2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Supra and 300ZX are timeless cars; they could be released today and fit in

The taillights on the 300ZX looks really old and usually when the headlights or taillights look old, the whole car does too. That's why the Supra doesn't look dated, the headlight that looks like projectors and the taillights still looks good today, like something you'll see on a more expensive car too. Still an awesome car though, if they can release a more updated look w/o making too ricey, the car might not look like an 80's car.
if you upgrade to the 99/00 front bumper, tails, and projector headlines it looks current
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3344038/1996-nissan-300zx 

The front doesn't look that dated even w.o an update but the rear, even the one in that pic, still looks dated. Just the whole taillights covering the whole back just feels so 80's. Maybe it's just me but it looks so old to me.

The front doesn't look that dated even w.o an update but the rear, even the one in that pic, still looks dated. Just the whole taillights covering the whole back just feels so 80's. Maybe it's just me but it looks so old to me.

^

I agree with what you said about the Supra tail lights. Headlights though? Not a chance. Company would never release a car with headlights shaped like that nowadays. Its all angular headlights and such now.

^

I agree with what you said about the Supra tail lights. Headlights though? Not a chance. Company would never release a car with headlights shaped like that nowadays. Its all angular headlights and such now.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

You said it looked like an early 2000 car and that it doesn't look like a 2012 model, as if there was a better alternative for the price range. Show me a better alternative.

No one was talking about price or anything of that sort.
laugh.gif

Thats an entirely different discussion.

You said it looked like an early 2000 car and that it doesn't look like a 2012 model, as if there was a better alternative for the price range. Show me a better alternative.

No one was talking about price or anything of that sort.
laugh.gif

Thats an entirely different discussion.

^
Headlights though? Not a chance. Company would never release a car with headlights shaped like that nowadays. Its all angular headlights and such now.

Good point about the headlight shape, but the projector-esque lights inside just seems so ahead of its time that it can be easily mistaken from a car today. Most current Audi headlights are still shaped like that though, just a bit squared off and with LEDs. I think putting a well integrated LEDs inside the Supra headlight will make it look like a 21st century lights. 

^
Headlights though? Not a chance. Company would never release a car with headlights shaped like that nowadays. Its all angular headlights and such now.

Good point about the headlight shape, but the projector-esque lights inside just seems so ahead of its time that it can be easily mistaken from a car today. Most current Audi headlights are still shaped like that though, just a bit squared off and with LEDs. I think putting a well integrated LEDs inside the Supra headlight will make it look like a 21st century lights. 

is there still no actual release and price point yet?

Release is on May of this year for sure. Price on the BRZ has been speculated at $24k base and $27k premium. Source is from Motor Trends Editor in Chief and it was reported in December so I am not sure if it is still valid because not many are using it as a solid source. But it is probably safe to assume price will be around that.

is there still no actual release and price point yet?

Release is on May of this year for sure. Price on the BRZ has been speculated at $24k base and $27k premium. Source is from Motor Trends Editor in Chief and it was reported in December so I am not sure if it is still valid because not many are using it as a solid source. But it is probably safe to assume price will be around that.

good looks

I am interested in the BRZ premium but I fear they release an STi version if I buy the regular model

good looks

I am interested in the BRZ premium but I fear they release an STi version if I buy the regular model

I think the STI will only have a body kit and no engine/suspension upgrade. I could be wrong but it seems like they're staying with the current boxer engine for a while w/o any upgrades. I think some already said they won't make one with a turbo either. They might just be throwing people off though.

From Car&Drivers first drive review, they estimated a 6 second 0-60 and 19/27mpg. Nothing official yet on those number so take it with a grain of salt.

I think the STI will only have a body kit and no engine/suspension upgrade. I could be wrong but it seems like they're staying with the current boxer engine for a while w/o any upgrades. I think some already said they won't make one with a turbo either. They might just be throwing people off though.

From Car&Drivers first drive review, they estimated a 6 second 0-60 and 19/27mpg. Nothing official yet on those number so take it with a grain of salt.

hmm I will have to test drive for sure; I don't know if I can leave a 370Z for a BRZ unless it blows me away 

hmm I will have to test drive for sure; I don't know if I can leave a 370Z for a BRZ unless it blows me away 

I'd say keep the Z. If you didnt have the Z and were deciding on either one to bring home, then you'd have some serious thinking to do.

I'd say keep the Z. If you didnt have the Z and were deciding on either one to bring home, then you'd have some serious thinking to do.

yeah in all likelihood I will keep the Z but I've been checking this car since it was the next Supra so I figure I'll at least check one out.

yeah in all likelihood I will keep the Z but I've been checking this car since it was the next Supra so I figure I'll at least check one out.

430672_10150678558840809_125281815808_11225860_454644833_n.jpg

Nothing to do with the production car, but this shop is putting da IS-F V8 in the 86.
419860_10150672562775809_125281815808_11203689_20986531_n.jpg

430672_10150678558840809_125281815808_11225860_454644833_n.jpg

Nothing to do with the production car, but this shop is putting da IS-F V8 in the 86.
419860_10150672562775809_125281815808_11203689_20986531_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom