2013 NFL Draft thread - ( Early Entrees, Mocks, Combine etc )

LSU prospect admits betting, taking games off

In his Combine media interview, LSU DE Sam Montgomery admitted to betting in college and taking games -- not plays -- games off when the Tigers faced lesser opponents.

Montgomery should know that telling the media things like this is not smart. At all. "Some weeks when we didn’t have to play the harder teams, there were some times when effort was not needed," Montgomery said. "But when we had the big boys coming in, the ‘Bamas or the South Carolinas, I grabbed close to those guys and went all out." Montgomery detailed "hundreds of dollars" in bets with teammate Barkevious Mingo, including one for $5,000 on which LSU defensive end will be drafted higher. We'd wager -- heavily -- that it won't be Montgomery. Draft insider Tony Pauline reported late Saturday that LSU's coaching staff has been "slamming" Montgomery to NFL teams.

Knile Davis with the close-grip bench press. 31 times. Not to mention a 4.37  
laugh.gif

eek.gif

In his Combine media interview, LSU DE Sam Montgomery admitted to betting in college and taking games -- not plays -- games off when the Tigers faced lesser opponents.

Montgomery should know that telling the media things like this is not smart. At all. "Some weeks when we didn’t have to play the harder teams, there were some times when effort was not needed," Montgomery said. "But when we had the big boys coming in, the ‘Bamas or the South Carolinas, I grabbed close to those guys and went all out." Montgomery detailed "hundreds of dollars" in bets with teammate Barkevious Mingo, including one for $5,000 on which LSU defensive end will be drafted higher. We'd wager -- heavily -- that it won't be Montgomery. Draft insider Tony Pauline reported late Saturday that LSU's coaching staff has been "slamming" Montgomery to NFL teams.
what an idiot.....and I don't blame LSU coaches for throwing this idiot under the bus even further 

im surprised  ej manuel threw as good as he did , made all the throws

a little flat but definitely impressed

geno smith still stands alone in this draft

I'm happy Geno is doing well so far he's not luck, rg3, or wilson but the slander has been ridiculous

Justin Hunter had an awesome combine and still wont go first round. he can thank all those drops.

I need the Rams to snatch up Christine Michael in the 2nd dround

Last edited:
Utah DT Star Lotulelei will not be working out at the Combine after a heart condition was discovered during his medical check.

Former Utah defensive lineman Star Lotulelei has a heart condition and will not work out at the NFL Combine, reports ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Lotulelei was all set to participate in the Combine drills, but an echocardiogram on Monday revealed the concerning heart issue. His left ventricle is pumping at only 44 percent efficiency, compared to the normal rate of 55-70 percent. He will return to Salt Lake City for further tests. His agent expects him to participate during Utah's Pro Day on March 20.

Lotulelei is considered one of the best DT prospects in this year's draft class. He finished his senior year at Utah with 42 tackles, 10 tackles for a loss, five sacks, three forced fumbles and four passes defensed.

It's unknown how serious his heart condition is, but it has to be a big concern to teams who were considering using a high draft pick on him. We'll keep you updated on his condition as more information becomes available.

i would advise everyone to ignore luke joeckel's 40 time , and all slander that will be

thrown his way this week on espn will be to kill time. i wasnt even gonna make a post

about it but ive already started seeing it on sites lmao

cant wait till everyone on espn pretends theyve been on the tavon bandwagon for years

what an idiot.....and I don't blame LSU coaches for throwing this idiot under the bus even further 
sure is a idiot and explains why the LSU staff has been blasting most of there guys this year

Christine Michael killed it today :pimp:

Damontre Moore only did 12 reps on bench :smh: :x

Last edited:
:rofl: I am watching Mike Tannenbaum compare Tavon Austin to Wes Welker....

No wonder the Jets roster looks like it does..He is clueless.

roll.gif
I am watching Mike Tannenbaum compare Tavon Austin to Wes Welker....

No wonder the Jets roster looks like it does..He is clueless.
reporters need to start calling dudes out

"how do they compare"

"well............"

aaron hernandez is more like tavon than wes , he actually gets carries out the backfield

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom