2013 New York Mets Season Thread

man...that play in the 11th by the giants shortstop, god damn it!!
anyone still up watching this game?

OMG!!!!!!!! DROPPING THAT POSEY FLYBALL!!!! :x

Last edited:
I fell asleep by the 11th, just caught highlights this morning.

Harvey said he's had a blister that has been bothering him the past two starts, but nothing serious.

To be 10 games under with a .500 road record is amazing considering the lineup we throw out there daily, good pitching helps too. Need to play better at home :x

I should of stayed up watching the game since I didn't make it to class anyway. I was gone after the 12th

West Coast trips :smh

Stupid to call Ike up so early when Satin has been a hitting machine, just get Ike away from the majors for a while.

Josh Satin is still a 28 year old player who hasn't made it to the majors having a good week or so, Mets still see Ike as someone who can get it together so he needs to get the reps here. Satin will still get some at bats here and gives us depth.

Ike had some very good at bats at Milwaukee....wouldn't mind a platoon depending on pitching matchup.

Good win, crazy how they've been a solid road team this year while subpar at home. Unlike last season where from July on they slumped, it seems like this team is making progress from time to time. Granted whenever I get a little excited they play a team like the marlins and get it handed to them and my expectations get sent back to reality

On a side note, whose all going to the derby next Monday. I know ima link up with cappo and Elijah dukes and one of my friends is coming too. If anyone else is going, lets all link up before the derby or hit up mcfaddens for a few rounds afterwards.

My worst fear is this being the reverse of the last 2 yrs. Where we were surprisingly good in the 1st half. Then just die in the 2nd half

My worst fear is this being the reverse of the last 2 yrs. Where we were surprisingly good in the 1st half. Then just die in the 2nd half

That would be a good thing imo. If it means wheeler shows progress, the young guys develop and they get it together as the season progresses. I doubt any of us expected much this season other then show some improvement, play hard and have something to look forward to in 2014.

The last few seasons especially 2010 and 2012, they started strong and it seemed like they gave up on the season by August. To see them still playing hard and improving by that time in the season would be refreshing to me.

i didn't have high hopes going into this season... the main issues i was focused on were development, having a future to look forward to, & them just showing effort. as long as those factors continue to happen, i personally wouldn't look down too much on this season.

i didn't have high hopes going into this season... the main issues i was focused on were development, having a future to look forward to, & them just showing effort. as long as those factors continue to happen, i personally wouldn't look down too much on this season.

This. That's all I've been asking for years from the Mets. You can tell when these guys play hard and it had been better since EYJ, hopefully Alderson pulls off a trade for a bat(like he stated) and the future would look better.

Last edited:
Sorry mez. Was my Internet going in and out at work. Video was hilarious. Surprised people don't recognize him though. Especially met fans.

Back
Top Bottom