2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evan Turner is pretty much useless. Not saying that's Indy's biggest problem but damn.

Think it's up there. He's killing them on defense. They gotta only have him in there offensively if that's possible :lol:

Turner is pretty much the same caliber as Granger, I just wonder if the locker room was upset because they got rid of Granger?

West is the vet, he should be ironing things out.

Granger was never this bad defensively. Sure, it was a low risk move. But it's turning out to be a big crutch for them.

Who would want to see this garbage Knicks team in the playoffs :lol: I don't know how anyone could think they'd win a game against anyone in the playoffs.

^i wouldnt say they expended energy. everything went right. their defense and even their offense were on point. all of a sudden news of strippergate broke and paul georges offense has dipped tremendously. lance was playing out of his mind and even was talked about as an all-star in the first half. they basically leveled off. their defense is still elite, but they need to find a way to score. george can not really on that 3 ball all the time.

PowerfulGlumAmericanblackvulture.gif

^i wouldnt say they expended energy. everything went right. their defense and even their offense were on point. all of a sudden news of strippergate broke and paul georges offense has dipped tremendously. lance was playing out of his mind and even was talked about as an all-star in the first half. they basically leveled off. their defense is still elite, but they need to find a way to score. george can not really on that 3 ball all the time.
They played with a quicker pace prior to the break, averaging quite a few more fastbreak points (4.2) & points off turnover, but I will agree that George and his offcourt issues are shadowing his game. Him falling in love with the 3 early in the season is biting him as his averages regress to the mean.

Lance went into straight chuck mode after the break. :rofl:

Is it safe to say that since 2010 the Heat have only faced two good legit offensive teams in Dallas and San Antonio?

Is it safe to say that since 2010 the Heat have only faced two good legit offensive teams in Dallas and San Antonio?
I'd counter with the question, how many other teams played as many higher ranked defensive efficient teams as Miami played?

Just last season, Miami went through #1, #3, #5 ranked teams in defensive efficiency to win the title. That's a tough stretch for a team that has struggled with their halfcourt offense throughout the playoffs.

Last edited:
Good point!

First, I didn't know that about OKC that year but that series to me I didn't think OKC could win b/c not only of Perk I thought they were trying to play Miami's game of small ball and Miami is clearly better at it. Plus the pieces after the big 3 are better.

But I only remember Dallas and San Antonio being good defensively and making Miami PAY at the other end. I had no faith in Boston really, Chicago was Rose or bust, and Indy with Roy just didn't have shooters and just way too many turnovers.

Watching last year Finals was like watching them Year 1 where you see the other team just making the right plays on that defensive of Miami.

I was just thinking who can really make them work on defense and to me that's SA with THAT offense. That's all.

Last edited:
Actually OKC is better than Miami at small ball. Problem was, they (Brooks) insisted on keeping 2 bigs in the game at all times for some unknown reason. Even in that series with Harden disappearing, OKC won the non Perkins minutes. The beatdown this January was even more prolific in the same regard, 110-80 OKC if you removed Perk's minutes. It's that substantial of a liability against that team.

How Kemba go 0 for 10 from 3 tonight though? :x

At some point, you gotta stop shooting it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom