyone, and when I point out, great, we aren't tanking, we're just at the bottom of the Western Conference because we suck, you guys are still so happy to prove me wrong, you forget the truth, WE SUCK. :lol:

Oh, you guys want it your way, but piss and moan when I go the other? :wink:

I ain't never stop rooting for LA, but I am not going to waste my time begging and hoping and praying for Byron Scott to carry us. Or a 36 year old to play like he's 22, or waste a smidge of energy thinkin we could win any damn thing when I already know it's pointless.

I rather focus, on us falling off so steep, that even despite Mitch's stupidity, and MDA/Scott's coaching stubborness, and the players "pride" that we still stink so bad, that at least some good can come from a lost season.

Last year netted Randle.
Hopefully this year will net us something equally useful. I have a better chance rooting for that interest, than I do rooting for a title with Scott, Lin, Boozer, Ed Davis (???) and the 2 oldest guys on the planet winning anything this year.

We all want the same thing, we just goin different ways about it is all. Some have stuck their heads in the sand waiting for the day we're good again, some have focused in on the day to day misery trying to find the path to brightness again. Nothin wrong with that.

= "I have nothing intelligent to add."

As expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom