2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

Only 6000 Subaru BRZ Coupes Headed to U.S. for 2013

tumblr_m0r45gIrNw1rrysfyo1_400.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

Only 6000 Subaru BRZ Coupes Headed to U.S. for 2013, Pre-Orders Being Accepted

Driving purists of America, act fast: It seems just 6000 Subaru BRZ sports cars will be allocated to the U.S. for the 2013 model year. The specific number comes to us from a Subaru dealer; the automaker’s consumer web site merely states that the rear-drive-only BRZ will be built in “extremely limited quantities.

Only 6000 Subaru BRZ Coupes Headed to U.S. for 2013, Pre-Orders Being Accepted

Driving purists of America, act fast: It seems just 6000 Subaru BRZ sports cars will be allocated to the U.S. for the 2013 model year. The specific number comes to us from a Subaru dealer; the automaker’s consumer web site merely states that the rear-drive-only BRZ will be built in “extremely limited quantities.

May to November isn't really that much of a stretch. I still find it ridiculous that they won't announce the price even after taking deposits for pre-orders even if it is fully refundable. I mean just give us the price for gods sake.

May to November isn't really that much of a stretch. I still find it ridiculous that they won't announce the price even after taking deposits for pre-orders even if it is fully refundable. I mean just give us the price for gods sake.

I saw the BRZ Subaru ver. on the street
eek.gif
[well, parked in Georgetown] and thot I was seeing things n had to walk back a few blocks and be a stalker n take pix....had to have been a "sample" car bc its the only one I've seen on the streets...anyway...here's the pix [as a sidenote: my boy works for Toyota and swore up n down I was crazy and did not see it in real life until I sent him the pix]....it's a beaut!
pimp.gif

I saw the BRZ Subaru ver. on the street
eek.gif
[well, parked in Georgetown] and thot I was seeing things n had to walk back a few blocks and be a stalker n take pix....had to have been a "sample" car bc its the only one I've seen on the streets...anyway...here's the pix [as a sidenote: my boy works for Toyota and swore up n down I was crazy and did not see it in real life until I sent him the pix]....it's a beaut!
pimp.gif

Looks real good in white. Is that a typical Illinois plate? Or does the color mean something, that's it's a test car or something?

Looks real good in white. Is that a typical Illinois plate? Or does the color mean something, that's it's a test car or something?

Is there a side by side comparison chart yet between the FRS and BRZ?  I was gonna wait for this car to actually come out before decided on whether to get one of these or a 370Z, but Nissan just hooked me in earlier today when I found out about their 0% for 60 months deal
pimp.gif

Is there a side by side comparison chart yet between the FRS and BRZ?  I was gonna wait for this car to actually come out before decided on whether to get one of these or a 370Z, but Nissan just hooked me in earlier today when I found out about their 0% for 60 months deal
pimp.gif

Subaru targets 100,000-unit goal for BRZ, Toyota GT 86 and Scion FR-S production

It looks as though Subaru will be producing considerably more BRZ, Toyota GT 86 and Scion FR-S units than previously thought. According to FT86club.com, Yasayuki Yoshinaga, president of Fuji Heavy Industries, has announced that his company will produce 100,000 units per year at the Subaru plant in Ota City, Japan. (That figure accounts for every iteration of the sports coupe.)

So far, Toyota has seen around 7,000 orders for the GT 86, while Subaru fans have raised hands for 2,500 units. Those numbers are seven and 5.6 times more than each company's monthly sales goals, respectively.

Last we heard, Subaru was only planning to sell 6,000 BRZ units in the States in the first year. With the new production figures, it remains to be seen if the company plans to alter that figure to satiate the apparent demand. While some of the pre-order buzz will certainly die down after the vehicle has been around for a few months, we'd like to hope that sales will remain strong.

Subaru targets 100,000-unit goal for BRZ, Toyota GT 86 and Scion FR-S production

It looks as though Subaru will be producing considerably more BRZ, Toyota GT 86 and Scion FR-S units than previously thought. According to FT86club.com, Yasayuki Yoshinaga, president of Fuji Heavy Industries, has announced that his company will produce 100,000 units per year at the Subaru plant in Ota City, Japan. (That figure accounts for every iteration of the sports coupe.)

So far, Toyota has seen around 7,000 orders for the GT 86, while Subaru fans have raised hands for 2,500 units. Those numbers are seven and 5.6 times more than each company's monthly sales goals, respectively.

Last we heard, Subaru was only planning to sell 6,000 BRZ units in the States in the first year. With the new production figures, it remains to be seen if the company plans to alter that figure to satiate the apparent demand. While some of the pre-order buzz will certainly die down after the vehicle has been around for a few months, we'd like to hope that sales will remain strong.

Subaru BRZ, Scion FR-S fuel economy numbers bubble up on EPA site

Small, rear-wheel drive, manually shifted coupes can be exciting, no? Fun and zippy to drive, and because of their tighter dimensions and lower weight, they tend to be easy on the gas, right?

Well, in the case of the Subaru BRZ and the Scion FR-S, maybe not as much as we'd have hoped. Sure, they have smallish 2.0-liter four-cylinders and six-speed manual transmissions, but their hunger for gasoline is just average. Official EPA fuel efficiency numbers are in, and the BRZ and FR-S with manual transmissions net 22 miles per gallon city and 30 highway on premium fuel. Still, that's about the same as the 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe with the four-cylinder and manual ****** which gets 21/30 on premium, and it's better than the aging Mazda MX-5 Miata which returns 21/28.

The BRZ and FR-S chug less fuel if you outfit them with the optional automatic transmission. They probably won't be as much fun, but they will return numbers close to 25 city/34 highway.

Small, rear-wheel drive, manually shifted coupes can be exciting, no? Fun and zippy to drive, and because of their tighter dimensions and lower weight, they tend to be easy on the gas, right?

Well, in the case of the Subaru BRZ and the Scion FR-S, maybe not as much as we'd have hoped. Sure, they have smallish 2.0-liter four-cylinders and six-speed manual transmissions, but their hunger for gasoline is just average. Official EPA fuel efficiency numbers are in, and the BRZ and FR-S with manual transmissions net 22 miles per gallon city and 30 highway on premium fuel. Still, that's about the same as the 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe with the four-cylinder and manual ****** which gets 21/30 on premium, and it's better than the aging Mazda MX-5 Miata which returns 21/28.

The BRZ and FR-S chug less fuel if you outfit them with the optional automatic transmission. They probably won't be as much fun, but they will return numbers close to 25 city/34 highway.

i wonder how long until there's a hybrid version... i mean that was why Subaru signed up for this entire car isn't it?, to gain hybrid tech from Toyota... and I'm talking performance hybrid...

i wonder how long until there's a hybrid version... i mean that was why Subaru signed up for this entire car isn't it?, to gain hybrid tech from Toyota... and I'm talking performance hybrid...

Back
Top Bottom