2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
First preseason game has me a bit more excited for the season. It's hard to root for the team to lose, although I logically can see why for longterm ramifications. In any case I'm ready for the season to start. :D

What's up fellas! I am ready for a new season.   Last night looked pretty good,  first time I've seen clarkson really,  just wondering...does he ever pass?  I like the confidence, but isnt he suppose to be a PG?

He can play a P&R as the ball handler, but typically? No, no he doesn't.

Clippers stealing our lighting now? :smh:

Pistons too bro. Preseason started tonight. There were a lot of new upgrades done over the summer, but the biggest is the new 360-degree jumbotron. To make it easier to see, the lights in the stands are super dimmed. I'm on the floor, so its still bright af by me, but still, its dope to see. Trying to make it seem like you're at the show. Jerry Buss was ahead of his time man.

on a side note, jody meeks was balling. dude legit is still in rhythm from that season lmao. he was letting that thing fly yo

pau sighting..

View media item 1210897

Last edited:
^
frown.gif

I know I know it's preseason but Pau had 10 boards last night dude ain't in the grave yet, still think he's gonna prove he's not a bum these days.

I just can't bring myself to talk bad about him, 3 straight finals trips....that's my dog for life L.O. too :smh: shame the way it all fell apart.

Yeah I don't think Pau's a bum either, just that he wasn't right for the Lakers anymore (and the Lakers weren't right for him either). The Bulls are a situation he can thrive in at this point in his career, hope they do him justice

C CP1708 Want something to make you angry? Go watch the 30 for 30 Short "The Great Trade Robbery" It talks about how the Cowboys rejuvenated to a dynasty in the 1990s.

C CP1708 Want something to make you angry? Go watch the 30 for 30 Short "The Great Trade Robbery" It talks about how the Cowboys rejuvenated to a dynasty in the 1990s.

The Walker trade?

That deal is the single biggest reason I became a huge draft fan. Dead serious. I was mesmerized by that deal and the benefits it gave the Cowboys.

I will def check it out shortly.

The Walker trade?

That deal is the single biggest reason I became a huge draft fan. Dead serious. I was mesmerized by that deal and the benefits it gave the Cowboys.

I will def check it out shortly.

Yes indeed

http://grantland.com/features/30-for-30-shorts-the-great-trade-robbery/

Last edited:
Byron Scott wants Lakers to average 10 to 15 three-point shots a game

The Lakers are quickly adjusting to life after Mike D'Antoni, who resigned as coach after a 27-55 season.

His replacement, Byron Scott, has spent most of training camp focusing on defense and conditioning.

The team's offense will also have a very different look under Scott.

Though D'Antoni liked his team's high volume of three-point attempts (24.8 a game at a 38.1% clip), Scott was happy the Lakers had only 10 attempts (making five) on Monday in their preseason opener against the Denver Nuggets.

"Our game plan is really to get to that basket," said Scott after practice Tuesday. "I like the fact that we only shot 10 threes. If we shoot between 10 and 15, I think that's a good mixture of getting to that basket and shooting threes.

"I don't want us to be coming down, forcing up a bunch of threes. I really want us to attack the basket."

D'Antoni made his reputation running a high-powered offense with the Phoenix Suns. His teams were less famous for their defense; last year's Lakers were particularly helpless on that end through an injury-plagued season.

The Lakers held the Nuggets to just 38.7% from the field in their 98-95 exhibition win, although they sent Denver to the free-throw line for 44 shots.

Scott said he didn't mind his team fouling.

"The aggressiveness is one thing I want us to keep our mind on," said Scott.

"I think for the first three or four preseason games, teams are going to average shooting 37 free throws against us -- because that's how I want us to play," he continued. "Once we get that established, the referees around the league will know that we're going to play a physical brand of basketball and some of those things will go away."

The Lakers committed 34 personal fouls to the Nuggets' 27. Meanwhile, the Lakers finished with 22 free throws, making 15, while shooting 44.8% from the field.

The team plays Thursday night at Staples Center in a preseason game against the Golden State Warriors.
Link

Turrible.

Get with the damn times. :smh:

Byron sounding like he spent the summer taking PR classes. :lol:

Sell the fans that he's the exact opposite of D'Antoni, check. Make a connection with what fans remember about Pat Riley's coaching and the 80's, check.

:smh:

For some reason I can't watch the youtube vids that get posted on NT lately , what is that vid ?

Is that the top ten threes with some old hippie music in the background ?

C CP1708 something I was thinking about based on that documentary about Herschel Walker and the Cowboys.

Just thinking about the 2012 offseason.

20/20 Hindsight says that we should have just stayed with Ramon Sessions, and not made the Steve Nash trade. Cost us 2 - 1st Rounders & 2- 2nd Rounders, and flexibility in 2013-14 & 2014-15. But at the time, it was the right move. LA media, LA fans murdered Sessions. He came out bad from the playoffs that's undeniable, but I don't necessarily think it was fair. Sometimes you play badly in your first playoffs, especially when your task is a Top 5 NBA player to guard. Kobe's first playoffs were bad too. Not saying Sessions is Kobe, but being bad didn't mean he couldn't handle the lights. Nonetheless, with the storm surrounding him, and Dwight Howard in the air, Mitch had to try to sweeten the pot for Dwight and bring in Steve Nash.

We lost the 2013 -1st Round, 2013 - 2nd Round, 2014 - 2nd Round & likely 2015 - 1st Round

Orlando got 4 - 1sts & 2nd for Dwight. 2015 - 2nd & 2017 1st from us.

I'm curious about what the absence of Nash deal would have changed in terms of the Dwight Howard trade. I think we probably trade all 3 of those 1sts ('13, '15 & '17), lose Bynum and still keep the 3 - 2nds (2013, 2014 & 2015 if it's 41-60). 3 - 1sts, then add Bynum could have netted them at least another 1st, even though he was out for the season, you would have gotten the bird rights of the 2nd best center that's worth something to middle of the road teams, so I think there was a chance that they take a straight up trade. Or even if they didn't, I think it would be a 3 team instead of a 4 team trade. Cut out Denver, if Orlando took on Iggy for a half season could have gotten picks for him in a midseason trade.

So we likely would go into 2012-13 with the same amount of 1sts, but 3 extra 2nds. Which as we know can be bought, and are effectively useless. They're assets, but their worth is at best a 2.5/10.

Had we traded Pau in mid-season of that year, we'd definitely get a 1st round pick for him. But Dwight would be gone anyway because we couldn't sign anybody (Kobe, D12, Hill & Meeks would have left like $4mil in cap).

We could have traded Dwight to Golden State, but would it be smart with CP3/Blake on the Clips to create D12/Steph/Iggy in GSW even if we got Klay & Harrison Barnes? Even if we got Klay & Barnes. Just wouldn't be a wise move especially when Steph's ankles got him such a low ball deal. We'd have to take on David Lee, so they'd have Steph/Iggy/D12 and $20mil in cap. We'd be screwed for a long time.

So largely exception of giving Nash that 3rd year :smh: , I think that the Nash trade up to when Dwight left would have us nearly in the same spot on 10/8/2014. Sure, we would have made 1 extra 2nd round pick (we would have drafted Clarkson instead of buying a pick in June), and a probably mid 20s 1st pick. If it was 2013, maybe we get Tim Hardaway Jr. Who is good, but you can find him for $3mil no problem.

Unfortunately, in a different scenario, we likely end up in exactly the same place, which is depressing more than having the lie that things would have been different under different circumstances.

Last edited:

Thanks for the Link. Great story....

Now if we could get Mitch to watch....

Read my post above. It's hard to imagine how up to today things would be much different. And I hate that I thought it out. :smh:

Where it becomes relevant is this year. Hill, Davis, Wes, X he needs to get some picks out of. Lin as well, but I honestly think it'd be a wink-wink where Mitch would trade him, and then bring him back in the offseason.

If he got 2-1sts, I'd be happy. Hell even if he just got 1 from a playoff team for Hill, I'd be happy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom