2013 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: February 21

I'm surprised Detroit wants another PG. Don't they have Will Bynum and Brandon Knight already?.. This trade seems pretty odd for all teams

Guarding Z-Bo or Gasol without a double team in the post is not an easy task.

Prince should be helpful for that squad though. Ed Davis was beasting with the Raptors before he got traded - wonder how much time he'll see. I heard he was crying when he heard the news.

Crying? :rofl: about what?

Daye & Davis could do some nice things in Memphis... Davis was putting in work the last 2 months in Toronto & if he finds consistent time in Memphis he'll be a good addition.

Curious to see how DeRozan & Rudy work out over in Toronto.

Just remember the Raps have a top 3 protected pick that they're giving to OKC :lol: Trade doesn't make much sense for the Grizz either

Last edited:
Leaving those Canadian women.

Playing meaningful basketball though >*
Leaving behind WeekendGirl
nerd.gif
what every happened to her? i dont see her in general anymore

babygirl got a twitter so i can be thristy with the rest of NT?
nerd.gif

Funny how most media experts are saying we won the deal or did well in the trade, but NT'ers are saying we are stupid. :rofl:

Anyways, remember you don't judge a trade until you start watching the team play and just wait on the results. It'll save everyone from looking dumb in the end. Saying the Grizz "were stupid" and saying "I don't think Memphis won the trade" are different. You look more idiotic in the long run if you end up being completely wrong from the first comment. :lol:

Grizz also got a $7.5M trade exception in the deal according to Grizz blogger. Altogether, the grizz have 5 exceptions. It'll be interesting to see if they can use that to get someone around the deadline.

Last edited:
I think Danny Ainge is probably is full of **** when he talks about what Red 'should' have done. One thing to be removed from the situation and say, yeah I'd blow it up if we didn't have a serious shot at a title. Another thing to actually be in that position - rebuilding is not any fun in the NBA.

Rose is healthy last year - they're out in Rnd 2. Or, Bosh is healthy last year - that's another 5 game series and he could have moved on. Instead they go to 7 and gets caught up in it and they dump 35 million a year over the next few to KG, Terry, Bass, Lee, and Green.

Maybe the Rondo injury sends him that way but all I hear now is 'we can still do this' - from fans and Doc (who before Sunday hated his team..?).

Immediately after the injury news I thought for sure KG and Paul were goners no matter what. Now, I'm not so sure. They stay if they play well the next 2 weeks, definitely.

Exactly what i'm saying, dude.

I just hope for the Grizzlies' sake that making a move of this magnitude doesn't disrupt what they are doing or what chemistry they established. Chemistry is a delicate thing (especially when you have Zach Randolph on your team)

You can argue what Tayshaun brings in place of Rudy, his style, and all the stats... but it could still affect the team play and in turn their chemistry.

Rudy was their leading scorer who touched the ball a lot. With that missing, simply the change in touches for Z-Bo and Gasol (who you assume are their primary offensive weapons now) might not work. Or it might work wonderfully.

It's just something I wouldn't have touched if my team was on the brink of elite contender status. IMO.

I'm so confused bu this. How does this help the grizz exactly
Prince, even at his age is a good all around player that can knock down threes on a much more reasonable contract than Gay. Davis is a productive young big man on a rookie contract. Daye has been shooting the ball well so far this season and is in the last year of his contract.

The trade gives the Grizzlies a ton of more flexibility on and off the court.

So let me get this straight, the Grizz get:

-Ed Davis who will be the 3rd string PF behind z-bo and D.A.
-Daye who will always be a backup 3
-And Prince who has little left in the tank.

And cap flexibility. But does this actually matter? Ask yourself, are the player(s) that the Grizz going to bring in via free agency better than Rudy Gay? I HIGHLY DOUBT IT!

dude actually didn't know his fav player got traded. :wow: Dude had to check the net and double confirmed by making a phonecall. :lol:

Last edited:
So let me get this straight, the Grizz get:

-Ed Davis who will be the 3rd string PF behind z-bo and D.A.
-Daye who will always be a backup 3
-And Prince who has little left in the tank.

And cap flexibility. But does this actually matter? Ask yourself, are the player(s) that the Grizz going to bring in via free agency better than Rudy Gay? I HIGHLY DOUBT IT!
Davis will be getting minutes with Gasol, Z-Bo and DA. Daye is worth a flier, and if he can't make the most of this opportunity the Grizzlies have Pondexter returning soon from injury. Prince is getting old, but is still a quality SF that can actually shoot threes and handle the ball without sacrificing defense.

If you value Tony Allen, well the money freed up from this trade allows the Grizzlies to comfortably re-sign him (if they choose to) without having to worry about the luxury tax next year.

And I never thought the Grizzlies were contending for a championship, so they just did it in a more cost effective manner with this trade.

honestly i get why the grizz did that trade. but I dont know why they just didn't let this year rockout and see what happened.

just like someone said up there, where in another market will they ever get another rudy gay.

i really thought in my mind that they were a championship contender. when they traded gay. I say it all blew up.

IMO i think they bugged out with this trade!

i liked the grizz also

Grizzlies moved the ball really well without Rudy two seasons ago because they didn't have a isolation player. The problem was lack of perimeter shooting. Battier was shooting the ball terribly, OJ was decent, Conley was decent. Outside of those 3, we had Tony Allen and Sam Young on the perimeter..

This season, the team can be constructed very similar, but with better outside shooting. Prince is shooting the ball better, Daye is shooting well (small sample size), Conley, Pondexter, Chris jOhnson (if they decide to keep him) and Bayless all can shoot the ball. The only non shooters are TA and Wroten. Grizz have more depth on the perimeter than they did two seasons ago.

I will take into fact that ZBO and Marc are going to have be beasts when counted upon once again. I do think they will now step their games up with Rudy gone, I'm not sure how much though. Arthur and Davis just adds more athleticism and shot blocking to our bench. I think we are very balanced. Memphis is also still looking to pick up Sasha Vujacic after a buyout in Turkey soon. That would be another shooter added.

So, the best defensive team in the West just got even better defensively. We have more shooting, length, but do lack a true go to guy on the perimeter down the stretch.

Back
Top Bottom