2013 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: February 21

^^^^
How would you know which teams I watch every night??? Y'all can't be acting this smart. I could be a Knick fan living in LA for all you know :lol:.

Dudes lets just stop, Pau is not getting traded for Love. Timberwolves could get a bunch of assets for K Love, wolves are going to try to do what the Nuggets did when they traded Melo, you know, actually get a bunch of good players. Wolves are no where near to being desperate. That BK/LA/MN would be the only one that could make sense right now.

Here's the problem... Kevin Love has that opt out clause.. And he has stated even to the TWolves, the team he's played for his whole career. That if we don't start winning, I'm out of here.

You can get him for a year, maybe two. But that's it if you are not winning.

So eliminate 15 teams out of it at the jump, who won't win and won't risk the luxury tax to get him. Just for a short term lease. Then eliminate about 5 or so teams that just don't have the need for a player like Kevin Love (yes they exist). Then eliminate a couple teams who just don't have 1 piece worth even looking at.

To say Pau for KLove is ridiculous is somewhat fair. To say it is impossible, is wrong. Not the best deal skill wise, but one of the better deals franchise wise.

And who does that 3 team trade make sense for? Everyone but the Lakers. Why would the Lakers consider trading Dwight? On your offset hope that Dwight might leave? It's of course a possibility because he could if he so chooses. But the chance Dwight leaves is less than the chance that Kahn deals Kevin Love for Pau.

Last edited:
BK isn't touching D12 at this point.

He's hurt and broken, dudes mentally soft, unless its a great deal in their favor, they are satisfied with Lopez, he's playing extremely well.

Ninny isn't trading love for pau, a soft player on the tail end of his career.

A healthy Rubio, Niko and Love is a very good foundation.

Lakers and their fans at this point are hoping for a bailout trade.

BK isn't touching D12 at this point.

Ninny isn't trading love for pau, a soft player on the tail end of his career.

A healthy Rubio, Niko and Love is a very good foundation.

Lakers and their fans at this point are hoping for a bailout trade.

It's called reseting... That's why it's possible..

You just saw the Grizz unload Rudy Guy and Speights for Luxury Tax concerns... Thunder unload Harden.. Hawks may unload Josh Smith.. the list will go on in the next 5 years of smaller market teams unloading players to spare themselves of the luxury tax (also why there will be a full season lockout in a few years because what was supposed to help small market teams actually killed them).

The reason they MAY do it 1. If Love continue to say he wants out 2. Rubio has on-court chemistry with Pau. 3. Pau fits the system. 4. And this is the most important, Pau only has 2013-14 left in his deal meaning that by trading Love they still try to make a playoff push all while sitting 1 year with his deal, and then have a huge amount of cap space to try and get a max player and start building again..

Last edited:
Forget resetting right now. That core has hardly even been on the court together in the past two years. And if Love does Minnesota dirty after this ***** *** can't stay healthy then forget him.

This year is already close to being another busted year, which means Love only has one more year to where the Wolves would have to turn it around. Definitely doable, but when one or both your top two players are out for and/or not at full health for 100% of the games, then that's a crap position for the organization to be in.

This team should have no problems being a 6-8 seed with Love, Rubio, and Pek healthy for a majority of the year.

Last edited:
So essential did you really just say that the Lakers have a better chance of getting Kevin Love for Pau Gasol than Dwight leaving the Lakers? I can't argue with someone whose not objective and realistic. Put down the Laker shades for one min and try to see things clearly. This is why regular objective dudes like myself seriously can't stand Laker fans sometimes except for PMatic (and I'm soon far from being a Laker hater).

The point I'm making dude is, the Lakers can get Kevin Love or a bunch of other good assets for Dwight Howard. But the Timberwolves can get just as good players and assets for Kevin Love. I'm convinced K Love will leave, no doubt, and I'm sure LA is the number one priority but that's not happening in a trade for Pau Gasol.

I'll say this also, the Lakers would be a much better team with Kevin Love instead of Dwight Howard right now.

You always like to bring that up to your Laker constituents and I'll reiterate, Never said Bynum and Dwight was an unfair trade, I said and I'll continue to say, Dwight didn't want to go LA, he never chose to go to the Lakers, and their were 3 other teams he rather have played for. So at the end of the day (in a superstar driven league), what logically made more sense?

It's not my fault the Magic took the weaker deal and never granted Dwight his wishes, but most importantly - it's not my fault that the Lakers gambled the future of their franchise on Dwight's emotions and indecisiveness to sign with a team he never wanted to play for.

So you want to let that go Noble? Or do you want to brush along the lines of illogicalness with most if your brethren and think that the Lakers are going to get Kevin Love for Pau Gasol?

dude im not saying they will trade pau for love because like anyone would suggest that would be an unfair trade seeing as how pau is old. however you yourself proclaimed to hate the lakers and you are always quick to point how delusional we as a fanbase are when we bring up any typeof trade. i just want you to be real with yourself and stop acting like you are unbiased.

you want us to talk about how the lakers gonna trade pau for the collins brothers or smush parker and bryant reeves. then it would be cool and we wouldnt be delusional... lol

Everyone is still missing the fact that Love has an opt out, and will tell teams that he won;t resign with them if hes traded to them.

It changes the dynamic of the entire deal and could force Minny to deal him to a team that may not the best POTENTIAL deal, but is the best realistic deal for all parties involved.

Everyone is still missing the fact that Love has an opt out, and will tell teams that he won;t resign with them if hes traded to them.
It changes the dynamic of the entire deal and could force Minny to deal him to a team that may not the best POTENTIAL deal, but is the best realistic deal for all parties involved.

I actually said that.

I actually said that.

I know you did, and it seemed like it was still being overlooked.

When is his opt-out?

Last edited:
bwahahahahaha thats like saying doo be doo and quik are objective son. you not fooling anyone.

Ask your counterparts if I'm not objective. Comparing me to DobeDoo or quik because I said Dwight Howard never wanted to go to LA or may not stay in LA?

Go get the evidence brotha, ask Essential or PMatic some of the biggest contributing to the LAL/NBA thread if I troll on the Lakers or beat them down, how multiple times we've debated on what the Lakers should do right and what they've done wrong. Ask them if I've ever hated, better yet ask them if I post Phil pics, or call Kobe overrated, or do any other nonsense Laker-Haters have done in this forum.

Did I say many laker fans are delusional? Hell yea, they can be just like Yankee fans and Knicks fans (Like I am) It's the trick of the trade, the gift and the curse but I try not to be like that.

You been here a long time Kane, but you're barking up the wrong tree son.

Last edited:
This is hilarious. I was thinking about what if the Raptors were able to acquire Pau and now they are interested in him.

Lowry, Rudy and Pau reunion :lol:

This is hilarious. I was thinking about what if the Raptors were able to acquire Pau and now they are interested in him.

Lowry, Rudy and Pau reunion :lol:

Doubtful... Lakers want nothing to do with Bargnani...

Last edited:

although it benefits big markets such as the lakers i think the league needs to find a way to stop this.

for pau for love to work , lakers would have to throw in another player like earl

clarke and eat someones contract

Last edited:
nba needs to be 28 teams , 14 and 14

and take out the cap so that lower market teams can get superstars 

Last edited:

although it benefits big markets such as the lakers i think the league needs to find a way to stop this.

Impossible.. Although I agree.

If they get rid of salary cap, less than 5 teams will have even 1% shot.. Unlike any sport only 20 or so players truly matter as franchise cornerstones. If there is no cap, likely that at least 15 will be on 4-5 teams in a couple years.

Keep salary cap, but get rid of luxury tax, big market teams will be at $100 mil with no damns given

But at the same time, the NBA can force players to be barred from discussing contract situations in public... BUT they could still be of the same frame of mind "If I'm traded to ______, I'm leaving at the first chance I get." But the team now will never know, and make that risk not seeing the disaster ahead.

Last edited:
@SeanDeveney Sources tell Sporting News that the #Clippers have contacted the #Celtics about Kevin Garnett. Offer would include Caron Butler and Beldsoe.
Well then.

Throw in a few losses, Lamar Odom (expiring) substitued for Butler and I could see something happening.

Edit:
Clippers are after Celtics' Kevin Garnett, sources tell Sporting News

Multiple sources tell Sporting News the Los Angeles Clippers are making a push to acquire center Kevin Garnett from the Boston Celtics. Team officials have been talking ahead of Sunday's game in Boston.

Interest in Garnett is seen as proof the Clippers believe they can be a championship contender in the NBA's Western Conference. Questions remain about whether the Celtics are ready to make a major step in rebuilding the franchise. Garnett has a no-trade clause in his contract, and would have to agree to waive it in order to make a deal happen.

Things have not been going well for the Clippers, but for that at least there is a handy excuse — the team has been knocked around by injuries.

Their most notable problem is in the backcourt. However, it appears the team believes that will be fixed when Chauncey Billups, Chris Paul and Jamal Crawford heal.

It is a need for strong frontcourt play that brings the Clippers' interest in Garnett.

The crux of an offer for Garnett, according to sources, would be based around second-year guard Eric Bledsoe and veteran wing Caron Butler.

Celtics officials have made no decisions about the future, even with rookie power forward Jared Sullinger (back surgery) joining point guard Rajon Rondo (knee) last week in seeing their seasons end.

The Celtics came into Sunday's game on a four-game winning streak and will wait until closer to the trade deadline to decide whether to keep this team together. The deadline is 3 p.m. ET Feb. 21.

For now, the Clippers wait on their injured guards. Billups is working his way back from a foot injury. There is no timetable for the return of star point guard Paul from a knee injury. Crawford, the team's sixth man, is wearing an industrial-strength facemask to protect his broken nose.

The Clippers are a battered bunch and losers of five of their previous seven games.

Coach Vinny Del Negro hopes to get Paul and Billups back during the team's eight-game trip, which runs through Feb. 11.

"Right now, it is all about winning games," Del Negro said. "We need to get guys back to win at a higher rate than we are right now, then we were used to at the beginning of the season. It's a long season; you have to manage it the right way. When we think we're getting everyone back, it seems like, so far this year, someone's been injured. You have to manage that. You have to take the highs and the lows."

But still, the Clippers are going for it. And why not? When healthy, they count themselves among NBA title contenders. That's saying something for a franchise that had long been considered not just among the NBA's worst, but in all of sports.

Considering, too, the struggles of the Los Angeles Lakers, the Clippers see this season as a chance to reach at least the Western Conference finals and in doing so to reorder the hoops hierarchy in L.A.

With that in mind, they're making a push to upgrade their lineup before the trade deadline.

If things fall apart in Boston and Celtics president Danny Ainge swings toward making deals designed to rebuild on the fly, trading Garnett would be a key.

Garnett will be a starter in the NBA All-Star Game in two weeks. He also turns 37 this year and has two years left on his contract, calling for $23.5 million in salary. Getting the third year of his bulky deal off the books (Butler has one year remaining after this one) and acquiring a young talent like Bledsoe is a solid way to start rebuilding. But the Celtics are not giving up on this season just yet.

Still, a willingness to take on a salary like Garnett's signals the Clippers' seriousness in seizing a championship opportunity.

Injuries have knocked the Clippers to third in the West, but the team is confident it can compete with the San Antonio Spurs and Oklahoma City Thunder in the playoffs — if it adds a veteran piece, particularly in the frontcourt.

Center DeAndre Jordan would like to be more involved in the Clippers' offense, but his limited scoring ability makes that difficult, and he is playing 24.2 minutes per game. Garnett would be an upgrade.

The Clippers are also face a critical summer, with Paul heading into free agency. They want Paul to stay long term and one sure way to persuade him to do so is to show him the team can win a championship sooner rather than later.

The opportunity to at least be in the mix is there, and because of that, the Clippers will be active between now and Feb. 21.
Link

Last edited:
I don't like this clipper celtic trade. Why get Bledsoe for a long term solution when rondo will be back. Crawford as back up PG? Nah can't work

Back
Top Bottom