• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
PG: Lin / Marshall / Clarkson / Nash
SG: Kobe
SF: Young
PF: Boozer/Randle / Kelly
C: Hill / Sacre / Davis

I am beyond excited to see Kobe and Young play 48 minutes a night.

Like, #1 pick excited. :lol: :lol: :lol:

John Schuhmann ‏@johnschuhmann 1h
As far as I can tell, the Lakers have 4 point guards, 5 bigs and only Kobe & Swaggy on the wings. Oh, and absolutely no defense.

John Schuhmann @johnschuhmann · 2h
The Lakers' defense is going to be SOOOO awful.

:pimp:

How I wish we would have gone into full tank mode last season...
At least we would have had a future.

We should of gotten lance instead of signing hill...

Would have had to stretch Nash to do so.

If they really wanted him, they would have pursued him harder. They must have had the same reservations a lot of other had on him.

Nonetheless. Hill, Davis, and to lesser extent Lin are all trade bait, and it's clear that's how they view them.

Last edited:
wish we could have spent the bae on bae

:lol:

Could. $1.7mil on Kelly, $1mil on X.

But, I think it would be smarter to try and work it so we don't can get Kelly in with the cap, then use a vet's minimum on X, and try to shoot a little higher on a wing player.

Oh ok. thanks

I know the MLE can be split i wasnt sure about the lower exceptions.

Still need a defender for the Lebrons and Durants. ( X or Wes )

With all the praise that Exum is getting right now, and him being picked at 5, because we refused to lose to the Celtics and Jazz, and the possibility that Love would have come over next year............ :smh:

Man......I really hope it doesn't turn into a lifelong regret for us.
:rolleyes
For real, tay. :lol:

CP, you just did what I hope people don't do w/ Randle: blame something grand on something small.

If we suck 10 years from now, it won't be because we beat the Jazz & Celtics in 2013/2014. :lol:

As of right this second, I only have 2 teams that I am sure are worse than us. Philly, and Boston.

I MIGHT, hear an argument for Sacramento, but still should be better than us, provided Boogie doesn't get hurt.

The Bucks have the Greek Freak, and Jabari, with Sanders coming back, they should improve quite a bit.
The Jazz getting Exum, Hood, and more PT for Gobert, along with the rest of that young cast, should improve a few games as well.

If the Wolves hold onto Love til the deadline, he might get them close enough to 30 wins, they won't be able to fall back enough.

So we're in that 3-4 range, and if an unexpected team drops anchor, we're right on that edge at 4-5. If we can flip Hill, Lin, or anyone else by the deadline, we can help stabilize ourselves within that 3-4 range, and protect against a Cleveland top 3 come up team.

With all the praise that Exum is getting right now, and him being picked at 5, because we refused to lose to the Celtics and Jazz, and the possibility that Love would have come over next year............ :smh:

Man......I really hope it doesn't turn into a lifelong regret for us.
:rolleyes
For real, tay. :lol:

CP, you just did what I hope people don't do w/ Randle: blame something grand on something small.

If we suck 10 years from now, it won't be because we beat the Jazz & Celtics in 2013/2014. :lol:

The point was having Randle, vs potentially having Exum AND Love. Sort of an enormous difference going forward.

The rabbit hole I refer to is, Love doesn't get dealt (or does the Dwight, and doesn't extend and enters 2015 Free Agency)
We land Exum, but don't improve as a team, like we're trying with Randle.

We land that top 5 pick. Exum, Top 5, then sign Love, and go into 2016 with those 3 pieces. Do ya think Kevin Durant might look at that a little bit different?

Get what I'm gettin at? That's a lifelong regret if we could have started that ball rolling with the #5 pick and drafting of Exum.

But alas, we're here, so just me commenting on how nice Exum has looked this early. We'll see how Love situation plays out.

Just when you think it cant get any worse

I predict 35 wins.

Which will make our record slightly better

This is ofcourse depending on if kobe stays healthy all year

But will crush the dreams of keeping that pick

The lakers really dug themselves in a corner here for the next 5 years atleast

Ben Rosales ‏@brosales12 1m
The "Kobe won't let this team tank!" and "Lakers don't tank!" responses are hilarious. This team wouldn't be good if they were trying.

:smokin

essential1 essential1 how you leanin man? You hopin for a playoff run, or you seein what we seein?

I went with 32 wins last year, and regretted goin so high immediately.

I think this year, I'm still gonna go with 30, even. Will put us right in that 4-5-6 range, and hope like hell LA pulls the parachute in February and does the right thing, drop us down inside 25.

But 30 wins is my official prediction.

I would try to package Nash + the Rockets protected 2nd that we got for Jason Richardson. Would save $3mil, could fit everyone in. Philly adds salary (which they need to), and get worse.

We clear up log jam at the PG. Get a backup wing, who is okay, but questionable health. Allows us to keep Kelly under the cap.

essential1 essential1 how you leanin man? You hopin for a playoff run, or you seein what we seein?

I think this year, I'm still gonna go with 30, even. Will put us right in that 4-5-6 range, and hope like hell LA pulls the parachute in February and does the right thing, drop us down inside 25.

I don't know honestly, I have a feeling they are gearing for a big trade at the deadline. Hill, Davis contracts are really good for that type of move. Or they could go the other way and try to get picks, which their contracts also work for.

I also don't know how they finish out this roster, that will impact the number I pick.

I think we are improved at most spots... PG, SG, PF. Just depends how we fill in the rest.

Do we make the playoffs? No. Are we worse team? Not so sure yet.

Chances we get a top 5 pick? Less than 5% IMO.

It's still only July.

Last edited:

@Essential1 how you leanin man? You hopin for a playoff run, or you seein what we seein?

I don't know honestly, I have a feeling they are gearing for a big trade at the deadline. Hill, Davis contracts are really good for that type of move. Or they could go the other way and try to get picks, which their contracts also work for.

I also don't know how they finish out this roster, that will impact the number I pick.

I think we are improved at most spots... PG, SG, PF. Just depends how we fill in the rest.

Do we make the playoffs? No. Are we worse team? Not so sure yet.

Chances we get a top 5 pick? Less than 5% IMO.

It's still only July.
Agreed.

But I'd expect Kobe to be out at LEAST 30 games.

Boozer prolly get hurt, Randle could have mid season surgery, I mean alot of things could happen to let us suck.

but agree we aren't top 5 pick bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom