2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another under-reported consequence thanks to claiming Boozer. Lakers only able to sign Clarkson to two year deal. They could have gone up to four years with the cap space used for Booz.
frown.gif

Yes, exactly. I would give ANYONE a chance over Booze, Young, Wes, Or Hill.

D-League, washout, whatever. You damn right I would.

I was in favor of Tarik Black, I don't even know who the **** Taric Black is, but I wanna find out. Damn sure more than watching Hill or Boozer who cost 12 million dollars or so.

I can see why you're confused tho, I haven't pounded the table for playin young guys or anything, not at all.
Get me Ray Allen, Udonis Haslem, Barbosa and Kurt Thomas, they know how to win.........

:rolleyes

Another under-reported consequence thanks to claiming Boozer. Lakers only able to sign Clarkson to two year deal. They could have gone up to four years with the cap space used for Booz.

Not a big deal, we didn't even know Clarkson might be good, Boozer all day baby, GIMME DAT!!!!!

:lol: :smh:

You gotta be drinkin today already E. I wouldn't want a nobody youngster to get a look over these washout vets I can't stand. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's ok man, you don't always need the cape for Mitch. It's ok.

why in the blue hell did they claim boozer anyway? was this to please kobe? kobe thinking he and boozer can make the playoffs? :lol:

sometimes i cant believe this franchise won that many titles :lol:

That's technically not what did it. Not having cap space did, but that wasn't completely a product of Booze.

Because they made all their signings after Boozer. Boozer was the 17th, Kelly/Hill/Young/Davis were done the 21st-24th, yes already all agreed upon. But they had that space still with Boozer on the roster, they waited until August to get a deal done. They could have actually found some money before the agreed up deals were signed, even after Boozer to get Clarkson signed.

They would have still had some money left over with cap holds, but they signed Hill, Young & Kelly for more first.

It also is a pretty standard MO to sign 2nd rounders late in the off season.

And technically got a 3 year deal anyway... 3rd year is a QO.

Last edited:
Kobe should give Wesley Matthews a call to cheer him up.  maybe will pay dividends when he becomes a FA.  (but probably unlikely)

Last edited:

That's technically not what did it. Not having cap space did, but that wasn't completely a product of Booze.

Because they made all their signings after Boozer. Boozer was the 17th, Kelly/Hill/Young/Davis were done the 21st-24th, yes already all agreed upon. But they had that space still with Boozer on the roster, they waited until August to get a deal done. They could have actually found some money before the agreed up deals were signed, even after Boozer to get Clarkson signed.

They would have still had some money left over with cap holds, but they signed Hill, Young & Kelly for more first.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Or they coulda, ya know, not signed Boozer at all.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Or they coulda, ya know, not signed Boozer at all.

:lol: that too..

But then the money goes somewhere else, and he's got a 2 year, 3rd year QO anyway. Some to Nick Young, because Boozer took money off of Nick's contract, the rest to Jordan Hill, or Wes Johnson for more than the minimum.

I already looked. Not a single second rounder was signed before July 25th. Half of them who did sign in August & as late as September. Just how things always work.

Last edited:
Its a god damned mother cycle. chill them bleep and wait for the calvary which will coming DIE RECTLY.

Stop with this Bill Simmons anylsis and Cleo talk about who and if, and all that.

No one here still knows who that bald Delonte West towel boy in sweats is, NO ONE knows who scouts for the Lakers, and prettu much NO ONE cares for Trisha Takanowa.

Yall need to chill and take some Bath and Body works bubble baths, cop some beach balls and curve ya meats. Getting to tense in here bout lost out talent.

Discrimminating on Lin, Boozer, and all ezcited about fresh meat talent. SMH.

6a00d8341c6d4753ef01310f4e741c970c-400wi

Its a god damned mother cycle. chill them bleep and wait for the calvary which will coming DIE RECTLY.

Stop with this Bill Simmons anylsis and Cleo talk about who and if, and all that.

No one here still knows who that bald Delonte West towel boy in sweats is, NO ONE knows who scouts for the Lakers, and prettu much NO ONE cares for Trisha Takanowa.

Yall need to chill and take some Bath and Body works bubble baths, cop some beach balls and curve ya meats. Getting to tense in here bout lost out talent.

Discrimminating on Lin, Boozer, and all ezcited about fresh meat talent. SMH.
All of this

dudes all Quagmire on Townz. Okafor, Randle, like they fresh non GMO fresh Eggplant size.
This too

Last edited:
Something about thinking about and throwing the 8=====D of players in the draft, league and in general. Quite bizarre.

It’s pretty much dead even. What you lose in scoring with Towns you get back on the defensive side. And Towns’s offense is improving as the year goes. He’s shooting nearly 80 effing percent from the field in his last four games, and whether it’s a close win against LSU or surviving in Athens, he’s got a knack for coming up big when things get tight. But where the Okafor-Towns comparison really gets lopsided is when you remove college basketball from the equation.

Towns fits perfectly with where the NBA is going. Post-up power forwards have turned into the NBA’s version of running backs. They will never disappear, and a potentially great one (like Okafor) will always help. But you can get by without one, and honestly, you might be better off.

That’s what makes this draft interesting. Fifteen years ago, Okafor-Towns would have made for a great draft debate. In 2015, it just won’t. Or at least it shouldn’t.

Towns can be the centerpiece of an offense one day, but he’ll also anchor a defense. He’s good enough at the rim to let a coach go small to space the floor around him with shooters. He doesn’t have the freakish guard skills of Anthony Davis, but that’s the wrong comparison. Think of the Orlando version of Dwight Howard, but with better free throw shooting and the ability to hit a face-up jumper.

Building your team around a low-post scorer with defensive questions is fine, but it requires an all-in investment. It consumes the identity of your offense, and you still have to find help down low on defense. And most of the best teams in the NBA are going in the other direction. This is the problem that’s been vexing the Kings for as long as they’ve had Boogie Cousins. This problem would not exist with Towns.

TOWNS, TOWNS, GET ME TOWNS.

TOWNS AND RANDLE, TOWNS AND RANDLE, GET. ME. TOWNS.

I want Towns.

To be a Laker.

As a rookie, not when he's 37.

Last edited:
I have pretty much accepted that Byron will do whatever it takes to win and our final record will be solely dependent on how bad his core 5 are. :rolleyes :rolleyes

He's not gonna play Clarkson, Kelly and Black heavy minutes and purposely tank these final games.

Lin, Ellington, Wes, Hill and Davis will decide our future. :x

I literally can't watch another game.

Last edited:
Jeanie Buss is in charge of the Los Angeles Lakers as a business, while her brother is in charge of the team as a sports organization. Her brother, Jim Buss, has said he'll step down if the team doesn't contend for a title in "three or four years,"and that was last April, so two or three years now. That wouldn't be a big deal, except Mitch Kupchak recently said that the team wouldn't prioritize immediate improvement to prolong Kobe Bryant's title window over the youth movement and a patience towards rebuilding.

“I've been assured by our basketball operations that the team will be back in contention soon. If we are not meeting those goals, then changes have to occur,” Buss said in a recent interview with Los Angeles News Group in her office at the Lakers' practice facility in El Segundo. “I have no reason not to believe them when they tell me that's what they can deliver. I don't see what would be holding them back.”

Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak recently reported he will prioritize the team's financial flexibility and youth this summer over signing veteran free agents, a strategy that might compromise Kobe Bryant's quest to win his sixth NBA championship in the 2015-16 campaign in what could mark his 20th and last NBA season. Lakers executive vice president of player personnel Jim Buss, who is Jeanie's brother, has promised the Lakers would reach the Western Conference Finals within three years.

And if not?

“Then we owe it to our shareholders, fans and partners that we have to move in a different direction to get this team back into contention,” Jeanie Buss said. “We made a commitment that we would operate the team the way Dr. Buss ran it.”

So which is it? Is Jeanie Buss just placating her shareholders, business partners, and the fanbase by saying that they're going to do what they've always done and try and shortcut their way to the title, while the club has a longer plan? Or do the Buss siblings believe they can rebuild faster, using big free agent signings this summer or next, and Kupchak isn't of the same mindset? Is Jeanie Buss growing tired of how pitiful the team has been and how many times her brother has whiffed in his time as the head decision maker for the club?

A misunderstanding? A smoke screen? Miscommunication?

It's confusing, and it doesn't appear to be a good sign. People have questioned Jim Buss' leadership since he decided to oust Phil Jackson four years ago. Oh, hey, and who is Phil Jackson engaged to? Oh, that's right. His sister.

Remember, the Lakers are losing their first round pick either this year or next year (it's top five protected this season, top three protected next year). There's no incentive to tank next year like there is this year unless they are truly awful. This is a dicey situation the Lakers find themselves in, with a big star on a big contract with big injuries, very little to offer stars, no real stars on the market until 2016, a fanbase that's used to every year being a title contention year, and a VP who's getting tired of hearing the fanbase talk about what they're used to.

You wonder how long this is tenable.

I don't really understand the point here.

Jeanie said 3-4 years. Jim said WCF within 3 years, and Mitch is trying to stack young assets now, and will buy in the summer or next summer. Hence, be ready to make a run within 3 years.

Doesn't that sound like all 3 are on the same path? :lol: :lol:

For this instance, I see the 3 of them on the same page, and we're ok if they execute this plan. If they waver, then yeah, we have a problem.

This is from Hardwood Paroxysm, he's usually on point, but I think he's reachin on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom