2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post bro.

That's why I kinda hate looking at certain things from our past.

Had D-12/Nash worked...we wouldn't be talking about any of this.

But now I think maybe they understand (I'm hoping) we do need to develop more players through the draft.

Even if its 2nd round players. Spurs did it....

Great post bro.

That's why I kinda hate looking at certain things from our past.

Had D-12/Nash worked...we wouldn't be talking about any of this.

But now I think maybe they understand (I'm hoping) we do need to develop more players through the draft.

Even if its 2nd round players. Spurs did it....

2011 - today almost never happened.

Literally nothing has gone the right way.

I kind of chalk it up to we had 30+ years of unfathomable success with 0 slip ups, and the time had come for us to get what was coming.

2011 - today almost never happened.

Literally nothing has gone the right way.

I kind of chalk it up to we had 30+ years of unfathomable success with 0 slip ups, and the time had come for us to get what was coming.

This...Folks had to know ONE DAY the bubble would pop.

But I mean how many years was it between 88 and 2000? 12 years....

We are only in year 4 post title.

:\

This...Folks had to know ONE DAY the bubble would pop.

But I mean how many years was it between 88 and 2000? 12 years....

We are only in year 4 post title.

:\

kobe-bryant-disbelief-o.gif

I blame Lillard. Like I said before, he singleleggedly ended the 2012-2013 Lakers' championship aspirations.

Last edited:
Watched the game yesterday, some thoughts:

Team offense featured too many isolation plays for my taste, but that's Kobe for you. :lol:
Kobe looked good, but I'm not sure he's going to get 20+ per while being efficient if he's mostly going to be working from the perimeter/post.
Nash had some zip, teams still play him to pass while allows him to get layups.
Boozer was whatever, at least he looked active on the boards. His long twos can go to hell though.
Randle looked good, a bit out of control at times but that's expected.
Surprised Clarkson was able to get his shot off as much as he did.
Lin's biggest contribution this upcoming season will be getting to the basket. Just a matter of finishing over defenders or finding the open man.
This team will not shoot as well as last season thanks to the loss of Meeks and Scott's offense.
No rim protectors on this team besides Davis (who was really good).

is swaggawd expect to be out the full 6-8 weeks or will there be a trip to germany by next week :nerd:

need his production to get them w's. i guess it kobe for 40/5/5 till swaggy comes back :smh:

LOL @ SCOTT saying RANDLE not in shape yet.  Son's foot is an issue.  Rookies were working hard from the get go and still not in shape yet?

Then fatty mids KOBE comes in and says he aint tired after 1st pre-season game cuz they run a lot in practice? LOLZ  Makes no sense to me.

Scott playing PR, Kobe on Jesus water, and Lin and Nick Young beef looks good again for LAKER land.

I really get shaq vibes from randle man, it's kinda spooky :lol:. Not exactly comparing them as players but he seems like he could be one of shaq's sister's kids or something.

Clarkson is gonna be nice once he settles in. Seems like he'LL have some freedom out there with Swaggy P sidelined. I think he’ll have a solid game tonite going up against his light skin rival chef curry

Curious to why how Kobe will fare against Iguodala/Thompson as opposed to Afflalo/Foye.

Watch: Byron Scott’s motivational speech to Lakers
Posted by: Rick Brisse October 9, 2014 in Lakers, NBA

Lakers new coach Byron Scott played 11 seasons in Los Angeles and knows what it means to wear purple and gold.
During the team’s first week of practice, Scott made sure his players knew what being a Laker is all about.
Scott is the 25th head coach in franchise history and 21st in the Los Angeles era. He has said during the preseason that he wants the Lakers to play agressive defense and expects other teams to average a high numer of free throws in the preseason.
“The aggressiveness is one thing I want us to keep our mind on,” said Scott to the Los Angeles Times.
“I think for the first three or four preseason games, teams are going to average shooting 37 free throws against us — because that’s how I want us to play,” he continued. “Once we get that established, the referees around the league will know that we’re going to play a physical brand of basketball and some of those things will go away.”
Scott also wants the Lakers to only shoot between 10 to 15 three pointers.
“Our game plan is really to get to that basket,” said Scott after practice Tuesday. “I like the fact that we only shot 10 threes. If we shoot between 10 and 15, I think that’s a good mixture of getting to that basket and shooting threes.
“I don’t want us to be coming down, forcing up a bunch of threes. I really want us to attack the basket.”

Read more: http://sportsglory.com/nba/watch-byron-scotts-motivational-speech-lakers/28792#ixzz3FhEBh19h

7caa1630907cae39ded59061a831c83ee1e7a6d4.jpg

Last edited:
easiest fade ever, do opposite of dantoni, defense, no 3s and drive. lol, same talk he told the young guys on his past teams.

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 34s35 seconds ago
Correction from earlier tweet: Jeremy Lin, not Ronnie Price, will start tonight, said Byron Scott. Expect Price to get backup PG minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom