2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell? Kobe was just as dominant dude. Teams had to figure out how to stop him from scoring yet he still put up his 40 and 50. If that's not dominant then i don't know what is.
I have a question... were Gilbert Arenas and Michael Redd dominant in the mid-2000's?

Dude pointed out the Lakers' record from 05-08, and the Bean Stans are saying he was "dominant" and the other 29 teams feared him.

So if we're not factoring in the team's record nor quantity of field goal attempts and shooting percentage, were Michael Redd and Gilbert Arenas dominant in the mid-2000's?

Couldn't make a jumper to save his life, yet he shot over 47% in his SECOND season (and every season beyond).

Meanwhile, Bean has never shot 47% in his 18 NBA seasons.

LeBron James' TENTH best shooting season is better than all 18 of Bean Bryant's shooting seasons, yet somehow LeBron would have had trouble putting the ball in the basket if he teamed with Shaq.

And that's without even bringing up the fact that a wing player's shooting percentage should increase when you have constantly had legit centers drawing triple/double teams throughout your career.

How do you have trouble shooting 47% when you had Shaq drawing triple teams and Bynum/Gasol/Howard drawing double teams?

And LeBron has shot under 47% only once (and as high as 56-57% twice) without EVER having a post player that draws double teams (unless you count the one season he had a washed-up Shaq).

I don't know what the hell is wrong with people that think LeBron James and Bean Bryant are in the same stratosphere when it comes to putting the ball in the basket in NBA basketball... it's not even close to being close.

"Young LeBron couldn't make a jumper to save his life" so he couldn't win 6 chips with Shaq, yet Bean Bryant is the biggest brick-layer in the history of the solar system and won 3 with Shaq.
Jumpers not layups and dunks kid 
laugh.gif
.  If you think LeBron is anywhere near the jump shooter that Kobe or MJ were you need your head checked.  His size and strength allow him to score in the paint better than MJ or Kobe that is all. He is nowhere the perimeter player Kobe and Mike are just like Kobe and MJ cannot score in the paint at as high a rate as he can consistently.

I have a question... were Gilbert Arenas and Michael Redd dominant in the mid-2000's?

Dude pointed out the Lakers' record from 05-08, and the Bean Stans are saying he was "dominant" and the other 29 teams feared him.

So if we're not factoring in the team's record nor quantity of field goal attempts and shooting percentage, were Michael Redd and Gilbert Arenas dominant in the mid-2000's?
Super idiot comment 
mean.gif

Being a bulls fan I know for ******* fact Carlos Boozer ain't producing **** with his defense. :smh:

Haha mines well give that ****** a sandwich to eat while he on defense

***** dont give no ****
straight up 0 effort lol

I get him though collecting checks
And chilling in miami it's cool

But that don't do **** for my squad
Smh

Last edited:

Jumpers not layups and dunks kid 
laugh.gif
.  If you think LeBron is anywhere near the jump shooter that Kobe or MJ were you need your head checked.  His size and strength allow him to score in the paint better than MJ or Kobe that is all. He is nowhere the perimeter player Kobe and Mike are just like Kobe and MJ cannot score in the paint at as high a rate as he can consistently.
I don't think you get it. The guy said LeBron couldn't win 6 rings with Shaq because a young LeBron couldn't shoot jumpers...

Why would it have been necessary for him to shoot jumpers if he had better ways to score the basketball?

I don't think you get it. The guy said LeBron couldn't win 6 rings with Shaq because a young LeBron couldn't shoot jumpers...

Why would it have been necessary for him to shoot jumpers if he had better ways to score the basketball?
Shaq clogs up the paint which would take away some of the spacing LeBron needs to get to the rim. He'd have to be more perimeter oriented with his scoring. Isn't that where jump shooting enters the equation?

Shaq clogs up the paint which would take away some of the spacing LeBron needs to get to the rim. He'd have to be more perimeter oriented with his scoring. Isn't that where jump shooting enters the equation?
I'm pretty sure that Phil Jackson would have figured something out.

Not necessarily tho. LeBron could drive to the lane and dump it off to Shaq .
And after doing that a few times the defense would have no choice but to stay with Shaq and let LeBron do work.
Its called the Shaq factor. Kobe had it. Wade had it.

But who cares about what ifs and coulda shouldas.

I stay FAR away from the weekly Kobe/MJ/LBJ talk but this needs to be addressed because I've seen it too much on here.

Anyone who watches Inside The NBA religiously and STILL maintains that Kobe "ran Shaq out" or deserves most/all of the blame is either out of their mind or emotionally unfit to take part in any serious discussion involving #24.

Never mind the stories and direct quotes from Shaq on numerous conflicts he was involved in during his time in the league. We have hours of footage of big homie in a loose environment as a retired player amongst his peers. It's about as relaxed and chill of a setting there is for professionals on TV yet his behavior constantly reminds you why he left on bad terms with half the teams he played for.

I love Shaq. Easily one of my favorite personalities in sports. But he is pound for pound the pettiest ***** on this planet and it's been that way forever.
I'm saying though. After I heard that PHX dinner table story I was convinced that this man is a 300 pound baby.

Story was hilarious though.

Last edited:
Lebron's mental ****** *** would've folded under pressure playing with shaq. No way in hell they win any rings.

I think with Brons numbers and career stats and the playoffs it's fair now to compare him to the greats not only that but if he 3peats this yr and wins his 4th next season as well what are y'all going to say then...Yea ima lakers fan but I'm also a realist when it comes to basketball as a fan. Bron is chasing history and these next few chips will solidify his legacy!

No one likes to mention that lebron has lost just as many finals as he's won huh?

Let him **** around and lose this finals...

Look's like I missed some great riveting discussion as we have come to expect form this thread on non game days. Perhaps my math is a little rusty but correct me if I'm wrong, Bean's 11th season in the league was 2006-2007, right? Which would mean he went to the Finals only 4 times in 11 years

The guy went to the Finals 7 times 4 times in 11 years, he averaged 30 a game with 5 boards and assists each and played elite defense (back then) and no one feared him, he ran nothing. :lol:

In a few years I expect to see LeBron's current run compared to TMac, or Bernard King or some ****. :lol:

5 in 11 > 4 in 11 :pimp:

No one likes to mention he's 29 and right in the middle of his career either. He has a great chance to win a chip for the next 6 years. Barring serious injury

Look's like I missed some great riveting discussion as we have come to expect form this thread on non game days. Perhaps my math is a little rusty but correct me if I'm wrong, Bean's 11th season in the league was 2006-2007, right? Which would mean he went to the Finals only 4 times in 11 years
5 in 11 > 4 in 11 :pimp:

3 rings in 11 years > 2 rings in 11 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom