2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Manup :lol:

Lucas backers amuse the **** outta me. Flat out blind *** folks. I can't help but call em out for it.

I think I've proven I'm comfortable bein the bad guy. Lucas is garbage. Sue me. :lol:

CP is the villain we want but not the one we feel like having right now 
pimp.gif

CP is a clown, nothing more, nothing less. :lol:

If/when I ever get banned, I'm comin back as DarthCP. Zero doubt.

I'm pretty sure I was the one that nominated DarthSka for his name change, but I could be misremembering. Maybe he remembers.

And if I ever do change my avy (not likely) I'm thinkin Luke-Vader silhouette from ESB in the Carbon freezing chamber. :pimp:

Been a long time since I have posted in this thread haha. Lakers beating Toronto was def not expected

Nah I've watched them just don't get geeked like some people. They're ok movies.

Manup
laugh.gif

Lucas backers amuse the **** outta me. Flat out blind *** folks. I can't help but call em out for it.

I think I've proven I'm comfortable bein the bad guy. Lucas is garbage. Sue me.
laugh.gif
watching return of the jedi right now, it was a perfect movie when it came out

but my god is this terrible and totally took me out of the movie 
mean.gif

just pure garbage 
mean.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

It's what has been said FORever. Empire was dark as ****, because Kasdan did a tremendous job, as did Kershner (sp).

But Lucas got soft, and went for the "kid money" of lunchboxes & ****. So we had Ewoks, and burping vaginas that swallowed Boba freaking Fett. :smh:

Then Menace COMPLETELY proved the point when he not only tried to appeal to little boys, he cast one to be the main star. :x

Which were the best films in each trilogy? Empire, and ROTS. The two darkest ones in each story. Big ******* surprise there. :lol:

True greatness comes from the most danger, the best villains, TRUE threats. Vader in Empire kicking the good guys ***. The Joker. Winter Soldier. Actual worthwhile villains.

Best part of Menace, Maul.
Best part of Jedi, Vader/Emperor duel.
Dark Knight Returns, Bane.

Iron Man 3 was goin great, til Mandarin became a freaking fraud. :lol: :lol:

The actual stories of Star Wars are best when there is true danger the bad guys might win. Lucas wanted to sell thermos's and backpacks so he made Jar Jars and Roger Roger's and **** like that. :smh:

This has been known for years, and some people act like its not a real thing. :lol: :lol: :smh:

its not even getting kid money

theres just random cgi crap walking around in the background for no reason 
laugh.gif
sick.gif

glad they're going back to practical effects

compare the JP t-rex to 1998 godzilla and you can see how trash cgi is compared to practical effects

interstellar looked incredible because nolan actually used and filmed scale models of the spaceship like they did in the og starwars films

Oh, wait wait wait wait.......

I didn't even click the vid you posted. That's the altered crap edition. Naw, I don't watch those man. Not at all, ever. No.

OG trilogy, theatrical version only. **** that "adjusted" bull ****. :smh:

obiwan and r2 are the only likable characters from the prequels 

well darth maul too but he got like 15 minutes of screen time 
mean.gif

at least natalie portman looked good 
pimp.gif

Per 40 minutes can have some noise in them, but:

Okafor: 25.8 points (64 eFG%), 11.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 2.3 blocks.
Towns: 17.2 points (51 eFG%), 16.0 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 6.5 blocks.

I think Towns is the best fit next to Kobe and Randle.

Anywho, Ford's Big Board 3.0 I'll just post the top three, but will take requests as well:

1. Jahlil Okafor

Okafor has definitely lived up to the hype early in the season. He's shooting 74 percent from the field at the rim and an impressive 41 percent on his 2-point jumpers. His footwork, soft hands and poise in the paint have all been extraordinary. There hasn't been a freshman big man this polished offensively in a while. One small area of concern is on the defensive side of things. Okafor's 14.5 rebounding rate is solid, but not elite. For someone so big and strong, he should be grabbing more boards. However, he remains the consensus No. 1 pick in the draft. Mudiay and Towns (and possibly Porzingis) will give him a serious run, but for now he's on top of the Big Board of every NBA exec I spoke with.

2. Emmanuel Mudiay

There were serious questions among NBA scouts about how Mudiay would fare in China. So far the results have been very positive. Mudiay's numbers have been strong in his first nine games and just as importantly, his team, Guangdong, has been winning when he's on the floor. The only real weakness right now is a pedestrian 32 percent shooting from beyond the arc. An ankle injury has kept him out of action the past couple of weeks, but it's nothing serious -- his camp, understandably, is just bringing him back slowly. There's very little question at this point that Mudiay is the best guard prospect in the draft. I don't think there's a close second. Where he goes in the draft will likely depend on who gets the top overall pick.

3. Karl-Anthony Towns

John Calipari's platoon system is artificially limiting Towns' minutes and stats. But when you dig a little deeper, he's having an extraordinary season -- especially on the defensive end. His 18.2 rebound rate is the best among freshmen in the country and he's averaging an impressive three blocks per game in just under 19 minutes a game. While it will be hard for Towns to keep up with Okafor in sheer production, every scout who has seen Kentucky play this year has come to the same conclusion. Not only is he the best player on UK right now -- he's a legit contender for the No. 1 pick.

I'm pretty worried about tonight's game. :smh:

Not even SVG can save the garbage fire that is the Pistons this season.

Edit:

@Mike_Bresnahan Kobe didn't come to shoot-around, stayed at team hotel. Byron said he "looked exhausted" on yesterday's flight. Will play tonight vs. DET

Last edited:
on the bright side if there was ever a game where josh smith would look somewhat efficient it would be the one where carlos boozer is guarding him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom