2013 NY JETS OFF-SEASON THREAD 8-8 ..12 Picks ...

Jake Locker can be had.  Our offense as usual is the uncertainty, keep in mind, we played the Bills people. I'm not sold totally on Geno though. Next year is the test of how good he is imo. Why? This first go round, there isn't a whole lot of game film on him. When they really start to lock on him, we can see how good of a QB he can be. Not only that, let's see if management will help him by shoring up that O line and giving him some actual receivers worth a damn. I know I seem like I'm being pessimistic, but I like to think long term. I'm tired of being excited for 4 weeks out of 17, and the rest I'm miserable. We still have a long way to go.

Stat i just heard: in the last 67 regular season games (the number of games since he started as Jets coach) Rex Ryan's record is 36-31. The exact same as Tom Coughlin's over the same period of time.

never knew that , giant fans would do nothing but bring up superbowl wins so it makes no sense even bringing it up to them.

i like rex, just gotta find the right guy to run his offense and sharpen up on the lil things and he'd be an elite coach ....

am i makin sense at 6 in the morning ?

never knew that , giant fans would do nothing but bring up superbowl wins so it makes no sense even bringing it up to them.

i like rex, just gotta find the right guy to run his offense and sharpen up on the lil things and he'd be an elite coach ....

am i makin sense at 6 in the morning ?

Marty is a decent coordinator imo. Jets were 2-1 at this point last season but this seasons 2-1 seems like a much more positive optimistic 2-1. Its just 3 games but I've seen a few positives so far this season.

Stat i just heard: in the last 67 regular season games (the number of games since he started as Jets coach) Rex Ryan's record is 36-31. The exact same as Tom Coughlin's over the same period of time.
Take that Giants fans. 

Good point tho onewearz. They sound like Yankee fans after a while. 

The superbowl championship did happen for NYG during that span of time, but they completely missed the playoffs 3 out of those 4 years.  If trends continue, this season will make it 4 out of 5 (since 0-3 teams never make the playoffs.)

NYJ went to back to back conference championships during that span of time.

^ Yup. People think that the Jets are just awful. Historically, yes. But those two superbowls aside, the Jets have been just as consistent as the Giants. People just don't acknowledge that. 

Two very similar teams this week...will be a low scoring game and knowing that they do most of their work on the ground, I feel decent about this one since we have been so good against the run this year. Titans D has been excellent this year though, so it will be crucial for Geno to limit the turnovers in this one.

yeah , sheldon richardson is a beast :smokin

our D-Line period is the best in the league in my most humble opinion. i don't see anybody's f*ckin wit it ... am i wrong ??

I agree but that Lions D line is pretty good as well.

Seriously, the front 7 is nasty. Richardson looks awesome in Rex's scheme, Mo is just a monster.

Letting Revis go was the right decision though as much as it hurt to see him leave. You never want to tie up that much money to one player who isn't a QB and our secondary was still good last year without him.

With that said, we really have missed Laron Landry this year, not sure why we didn't keep him.

Letting Revis go was the right decision though as much as it hurt to see him leave. You never want to tie up that much money to one player who isn't a QB and our secondary was still good last year without him.

With that said, we really have missed Laron Landry this year, not sure why we didn't keep him.
Im talking about John Abraham.

But yes I was saying that , we let one Landry go for the other one we shoulda kept both of em, the two brothers at safety :pimp:

Landry is playing really well for Indy, didn't play against the 9ers though. Wonder if he will this Sunday.

His physique was unreal last night :lol:

Hahaha that freaking guy melts urine cups when it's test time....on another note its weird dee milliner isn't the impact player I thought he was in know its his rookie yr and he's got the nagging hamstring but I thought duke was gunna create his own island at least by now

Also on another note it just goes to show you with the whole revis situation how Rex is a players coach and revis is dying In schiano's nazi rule...I hope Rex is here for a while how many of y'all miss the 09-10 Rex?

^^ yea man I know it's too tough to call already but imfeel Kyle Wilson proved himself all last yr why start this UN proven rookie already I feel like the d coaches screwed up on that one

Back
Top Bottom