2012 Summer Olympics Thread: London July 27 - August 12

Believe it or not, NBC is seeing record ratings so far.  The tape delayed opening ceremony that everybody complained about was the most watched ever for US viewers, even beating out Atlanta.  Prime time ratings for last night were up as well.  They're laughing all the way to the bank.
This isn't news. No one has doubted that would happen at all and its been said that the delays were calculated to capitalize on prime time ratings. What people are saying is that they can do a break similar to the other networks when anticipated events take place. You shouldn't have to watch said event online to see it in real time. That's where they dropped the ball.

The Olympics aren't about sports and they aren't aimed at sports fans. They are about the human interest stories and personalities and as USA Today wrote, its one big reality show. If you want your sports, you can find them, but for women who typically enjoy the stories surrounding the Olympics, they are driving the ratings up as demonstrated by the overall demographics. Its the reason NBC is airing gymnastics during primetime. NBC knows what they are doing even though the coverage has left a lot to be desired.

Last edited:
NBCs coverage has been a joke... every 4 years theres way mor sports fans and way more tv sets... ratings will rise every olympics

Anyway senegal is really quite good at futbol... embarassing uraguay really

Senegal is very good, and to think Newcastle didn't let Cisse play either. Probably their top ST

just heard it mentioned that lochte will get to swim the 4 x100 free relay in the final..

completely forgot his coach (greg troy)  is the head coach for the US men (was my high school coach at bolles my freshman year there).. so he'll probably get to swim all 3 relays

not sure that's a good idea for the US in the 4x 100 free relay with how strong Australian team is (hell even the french team).. you gotta go with your 4 fastest guys.. lochte is definitely one of the fastest US guys, but i'm not sure he's one of their 4 fastest guys in the 100 free

also on a side note, sucks for phelps that the 2 events that he was unlikely to win are the first 2 events he has at this olympics (400 IM and 4 x 100 free relay)

Last edited:
i'm watching rowing and i can't help but feel like the chick in the front screaming ROW ! is the most useless person on the team :lol:

do they really need her, dont they know they have to row as fast as possible .... unbelievable :lol:

Vollmer with a world record 55.98 in womens 100m butterfly... This swimming is off to a good start today. Lucky im on a business trip out of America and get to watch this live. NBC doing yall dirty :smh:

Last edited:
i'm watching rowing and i can't help but feel like the chick in the front screaming ROW ! is the most useless person on the team :lol:
do they really need her, dont they know they have to row as fast as possible .... unbelievable :lol:

It's about unison and rhythm. the people can't see where they are going and they cannot be out of sync.

also, with grevers splitting 47.62 in the heats of the relay i don't understand how troy is leaving him off of the final team

phelps has the fastest time of any american in the 100 free this year and that's unshaven

adrian and jones are the 2 guys swimming the event for the americans

It's about unison and rhythm. the people can't see where they are going and they cannot be out of sync.

yeah my wife just broke it down the same way to me , guess i see it .

this water polo has to be the most tiring sport ever , im tired watching it .....

OSN sports 1 HD... I meant he's gonna take it when they DO swim. They just finished semi-finals.

Last edited:
I can't believe how garbage the Olympics coverage has been for the folks on the west coast smh.... None of this **** is live!!!

Not to mention putting Basketball on NBC Sports network when carriers like Time Warner don't even get the channel unless you have a cable box with premium plan

:x :smh:

NBC are a joke. I heard they cut out the tribute for the 7/7 victims in the opening ceremony?

You guys just need to watch the BBC streams. We have 25 channels of dedicated coverage.
Did you read about their excuse/statement? Something about wanting to tailor the opening to US audiences. 
indifferent.gif

grevers making it look easy in the 100 back semi..

i really think troy is going regret not putting him on the final 4 x100 free team (again, he went 47.62 in the heats)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom