2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the Lakers can interest the Cavs in Jordan Hill? Not a rim protector, but he's tall. :lol

Brendan Haywood is on the books for $2.2M this season, but has a non-guaranteed $10M (!) year left next season. So in essence, he's an expiring contract. Would need the Cavs to send Dion Waiters to a team with cap space (Sixers?) to create the extra cap space to absorb Hill.

Edit:

Forgot to mention one of (if not both) the Cavs and Sixers would have to send picks to the Lakers.

Last edited:
Worthy is a fool every time the Lakers win
roll.gif
funniest BALONEY I've watched today. LOLZ. watching it on mute is even better. dude is the DPOtheDecade.

Soooo we are going thru all this and we still might not keep our pick :lol oh brother :{

Like I said, Mitch better be gone if this happens.

It will be absolutely soul crushing to be this terrible, but be foolish enough to win 2-3 extra worthless games and give away two picks for those wins.

Will be the absolute lowest point in franchise history if that **** takes place. I "kind" of get the reasoning not full on tanking last year. Guaranteed pick no matter what, good player no matter what, etc. Ok. But this year, that is not the case. If they **** this up, after having a second chance to clean up the Nash/Dwight mess, and STILL, not helping ourselves out, while making a division rival better..... :{

lets say we tank and get a top 5 pick,  doesn't phoenix get our first rounder the following year?  can anyone clarify what happens for phoenix

lets say we tank and get a top 5 pick,  doesn't phoenix get our first rounder the following year?  can anyone clarify what happens for phoenix
I think if we keep our pick, they get it the next year, but we also protect our pick for 2017 if we keep this pick,

Something like that.

I think if we keep our pick, they get it the next year, but we also protect our pick for 2017 if we keep this pick,

Something like that.

Correct. We could keep our 2015 pick, making 2016 go to the Suns (top 3 protected, but zero chance we still suck that bad by that point) so since our 2016 pick goes to the Suns, our 2017 stays with us, and we give the Magic 2 2nd round picks instead.

If we give up our 2015 pick, we keep 2016, and give up our 2017 first rounder. :{

Like I said, Mitch better be gone if this happens.

It will be absolutely soul crushing to be this terrible, but be foolish enough to win 2-3 extra worthless games and give away two picks for those wins.

Will be the absolute lowest point in franchise history if that **** takes place. I "kind" of get the reasoning not full on tanking last year. Guaranteed pick no matter what, good player no matter what, etc. Ok. But this year, that is not the case. If they **** this up, after having a second chance to clean up the Nash/Dwight mess, and STILL, not helping ourselves out, while making a division rival better..... :{

Yea but what else could he do?? He already has a trash coach, the players are trash for the most part. The only thing that can guarantee us a Top 5 is an imjury to Kobe or completely trade off any available assets we have right now. I dont think Mitch lets the bottom completely fall out right now. Of course we are all for that but I dont know how you would sell that to Kobe or the average fans.

So I dunno I think the best we can hope for is for the TWolves to pick up more wins later in the season with somes players returning and maybe the Hornets to turn things around. Then hope that Kobe loses some energy later on with a trade or 2. That may get us in that Top 4 at least.

Basically need at least two of the Hornets, Pistons and Knicks trio to get their **** together, incremental improvement from the Jazz and the T'Wolves to get healthy to feel comfortable about staying in the top five.

Basically need at least two of the Hornets, Pistons and Knicks trio to get their **** together, incremental improvement from the Jazz and the T'Wolves to get healthy to feel comfortable about staying in the top five.
Basiclly. But unfortunately none of that we can control.

The moment you realize my Cubs are in farrrrrrrr better shape than my Lakers. :{

CP how you feeling about the Lester signing? Everyone is going crazy here on the north side. I'm more intested in seeing how good Kris Bryant can be :hat

Last edited:
The moment you realize my Cubs are in farrrrrrrr better shape than my Lakers. :{

CP how you feeling about the Lester signing? Everyone is going crazy here on the north side. I'm more intested in seeing how good Kris Bryant can be :hat

You should venture in the Cubs thread. I've been following Theo's move since the day he signed with us. I knew the day was coming, just needed Jon to agree.

I was kinda bummed when we missed on Martin, but Theo grabs Montero for half the money. :hat

Not done yet, this is only phase 2, phase 3 is next off season, and THEN the Cubs will truly be ready.

You get a chance, come into the Cubs thread and look around. Ton of info in there outlining the overall plan the Cubs are enacting.

You should venture in the Cubs thread. I've been following Theo's move since the day he signed with us. I knew the day was coming, just needed Jon to agree.

I was kinda bummed when we missed on Martin, but Theo grabs Montero for half the money. :hat

Not done yet, this is only phase 2, phase 3 is next off season, and THEN the Cubs will truly be ready.

You get a chance, come into the Cubs thread and look around. Ton of info in there outlining the overall plan the Cubs are enacting.

Yankees Plan is worse than the Lakers plan :(

Hornets and T-Wolves with wins. :hat

Spurs sit Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, and Kawhi, still beat the **** out of the Knicks. :{

Ford's Mock Draft:
5. Los Angeles Lakers - Justise Winslow

Lakers fans can breath a huge sigh of relief if they land here in the Top 5. Thanks to the Steve Nash trade, the Lakers owe this pick to Phoenix if it falls between No. 6 and 30. The team will be cutting it very, very close this season. Had the Lakers lost the coin flip with the Jazz, this pick would have gone to the Suns. Ultimately, losing would be the best thing to happen to the Lakers. The team really has one promising young prospect -- Julius Randle -- who is missing his rookie season with a leg injury. He's their power forward of the future.

Every other spot in the starting lineup is really pretty wide open going forward. I think Winslow might be the perfect fit for them for a number of reasons: 1. The Lakers are currently starting Wesley Johnson at the 3; and 2. Winslow has the sort of toughness and winner's mentality that Kobe Bryant can respect. Like Randle, he's going to go hard every minute. While Winslow still needs to work on his jumper, he should be able to come in right away and give the Lakers hustle, toughness and defense along with his terrific ability to finish drives at the rim. With Randle and Winslow as the two guys the Lakers will be building around, Lakers fans can start to feel better about the team's long-term future.
27. Los Angeles Lakers - Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

If the Lakers add a small forward with their first pick, adding a guard like Hollis-Jefferson would be another nice complement to the team. Hollis-Jefferson is an elite athlete, defends multiple positions and plays with the type of competitiveness that the Lakers -- especially Kobe -- really value. If he had a decent jumper, he'd be much higher on the board. He could end up being a Gerald Wallace type of player in the NBA.

Last edited:
Winslow > Mkg 

right?

As long as thats the case, I'll be perfectly happy with Winslow.

Prefer Okafor or Towns. but Winslow is an awesome prospect.

:rollin at that tweet and imagery.

I like Winslow from the three or four times I've seen Duke. I'd like to see if he could handle the ball more and if his shot holds up over time.

Edit:

There's something fishy about Winslow's shooting. He shoots 38.5% from three (10-26 on the yr), yet his jump shooting from two sits at 13% and shoots 60% from the line. Uh...red flag?

Last edited:
Oh hey.

The Baseline: Which Laker do teams make trade calls for? Surprise, it's Jordan Hill

Back in mid-July, when the Lakers gave free-agent big man Jordan Hill a two-year deal worth $18 million, the contract brought some head-scratching and furrowed brows. Hill had bounced through three teams in his five years in the league, mostly coming off the bench as an energy guy, and had clashed with Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni the previous year.

A contract that once looked overwrought now appears eminently fair, to the point where the Lakers are considered likely to exercise the $9 million option they hold on Hill’s deal next season. On a roster widely viewed as devoid of trade assets, sources told Sporting News that Hill is the one guy about whom the Lakers get realistic trade calls—but that LA has no plans to move him.

When LA was criticized for the size of Hill’s contract, he mostly shrugged it off. He had been pursued by the Heat and Rockets—among others—but Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak told him to make sure he checked back with the team before he signed elsewhere.

“I heard all that, but I didn’t pay any attention,” Hill told Sporting News. “I knew I had the skills to do it, I just needed the minutes. With D’Antoni, it was hard for me to find the minutes. He wanted me to do the things he wanted me to do to get the minutes. I couldn’t really do what I wanted to do, to play the way I know I could play.

"So, things happened and now it’s a whole new year. Now, I am one of the main focal points of the team, so I can go out there and do what I am capable of doing.”

The tables have turned. Getting consistent minutes now with coach Byron Scott, Hill is averaging career highs in points (13.0) and rebounds (9.0) and has been one of the few bright spots in an otherwise dismal Lakers season.

Scott was among those who thought that the problem with Hill last season was the way that D’Antoni was deploying him—Hill had begun to show a pretty good midrange shot last season, but his attacking, high-energy style didn’t fit for D’Antoni.

“I thought that Jordan could be a double-double guy, and he is pretty close to that,” Scott said. “I sat down with Jordan before the season and told him what I expected from him. I saw him in the summer, in the gym, and he was knocking that (midrange) shot down. I saw him in training camp knocking it down on a consistent basis, so that has not surprised me at all.”

Hill makes 36.7 percent of his attempts from 16 feet out to the 3-point line, and he has gained confidence in that shot—they now account for more than a third of his shots, up from 11.3 percent last year.

That confidence began this offseason, even before he had committed to stay with the Lakers. Hill said that at age 26, he wanted to really establish himself in the league this season. He changed up his diet, cutting out junk food while cutting back on going out and drinking alcohol.

Most important, he reported for workouts with Atlanta trainer Derrick Hamilton, a former star at Southern Miss who played for 15 years in the minors and overseas, on June 1. Typically, Hill said, he would start workouts at the end of July, but he was determined to get better this year.

“With Derrick, it was definitely my jumpshot,” Hill said. “We focused on my jumpshot a lot more than usual. A lot of footwork things, things I can change with my footwork. A lot of confidence things, too, where I can go out there and play my game and have confidence in those shots.”

And while no one has been looking, Hill has been pushing his game out to the 3-point line. He said that will be a focal point of his workouts next summer, and he’s already begun working on the shot with Lakers coaches.

“If I took 100 3s right now, I would say I could make close to 50,” Hill told me. “Probably 40.”

I pointed out that would point him in Stephen Curry territory, and that he is thus far 0-for-11 from the arc in his career.

Hill smiled. “I can shoot 3s,” he said. “I can definitely make them. I am just not worried about making 3s right now because we have got our 3-point shooters on the team. But I know I can knock them down if I have the chance.”
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/sto...kobe-bryant-mike-dantoni?eadid=SOC/Twi/SNMain

:| if Mitch holds onto Hill like he did Pau.

Could have made sense in Houston, but he doesn't fit into their Lin TPE. :{

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom