2013 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: February 21

im not even a fan of rudy gay but what is memphis doing? keep him to the offseason and see what your team does in the playoffs

Somebody better check on Osh. Dude is really about to lose it.

Chin up bro. We all been there.

BHZ spin in 5,4,3,2.....................
nerd.gif

I have to wait and see who we officially get first. The trade isn't complete.

I already told you on Twitter mike. I like Ed Davis and the front office does too. But, I need to see if we get any picks and/or a 3rd team is involved.

Calderon is going to a third team - Dallas, Detroit, or a few others - in exchange for a SF.

I'm still baffled that Memphis would want to give up Rudy for Ed Davis and Tayshaun Prince/Vince ******g Carter. I understand all the tax ramifications for keeping Rudy, but they are a near-elite team - even if you replace him with a servicable SF and a decent role-player PF off the bench, who's to say the delicate chemistry would stay around? What if such a move shatters whatever balance? It's not just about numbers and such...

I saw Boston mentioned as Calderon's destination. Boston sure could use him, but I don't think they have what Memphis is searching for (a SF - and it won't be Paul Pierce or Jeff Green). Maybe Courtney Lee as a small SF?

Tayshaun is decent. But I just think Memphis is looking too much to replicate the Shane Battier thing with this move - "get an old vet SF who's known to play D and this team will upset the Spurs!"

Toronto Raptors

C -
Bargnani
Derozan
Gay
Lowry

not bad

Last edited:
Tayshaun Prince finally free from Detroit three years too late? That defense with Tony Allen and Tayshaun though....eeeeek.

Boston is in the Jose Calderon Sweepstakes because they'd be offering Paul Pierce!??

That would defeat the whole purpose of acquiring Jose Calderon.

Toronto Raptors

C -
Bargnani
Derozan
Gay
Lowry

not bad

Gay and Derozan are almost the same player from an overall standpoint. Having 2 of them is not going to work. The lineup is cool when you look position by position but it's gonna look ugly.

Marc Stein‏@ESPNSteinLine

ESPN sources say Pistons poised to send both Tayshaun Prince and Austin Daye to Grizzlies to acquire Jose Calderon as part of Rudy Gay deal

Back
Top Bottom