2013 NY JETS OFF-SEASON THREAD 8-8 ..12 Picks ...

Don't forget Clyde Gates....SMFH
No, we want to forget him 
laugh.gif

When's the last time the Jets had an explosive, game changing WR? Obviously the front office sees something in these WR's that we don't.

You can't expect a rookie QB to win games when his best option is Kerley.

Keyshawn was that last explosive WR.

Coles, Moss and Pennington, that was a fun team to watch growing up. Wish Chad could've stayed healthy some, he was real solid.

Coles, Moss and Pennington, that was a fun team to watch growing up. Wish Chad could've stayed healthy some, he was real solid.
Those rotator cuff injuries killed him. I remember throws to his left... dude would loft those balls. no velocity what so ever.

But he had the smarts and was smart in the red zone.

Our last 'explosive' WR was Keyshawn though.

maybe Curtis Conway next.
 that's a joke. lol

He also killed his receivers. It took a while for me to realize we were never gonna win with Chad. Accuracy can only take you but so far

yeah chad used to get Laverneous lit up :lol:

ever notice how once a player we draft or finds his way with us we always trade for chips or picks to draft and mold again :smh:

painful how many all pro's out there that wore green ...

yeah chad used to get Laverneous lit up
laugh.gif

ever notice how once a player we draft or finds his way with us we always trade for chips or picks to draft and mold again
mean.gif

took a lot of heat in the college football thread but imagine we got Marcus Mariota. That'd be a dream come true

Any news on Mo Wilk? Sundays game will be rough, especially without him.
He's playing. He said so himself. Was actually out there for practise, but I think limited.

Coples has begun practising with the team as well doing team drills, but his status for this Sunday is uncertain. Good news nonetheless.

Those rotator cuff injuries killed him. I remember throws to his left... dude would loft those balls. no velocity what so ever.

But he had the smarts and was smart in the red zone.

Our last 'explosive' WR was Keyshawn though.

maybe Curtis Conway next.
 that's a joke. lol
Once I saw that rotator cuff..I was like damn 
tired.gif
. I STILL have my Pennington jersey in my closet though 
laugh.gif

yeah chad used to get Laverneous lit up
laugh.gif

ever notice how once a player we draft or finds his way with us we always trade for chips or picks to draft and mold again
mean.gif

I'm still mad over James Farrior and John Abraham man. STILL!  
laugh.gif

tired.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
lol James Farrior struggled in our system. Because they put him on the outside, when he was more comfortable playing MLB in a 3-4.

Finally got it together in his final season but he took the money else where.

John Abraham - I'm mad at that still! I knew he wouldn't come back after posting those kinds of numbers. Haven't had a consistent pass rusher since.

tired.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
lol James Farrior struggled in our system. Because they put him on the outside, when he was more comfortable playing MLB in a 3-4.

Finally got it together in his final season but he took the money else where.

John Abraham - I'm mad at that still! I knew he wouldn't come back after posting those kinds of numbers. Haven't had a consistent pass rusher since.
Idk why but I liked Farrior. He did struggle, but I believed in his flashes. Letting Abraham walk man...

mean.gif

Yeah losing John Abe hurt but Mangold has been a all pro since drafting him, and he plays hurt and doesn't complain

Mangold is the only consistent bright spot on the team
When we drafted D'Brick at #4 and Mangold later in the 1st rd, that was one of the smartest moves this franchise have done in the past 10 years.

Remember, I believe Mangold was chosen the year after Mawae moved on to the Titans. So that's a big replacement to fill.

I believe the Mangold pick was the pick we got from ATL for John Abraham. Jets wanted Schaub too, but they wouldn't budge

Mangold is the only consistent bright spot on the team
When we drafted D'Brick at #4 and Mangold later in the 1st rd, that was one of the smartest moves this franchise have done in the past 10 years.

Remember, I believe Mangold was chosen the year after Mawae moved on to the Titans. So that's a big replacement to fill.
Agreed
I believe the Mangold pick was the pick we got from ATL for John Abraham. Jets wanted Schaub too, but they wouldn't budge
I think so. Schaub..eh. If he was here he would have been written off. I think QB success is a direct reflection of the ideals of management. If you know what type of QB you have, you must learn to protect your QB, which in essence is the one you want as the face of your team. So we know what is on Woody's mind 
laugh.gif

Mangold is easily our best position player on the field. David Harris is probably second, and Mo Wilk is forming into his own.

I wonder if the Butt Fumble will be put to rest for a while...

View media item 582893
Butt Slide, Astros edition :lol:

Sanchez is going to have to do something great to get rid of that butt fumble. I almost forgot I met dude last year. I damn near told him F Tebow, he isn't gonna start. But I kept it respectable an encouraged him not to worry about being the starter 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom