2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

I still don't see how you can compare other sports/league who can control their destiny in winning a championship to a league who can't.

Maybe if a cfb team gets to the title game & loses that can be considered a failure of a season but otherwise I can't buy into it.

QFT

how can it be a failure season if you go undefeated and don't even get to play in the BCS championship game? It's not even in your hands. You have ZERO control over it.

Georgia fans still won't never know that feel tho.
pimp.gif
nthat.gif

laugh.gif

Oregon's recent success got the canes fans panties in a bunch. 
roll.gif

I still don't see how you can compare other sports/league who can control their destiny in winning a championship to a league who can't.

Maybe if a cfb team gets to the title game & loses that can be considered a failure of a season but otherwise I can't buy into it.

QFT

how can it be a failure season if you go undefeated and don't even get to play in the BCS championship game? It's not even in your hands. You have ZERO control over it.

Bull. ****.

You go 12-0 beating up nobodies, that's YOUR fault for scheduling nobodies. You go 11-1 against a brutal schedule, you shouldn't have lost that game. Blaming voters or polls or whoever else is just excuses.

If you win your games, AND schedule right, you will go to whatever game is the title game.

You guys act like 5 teams go undefeated every year and 3 teams get screwed. No. That ain't the case.

QFT

Bull. ****.

You go 12-0 beating up nobodies, that's YOUR fault for scheduling nobodies. You go 11-1 against a brutal schedule, you shouldn't have lost that game. Blaming voters or polls or whoever else is just excuses.

If you win your games, AND schedule right, you will go to whatever game is the title game.

You guys act like 5 teams go undefeated every year and 3 teams get screwed. No. That ain't the case.

say oregon alabama and miami go undefeated. oregon and alabama play for the NC, you call that a failure season?

say oregon alabama and miami go undefeated. oregon and alabama play for the NC, you call that a failure season?

Yep. Failure.

Shouldn't have sucked the last few years, shouldn't have gotten our selves in trouble with the crooked *** NCAA, and should have scheduled better.

We beat Florida at home, should have scheduled more games like that.

The year we played Ohio St, we faced Florida at the swamp, at Tennesse, Florida St, Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech at home. Florida, Tenn, and Florida St all non conference. :lol:

Face that same strength of schedule today, go undefeated, and we'd be in the title game.

A ton, an I mean a ton of you Saints' fans didn't come on the scene until the Payton X Brees era.
Considering you're in school, whether that be HS or college almost assures me you were not a "die-hard" fan of those scrubs around the dark dark years of the franchise, I'm talking Ditka... city about to lose the franchise era.
:rofl: You mad bro? I wasn't even putting the Cowboys down, I was putting the dumb fans that I know down. & I am in HS. Is it my fault I'm young?? I couldn't root for a team I wasn't around to see. :lol:

The majority of my life, I didn't even care about FOOTBALL, the sport as a whole, on any level. I was basketball all day. I started watching football (Saints only) CASUALLY in about '05, around the time Brees & Bush got there. I was still all about basketball up until 2 years ago. Now I hate basketball & football is life.

The Saints have been my team since I started to remotely care about football as a whole. I DO consider myself a die-hard fan now, because I've been a fan for half of my life, & before that i didn't even watch football. Can't speak for anyone else, but I feel like I have a legitmate reason for being a fan since the Brees/Payton era, not to mention I'm from Louisiana.

Been an LSU fan for a little bit less time than a Saints fan, only because I didn't care about cfb until later. My becoming a fan played out the same way as my becoming a Saints fan.

Quit reachin' son, nothing about my post hints at being mad.
I don't give a damn about your childhood timeline leading up to you becoming a fan of the Saints, I'm simply stating a fact that a lot of you NO fans who try and hate on the Cowboys today are as bandwagon as they come, same dudes who was reppin the Cowboys when NO was the laughing stock of the league... I remember.

As for this week, there's a legit game at every time slot :pimp:

Who's everybody takin' for that FSU X Clemson game?
I know NT's in love with Winston but FSU hasn't played anybody worth a quarter to date.

Dre, let me ask you, you've tasted it before, you swell your chest out about bein 11-1 and finishin 3rd in the country year after year, or are you pissed off and want that 12-0 Crystal Ball?

But Alabama has gotten to the BCS Championship the last several years beating nobodies...

They play the SEC man. Those aren't nobodies. I can't believe you Pac 10 guys actually think that.

Stanford just lost to ******g Utah, stop claiming your conference is some superior anything, **** happens.

Those schools you think are nobodies in the SEC do nothin but pump players into the NFL year after year, even the garbage schools. I would hardly call them nobodies. Even the mighty Ducks and their best players do nothin but warm the damn benches in the NFL. LaMichael, Maehl, Barner, etc.

*yes Chester, Kiko has been ballin, I know, congrats, you have 1 player goin nuts, good job, now look at the SEC players in the NFL, thank you, save your typing please*

:lol:

Quit ******g putting words in my post, tool. I never said **** about the Pac-10/12/2.

Alabama's schedule is a joke, has been a joke, and the same goes almost every top 25 team in the last several years. Playing 2 good to decent teams a year doesn't make a hard schedule.

Then what are you *****ing about? If (in your words of course) every top 25 school plays nobody, why are you singling out Bama? :lol:

You want it one way, and then the other. Pick one and stick with it please.

The 3 Titles in 4 years is not enough for you? The 50 Bama players entering the Draft the last couple years ain't enough for ya? What do you want from them? :lol:

2012 Bama beat Michigan, LSU, Georgia, and Notre Dame. They lost to A&M the week after a prize fight vs LSU. That's 5 nobodies they played.

2011 Bama beat Penn St, Akansas, At Florida, lost by 3 to LSU, then beat LSU soundly. 4 nobodies.

2010 Bama beat Penn St, Arkansas, Florida, lost at South Carolina, at LSU, beat Miss St, lost to Auburn, then beat Michigan St. Bunch of nobodies.

2009 Bama beat Virginia Tech, at Ole Miss, South Carolina, LSU, Florida, and Texas. More nobodies.

So now, you're going to go thru, say Michigan down, Arkansas sucks, etc sucks, so and so sucks, this game was nothing, refs gave them this game, etc etc etc.

That's fine, stick with that. Cool. Call me when you beat Boise St finally. Or Auburn, or LSU, or USC, Stanford, Ohio St, or any of the other solid programs you've faced the past few years and didn't walk out with an L. But yes, you beat Wisconsin and Kansas State, so those match Bama, I know.

You win, you guys are great, I'm stupid, please let everyone move on. I bow down to you Oregon fans and your rule of the college football landscape.

You have an unhealthy obsession with Oregon :lol:. Should one of us send an email to Puddles to give you a reach around next time?

Last edited:
Questions CP:

This year do you think Oregon will make it to the Natty?

If they make it, can they beat their SEC opponent, assuming it's a team from that conference?

Who, in your opinion, would have a better chance of winning the natty, if you don't believe that either Oregon or Bama will win?

Dre, let me ask you, you've tasted it before, you swell your chest out about bein 11-1 and finishin 3rd in the country year after year, or are you pissed off and want that 12-0 Crystal Ball?

Nope, but I would appreciate it for what it was esp on the heels of multiple 7 win seasons.

Last edited:

Nope, but I would appreciate it for what it was esp on the heels of multiple 7 win seasons.

thank you. a mentality of "championship or bust" is just irrational when your program hasn't won double digit games in a season since 2003.

last 3 seasons of
7-6
6-6
7-5

baby steps old man. baby steps.

Back
Top Bottom