2013 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (85-77) OFFSEASON

:stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: !!!!!!!

harvey-hit-cano.gif

If ARod comes back and leads us to the playoffs, would all be forgiven in your minds Yankees fans?

If ARod comes back and leads us to the playoffs, would all be forgiven in your minds Yankees fans?

I'm still a fan of Alex. Last year was his first bad year as a Yankee and he still had top 10 numbers for a 3B.

Won MVP twice, big reason why we won in 09.

Andy killed us early in the game. He seems to make a big mistake and then calm down for the rest of the game. We have no ******g offense to pick him up once he settles down :smh:

Good win today against a rejuvenated Lackey.  Kuroda was in top form.

Chris Stewart's double play though.
eek.gif

i0iFx8X81isTt.gif

Cannon.

NEEDED that win.

Happy to see Mo get love and respect. Kuroda was solid up until the 7th. Good game by him. That double play by Chris :x and Lyle Overbay has been great all year.....he's the best bat we have right now behind Cano :lol:

31-1 when we score 5+ runs..

:frown:

Yes Injures are a big reason why we have 65 games at less than 5 runs (21-44), but it should be a lesson even despite injuries.. We will never be a good small ball team.. Yankee Stadium doesn't allow it.

Last edited:
CC seems to be on the decline and the bad part is we have him for 5 more seasons :smh:

His velocity is down but I think a contributor to that is him losing a lot of weight.. As weird as it sounds, an unhealthy CC is a much better pitcher :lol: He gets more power behind the ball, and less torque on his arm.

I think another part of the reason is that he went from 5.58 run support in 2011, 5.71 Run Support in 2012 to 3.71 in 2013 (That's T-73 in MLB.. Every year before this he's never been below 5th in MLB as a Yankee).. He was never below #5.. Forces him to cut back on risks, which any pitcher will tell you will lead to more mistakes..

Even Kuroda who is pitching great, isn't being reflected because he is getting 3.55 Run Support. C.C. could be much better this year, I agree.. But he has still been decent.. The offense is the killer to our pitching...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom