2013 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: February 21

If David Stern said CP3 couldn't come to the Lakers (yes, jimmies are still rustled) because of basketball reasons...

It would be such a hypocritical day if he allowed the Clippers to get Kevin Garnett for ERIC BLEDSOE and CARON BUTLER.

You gotta be KIDDING ME with that highway robbery of a deal.
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
Im still pissed about the CP3 deal but remember he was acting as the "owner" of the Hornets so he technically cannot veto any trade involving teams hes not 'owner" of.

I always thought Eric Bledsoe was underrated, wasnt he playing GREAT early in the season off the bench- but I heard he has been sucking lately?...havent followed anyone but Lakers for weeks.

With KG (maybe) off the market, does that make Emeka Okafor a hot commodity? Dude has been playing great basketball for the past couple of weeks. I could see him being moved to a contending team like the Clippers.

*Wizards tried to get Bledsoe last year in that Nick Young deal and they ended up with was Brian Cook :lol:

:lol: @ you LAL fans still mad at Stern. He was the owner, get over it. He can't go around vetoing other team's trades.

:rofl: @ that trade proposal, you cropped too much though. What's the +/- looking like for wins with each team? Bet LAL is like +25 :lol:

:lol: @ you LAL fans still mad at Stern. He was the owner, get over it. He can't go around vetoing other team's trades.

:rofl: @ that trade proposal, you cropped too much though. What's the +/- looking like for wins with each team? Bet LAL is like +25 :lol:

1. Yea I dont get why people dont understand that. People need to just let that one go. It was really a once in a lifetime kind of thing that just sorta happened. Sure you can be pissed about it because I would be too if it happened to my team. But to assume Stern can do that whenever he wants is stupid.

2. I actually just went and did it because I was curious as well. It was only +8. Although I would suspect it would be much more than that.

That trade was for a PRIME Chris Paul.

A trade for Garnett now is not a trade for 2004 Kevin Garnett, so they're not comparable. 

It's probably time to move on, yes, but it was still a shady non-deal regardless. Lakers should just stand pat though. I'm a big chemistry believer and they just have too much talent not to end up competing for a title this year. Howard needs to stay healthy though and they can figure it out from there.

With KG (maybe) off the market, does that make Emeka Okafor a hot commodity? Dude has been playing great basketball for the past couple of weeks. I could see him being moved to a contending team like the Clippers.

*Wizards tried to get Bledsoe last year in that Nick Young deal and they ended up with was Brian Cook
laugh.gif
his contract is horrible and he doesnt have the impact on a team KG would/does. and for the clippers he would clog the lane when KG wouldnt.

maybe in the offseason yall can move him but dont see it right now

It's probably time to move on, yes, but it was still a shady non-deal regardless. Lakers should just stand pat though. I'm a big chemistry believer and they just have too much talent not to end up competing for a title this year. Howard needs to stay healthy though and they can figure it out from there.
you clearly havent watched them play.

you clearly havent watched them play.

Where in my post do I demonstrate the way they play? They'll make the playoffs and have the talent to put together a run.

Asked Steve Kyler and he said its very unlikely they move him with everything going on with the team moving.

I want him in Memphis though.

View media item 252748
:smh: :lol:

Vanquisher of Evil (that's what his name translates to) played a great game last night.

:rofl:

It amazes me how poorly Memphis has drafted over the past few years (Thabeet, Carroll, Henry) yet they're still relevant and a contending team. The emergence of Conley & Gasol, plus the acquisitions of Allen and ZBo have outshined the bad moves, but that's definitely an example for poor drafting teams on how they can turn it around.

I don't understand how people can say CB and Bledsoe for KG is not a no-brainer for the Clippers.

@ESPNSteinLine Word is Bucks have been shopping Sam Dalembert thanks to emergence of Larry Sanders. Let's see if Sammy's 35 & 12 has impact on interest
@ESPNSteinLine Bucks' appetite to trade Dalembert, however, could likewise be impacted by Larry Sanders' injury last night. Might feel they need him again
Through his representatives, Garnett has let it be known he has no current interest in the Nuggets.

Don't be surprised, however, if Garnett is gone from Boston before the league's Feb. 21 trade deadline. And that's why the Nuggets must continue to monitor the situation.

The Celtics are in full damage control, shooting down the rumor of a proposed deal with the Los Angeles Clippers, with Doc Rivers going so far to label the trade talk as silly.

Now that's funny. Why?

There's no doubt Boston, whose playoff prospects have been dealt crippling blows by season-ending injuries to guard Rajon Rondo and forward Jared Sullinger, is listening to trade inquiries from around the NBA. The Nuggets have called. And they have enough young, reasonably priced talent to get the attention of Boston president of basketball operations Danny Ainge.

But discussions between Denver and Boston can go nowhere, unless Garnett shows interest in Colorado. At this point, there is none.
Link

Last edited:
I guess if I'm Denver I try that too, but it doesn't put them over the teams that they can't already beat come playoff time.

Last edited:
Here is the latest they are telling me: The San Antonio Spurs are the front-runners to land Al Jefferson in a trade with the Utah Jazz – and they are frontrunners like Secretariat was in the 1973 Belmont Stakes.

Here’s why, followed by a how.

“Those teams are practically incestuous, they are on such good terms internally,” one NBA source told me Wednesday.
Next: The Jazz need a point guard, and the Spurs have two of them not named Tony Parker. So you can expect Patty Mills (who Lindsey is familiar with and fond of) to be the preferable choice over Nando de Colo.

The Jazz also need some value coming back in this trade, and the Spurs have one last Eurostash asset in Erazem Lorbek, who has been profiled on this site by writer A.J. Mitnick.

Presumably they’d also ask for Tiago Splitter, because somebody would need to back up Kanter, and because Splitter is having an improved season in the year his contract expires – meaning Utah would not be taking on any long-term financial obligation.

San Antonio throws in Stephen Jackson for salary-matching purposes (almost an exact match), and voila. Captain Jack will love Salt Lake City, hunh?
Link

I'm skeptical.

Asked Steve Kyler and he said its very unlikely they move him with everything going on with the team moving.

I want him in Memphis though.

smh why would ANYBODY want evans.... mind boggling... this dude sometimes cant even make layups...

Last edited:
Milwaukee can use tyreke. Id trade monta for him no problem. You can have gooden too. Lol

wow i dont like monta ellis but if im the kings id do that in a heartbeat even without gooden...

you all just dont know how average tyreke is..

wow i dont like monta ellis but if im the kings id do that in a heartbeat even without gooden...

you all just dont know how average tyreke is..

But it's not like you really want Monta on that team either....

Back
Top Bottom