2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agreed. There is no doubts that brooks get his teams a fair shaire of Ws in the regular season and playoffs. The doubts are whether not his team is under-achieving, falling up short and not playing their fullest potential because of his lack of in-game or bad adjustments, horrible rotations, coaching decisions, at times lack of an offense, putting his team in the best position to win, etc.

That's the thing though...how are they underachieving under brooks :lol: ?

2 finals in the last 3 years and it can be argued that the only reason why they didn't make it in 2013 was because of Russ. So how are they underachieving? Are they supposed to win it all every year?

And all those things you point to that people are critical of brooks about is essentially splitting hairs because at the end of the day, those horrible rotations, lack of an offense, etc. has them flirting with 60 wins and the NBA finals every year. Do you know how many teams out west can make that claim? Do you know how many coaches in the NBA right now can make that claim?

The man runs 0 plays for his team, when it gets close at the end of the game it's literally give Durant or Russ the rock 30 feet away and hope they make a miraculous shot (Something they do pretty often) we could say, Pop, Doc, Phil etc etc have great players but these guys draw up plays and make adjustments as soon as they see an advantage brooks does none of this.

It doesn't matter what plays they have or "don't have" because it's obviously working. Until they start to show signs of regression then maybe this would hold some merit.

bro did nothing but show me his age with that comment
laugh.gif
He damn sure did. Even watching youtube videos don't do justice to some players though, so I wouldn't even tell your boy to look at clips.

@ABC7 is reporting Sterling just sent a letter to the NBA agreeing to sell the Clippers
well damn what is it? First he agreed, then he challenged, and now he agreed again?
2 billi will do that to people
smokin.gif
I guess so. I would sell for that too.

Last edited:
“I think I said some things that shouldn’t have been said…” Stephenson said (about trash-talking Lebron). “Also Paul (George). We just gotta play basketball and stop worrying about all the other stuff.”
- Lance Stephenson

Come on man :rofl:

cleaning out my old stuff and found "the complete handbook of pro basketball 1994" :smokin
remember those use to be my go to source as a child before the internet

“I think I said some things that shouldn’t have been said…” Stephenson said (about trash-talking Lebron). “Also Paul (George). We just gotta play basketball and stop worrying about all the other stuff.”
- Lance Stephenson
Come on man
roll.gif
Paul George was so mad after game 4 when they were walking back to the locker room 
laugh.gif

It doesn't matter what plays they have or "don't have" because it's obviously working. Until they start to show signs of regression then maybe this would hold some merit.

It does matter because that lack of plays is going to show when it counts most, you can't rely on WB or Durant catching the ball out 30 ft against a coach who knows when to send double teams, and how to disrupt players timing along with having one of the better Defenders in the League who ISN"T gonna get called for a touch foul to close the game.

OKC has been winning these games on the backs of Westbrook & KD... MIA & spolestra aren't gonna sit their and watch as they get killed by the same isos over and over, Hell for that matter neither is pop, his issue is that he has nobody who can guard Russ while also keeping someone on KD.

That lacking ability to draw up plays or expose weaknesses in the defense is what makes the difference between a finals appearance & a finals win, and i'm not sure he's found it yet.

That's the thing though...how are they underachieving under brooks :lol: ?

2 finals in the last 3 years and it can be argued that the only reason why they didn't make it in 2013 was because of Russ. So how are they underachieving? Are they supposed to win it all every year?

And all those things you point to that people are critical of brooks about is essentially splitting hairs because at the end of the day, those horrible rotations, lack of an offense, etc. has them flirting with 60 wins and the NBA finals every year. Do you know how many teams out west can make that claim? Do you know how many coaches in the NBA right now can make that claim?

I don't get what is so hard to understand that theres a chance the Thunder could be much better with a different coach? I'm not saying this is a fact but how is it not a possibility in your eyes?

- Lance Stephenson

Come on man :rofl:
Paul George was so mad after game 4 when they were walking back to the locker room :lol:
steaming :lol:

yep, wish the mic wouldve picked up more. dude was saying something like "of course were gonna turnover the ball..." dude wasnt trying to hear it from someone

PG needs to shut the hell up; he's the major culprit of those turnovers, he still hasn't shown up at all this series. At least Lance has balled out 3 of the 4 games.

I don't get what is so hard to understand that theres a chance the Thunder could be much better with a different coach? I'm not saying this is a fact but how is it not a possibility in your eyes?

Bruh, to be "much better" with a different coach would be borderline saying that that coach would have to win it all year in and year out that's why.

It does matter because that lack of plays is going to show when it counts most, you can't rely on WB or Durant catching the ball out 30 ft against a coach who knows when to send double teams, and how to disrupt players timing along with having one of the better Defenders in the League who ISN"T gonna get called for a touch foul to close the game.

OKC has been winning these games on the backs of Westbrook & KD... MIA & spolestra aren't gonna sit their and watch as they get killed by the same isos over and over, Hell for that matter neither is pop, his issue is that he has nobody who can guard Russ while also keeping someone on KD.

That lacking ability to draw up plays or expose weaknesses in the defense is what makes the difference between a finals appearance & a finals win, and i'm not sure he's found it yet.

Aye man, even if everything that you said was valid...they are still perennial western conference finalist and if they win two more games, that'll be another finals appearance. Your criticisms of Brooks holds no real value because when it comes to evaluating coaching, it's wins and losses. There's no other metric that's used to tell you how good or bad a coach is.

Every great team rides the backs of their best players so I don't even know what you are saying there. Getting a team to the finals as a coach is rare, and if Brooks and co. make it again this year, (which I'm almost certain they will) that'll be an even more rare feat. To just sit there and assume that a better coach would make this team more successful would be like saying that that team would win it all year in and year out which isn't likely at all.

Why is it unlikely for them to win it year in and year out? 2nd best player in the league with a top point guard and an elite shot blocker? Mj and Pippen didn't win it all until they booted Doug Collins (who isn't even a bad coach) and got Phil Jackson. And then they did win year in and out. I hate playing the "what if" game but who knows how many or even if the Bulls win that many championships without Phil. Back to the "what if" game.. what if the Thunder make it to the WCF and Finals year in and out but never win it all? Is it okay because not every team can do that? At some point you have to get your team over the hump and Scotty Brooks hasn't.

- Lance Stephenson

Come on man
roll.gif
Paul George was so mad after game 4 when they were walking back to the locker room 
laugh.gif
steaming
laugh.gif
yep, wish the mic wouldve picked up more. dude was saying something like "of course were gonna turnover the ball..." dude wasnt trying to hear it from someone
I was waiting for him to turn and point to someone and say "aye man, you need to shut the **** up and play some defense." 
laugh.gif

Phil Jackson as great of a coach he is, got real lucky with his timing in my opinion. I feel like he got to all 3 situations just as those teams were getting ready to peak and come together. You got to lose before you make it to the promise land.

Phil Jackson as great of a coach he is, got real lucky with his timing in my opinion. I feel like he got to all 3 situations just as those teams were getting ready to peak and come together. You got to lose before you make it to the promise land.

Phil did have impeccable timing but was also one of the best coaches ever from a gameplan/rotation/intangible standpoint.

He was a leader of men combined with great basketball IQ, a lot of coaches are 1 or the other, some neither.

Last edited:
What do you mean? I'm guessing the  Pistons were invisible huh? 
laugh.gif

:smh: .  I don't think he understands how Barkley (listed at 6'6", but is actually 6'4" was sonning 6'10" dudes on the block on the regular).

i said "chuck would eat kg for a light snack LITERALLY"
[thread="593997"] [/thread]
:lol: . Honey nut cheerios status.

bro did nothing but show me his age with that comment :lol:

Don't get me wrong Chuck was a savage, but y'all are disrespecting the **** outta KG and it's not cool at all :smh:

What do you mean? I'm guessing the  Pistons were invisible huh? :lol:

Invisible? What are you talking about?

I personally feel Jordan would have still smoked the Pistons & Lakers without Phil in 91.

Last edited:
Y'all really going to compare MJ Scottie, and Phil..to KD, Russ, and some dream coach savior that will lead OKC to two 3 peats in a loaded west while Lebron James is playing?

Lmao

True. I mean the Bulls did lose in the ECF that first year Phill was there. But anyways just like the Bulls imagine if a better coach inherits this Thunder team right now as they have the league MVP and the supporting cast to build a dynasty. They have a very young core. This is a team that could win A LOT of championships in the future. I just do not really see that happening being led by Scott Brooks. I could be wrong this is just my opinion. At some point though you can't keep reaching Conference finals and NBA finals every year. You have to win it all.

Phil Jackson didn't get "lucky." There's something to be said about his teams before he go to them and what he did when he did get to them.

What do you mean? I'm guessing the  Pistons were invisible huh? 
laugh.gif
Invisible? What are you talking about?

I personally feel Jordan would have still smoked the Pistons & Lakers without Phil in 91.
You glossed over the fact that he was their coach since 89-90 season and they did in fact lose to Detroit before beating them the year after. They didn't win in Phil's first year as Bulls coach. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom