2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look Laker fans mad because one sports commentator that no takes seriously doesn't like their team.

Gets these bummy *** son of ******* off National TV 393939 times a year and dude won't have to comment on them.

"Waits for response about how Lakers have been good for forever and always bounce back even though the one person that spearheaded all of this success died a year ago and the organization has been a supreme cluster**** since then"

not even about all that IMO. he just doesn't seem professional. he's doing a broadcast on national television like it's his own personal blog channel.

and no matter how hard he tries, he's not funny

But he's not a professional broadcaster or even pretending to be. He's Bill Simmons.

No one is mad at Charles Barkley for being Charles Barkley when he does a broadcast.. so I don't get annoyed when Bill Simmons acts exactly like Bill Simmons.

i guess i just don't like bill simmons. i don't find him funny. i like his written work, not so much hearing him talk.

Amare averaging 17/6 on 61% shooting on a season high 27 mpg in March.

He can still go :smokin

Much much better 2nd option than JR, though durability is an obvious concern

Knicks are 6-1 with him back in the starting lineup

Last edited:
But he's not a professional broadcaster or even pretending to be. He's Bill Simmons.

No one is mad at Charles Barkley for being Charles Barkley when he does a broadcast.. so I don't get annoyed when Bill Simmons acts exactly like Bill Simmons.

Except it's in Bill Simmons' DNA to be a homer (no shame) for one team. Sort of a questionable choice to have him broadcast for the hated rival. A lot of stuff he said comes off as smug/trolling for the fanbase (in a different way than Barkley talking **** to GS or somebody in the playoffs). Not that it bothers me, I love Bill Simmons, but it bothers me that ESPN would do that.

But it could be the Lakers' fault in the first place. If they weren't this atrocious then ESPN wouldn't need to pull stunts.

Last edited:
People call Paul George a superstar in here?
laugh.gif

You fools.
Never forget
Originally Posted by DMan14  

paul george's game reminds me of kobe bryant (when he still played defense)
to me, he is top 5. guess the rest of ya will put him in after he hoists that chip at the end of the yr

Last edited:
He referenced Boston getting Wiggins, Rondo, Bird as a PF, Russell, Dennis Johnson all during a non Celtic game.

Then suggested Kobe goin after his coach, scoring record, tanking, and the Buss family, but made sure to praise Robert Sacre and Ryan Kelly profusely.

Get the **** outta here ESPN. I rather hear Doug Collins find new ways to bring up MJ for 3 hours than that bull ****.

Paul Geroge is an elite two way player, he's just not an elite offensive player like people thought he was.

Who the hell ever thought that? :lol:

He is what he is. Superstar, no. No ******* way. Not even a "superstar talent." There is a level/cap he can reach, a pretty good one - but that will not be a superstar type level.

Paul Geroge is an elite two way player, he's just not an elite offensive player like people thought he was.

He is what he is. Superstar, no. No ******* way. Not even a "superstar talent." There is a level/cap he can reach, a pretty good one - but that will not be a superstar type level.

he's not a superstar talent? goodnight yall, be well.

"he is what he is" @ 23 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
Amare averaging 17/6 on 61% shooting on a season high 27 mpg in March.

He can still go :smokin

Much much better 2nd option than JR, though durability is an obvious concern

Knicks are 6-1 with him back in the starting lineup

Cant remember the last time Amare has played this well

idk what defines superstar. but the man attacks the basket better than most PG/SGs, is 6'9" handling the ball, is deadly behind the arc, and plays defense. dude has a high ceiling and he's not close to touching it yet.

only knock on him is that he doesn't have the best shot selection and can virtually disappear in some games. but then again, this is only his 4th year in the league.

Maybe our definitions of the word "superstar" are different. Maybe it's just that.

My expectations of a player to be described as a "superstar" are extremely high. That's me tho.

Yo...

Mind ******g blown right now at PG being 23. I was gonna say some stupid **** and went to double check...then I had the
eek.gif
face. IDK how that slipped past me. For whatever dumb *** reason, I've been thinking he's like 25. Maybe it's because the Pacers are a veteran team...wow.

The extremes on PG has turned into a yearly thing though. I care less about labels and rankings than y'all ******...but I will say that if he was more consistent with it there wouldn't be any question as to where his place in the game is.

The superstar debate is flawed from the get-go.

Everyone just ends up arguing in circles because one person defines a superstar as a top 3, 5, 10, etc. player.. while another defines it as someone who can be the face of your franchise, sell merchandise, get commercials, etc.... while others use the term interchangeably with "franchise player". To me, the "superstar" title only falls on a few, elite players on the court and that can be the face of the league and that your Mom who doesn't watch basketball would know. And that's just my definition :lol: so there's the basic problem.

Paul George is one of the league's best young players. He will likely continue to get better offensively, add that to his already great defense and there's not too many up and coming wings who would rank ahead of him. It was way too early to say he's an MVP or that he's coming for Durant's spot, or that he's about to takeover the league.

Last edited:
 To me, the "superstar" title only falls on a few, elite players on the court and that can be the face of the league and that your Mom who doesn't watch basketball would know. And that's just my definition
laugh.gif

That's what it is to me.

I'd say there were 3 give or take right now

Last edited:
The superstar debate is flawed from the get-go.

Everyone just ends up arguing in circles because one person defines a superstar as a top 3, 5, 10, etc. player.. while another defines it as someone who can be the face of your franchise, sell merchandise, get commercials, etc.... while others use the term interchangeably with "franchise player". To me, the "superstar" title only falls on a few, elite players on the court and that can be the face of the league and that your Mom who doesn't watch basketball would know. And that's just my definition :lol: so there's the basic problem.

Paul George is one of the league's best young players. He will likely continue to get better offensively, add that to his already great defense and there's not too many up and coming wings who would rank ahead of him. It was way too early to say he's an MVP or that he's coming for Durant's spot, or that he's about to takeover the league.

Very well said pops. I'll agree.

I tried :lol:

At least agree on a definition before you start arguing for 10 pages.

But the argument over a definition will last at least 5 pages so nevermind

only current superstars right now are kobe, lebron and KD
melo ? curry ? 
the term "star" refers to fame and popularity, so naturally a superstar would be the most popular stars the guys that everyone including non NBA fans know of

right now its only those three guys

kobe is not currently a top 10 player but he is a superstar

melo is currently a top 10 player but he is not a superstar

i would even consider KD a borderline superstar, and of course it has nothing to do with skill (but his skill will be what eventually turns him into a superstar)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom