2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Not Really..my bench is:

Donald Brown

Green Ellis

Steven Ridley

Issac Redman

Pierre Garcon

Sidney Rice

Not really worth dropping anyone to hold two TE's..

Not Really..my bench is:
Donald Brown
Green Ellis
Steven Ridley
Issac Redman
Pierre Garcon
Sidney Rice

Not really worth dropping anyone to hold two TE's..
Agreed, not at all. Well, watch Fleener for the first two weeks. If he doesn't get targeted much, drop immediately for Week 3 to get Cook.

What ya think about Reggie bush this year
Fringe RB2. Better RB3 or Flex.

is it time to pick up Ogletree?
Flag and track. Potentially worth a bench spot. Don't like to add a player based on one single performance (week), because he could put up a doughnut next week.

Fact is Dez and Miles create space and it seems like Garrett is abandoning the run, at least in today's opener. Ogletree is money on the quick slant. Two TDs a major bonus.

I have 49ers defense and Aaron Rodgers..Should I sit rodgers and start Phillip Rivers against Oakland?

And Maurice Jones Drew is going to be a 3rd down back for JAX on sunday, should I sit him and start Roy Helu or Ryan Mathews? Helu is listed as the 2nd RB on washingtons depth chart and ryan mathews is coming off an injury but will start. Someone help me out, its my first ever fantasy league

Last edited:
I have 49ers defense and Aaron Rodgers..Should I sit rodgers and start Phillip Rivers against Oakland?
And Maurice Jones Drew is going to be a 3rd round back for JAX on sunday, should I sit him and start Roy Helu or Ryan Mathews? Helu is listed as the 2nd RB on washingtons depth chart and ryan mathews is coming off an injury but will start. Someone help me out, its my first ever fantasy league
Aaron Rodgers is a must-start every week regardless of match-up. SF is the only team he might struggle against. GB's system is meant for Rodgers to succeed and post video game numbers.

Matthews probably won't end up playing. I'd go MJD or Helu. Maybe Helu slightly over MJD, only in Week 1.

And Maurice Jones Drew is going to be a 3rd round back for JAX on sunday, should I sit him and start Roy Helu or Ryan Mathews? Helu is listed as the 2nd RB on washingtons depth chart and ryan mathews is coming off an injury but will start. Someone help me out, its my first ever fantasy league

no start Rodgers. 49ers pass defense isn't that great

I've got the first waiver claim in my league and I'm stuck figuring out if I should pick up Ogletree now or wait. He's going to definitely be gone (in a 14 team league), but I have a greater need at RB. Decisions, decisions.

I've got the first waiver claim in my league and I'm stuck figuring out if I should pick up Ogletree now or wait. He's going to definitely be gone (in a 14 team league), but I have a greater need at RB. Decisions, decisions.
Yes, use it in a 14-team league. Too much instant value to pass up. Could trade him as an asset if he continues to produce.

Any good RBs available for your waiver priority?

Versing my boy this week. Keeps telling me Wes Welker and Fred Jackson are done...thoughts please
Why would you listen?

Fred Jackson is in his prime for a RB. Had a breakout year with Fitzpatrick last season. Relatively limited wear and tear on his body.

Welker may not post 100+ receptions, but anywhere close to 100 is still elite for the league. Racks up yards on dump passes, check downs, screens. Lloyd forces defenses to honor another legitimate receiver.

Yes, use it in a 14-team league. Too much instant value to pass up. Could trade him as an asset if he continues to produce.

Any good RBs available for your waiver priority?

Top three are Ronnie Hillman, Isaiah Pead and James Starks. I was hoping a sleeper RB would make himself noticed soon but that's probably too much wishful thinking.

^Your boy should put a sock in it. Fred is the engine that runs that Bills offense, plus his time in the CFL means he's had less NFL wear and tear on his body than your average 31 year old RB. And Wes Welker's game is based on precise routes and perfect chemistry with Tom Brady, far more than speed and athleticism. Meaning that Wes will continue to produce at a high level as long as he wears a Patriot jersey.

Top three are Ronnie Hillman, Isaiah Pead and James Starks. I was hoping a sleeper RB would make himself noticed soon but that's probably too much wishful thinking.
Hmm, Pead and Starks mostly handcuffs. But Hillman is the intriguing option. He supposedly looked good in all preseason camps and practices. Could really push McGahee.

I'd use the #1 priority on Ogletree or Hillman for sure.

And he may be able to wait on Hillman and snag him as a free agent. Ronnie would have to ball out this weekend to grab somebody's immediate attention.

And he may be able to wait on Hillman and snag him as a free agent. Ronnie would have to ball out this weekend to grab somebody's immediate attention.
Don't see that happening against Pittsburgh's D.

Hillman's value probably highest mid-season. It will take time for him to replace McGahee after Willis' numbers last year.

^Agreed, so his best move at this point is Ogletree imo. McGahee is a very talented runner and spent 2 or 3 years as Ray Rice's backup in Baltimore so I don't think he's done yet.

^Agreed, so his best move at this point is Ogletree imo. McGahee is a very talented runner and spent 2 or 3 years as Ray Rice's backup in Baltimore so I don't think he's done yet.
Fair enough. I'm with you on that line of thinking.

Miles saved himself from whoever started him, lots of owners. Late fourth-quarter TD.

Thanks for the advice AG and Champ. My thinking was the same as AG's, pick up Ogletree now and wait for Hillman. Going to be dropping Shane Vereen (lol) and deciding between losing Brandon Jacobs or Rod Streater for the other spot. Streater is going to be a starter in Oakland, he's been doing too well and the only consistent receiver Carson has so far. Jacobs is hurt now but he'll be the big back they use for goal line situations.

^Seriously, his injury history alone keeps me from drafting him. Although, I suppose if you can play him as your WR2, he should be fine.

Cruz on the other hand.....

Just saw your post. I wouldn't drop Shane just yet for Ogletree or Hillman. I'm not even sure anyone can say definitively what you have in him at the moment. I could be wrong, but I don't see anyone making a move for Hillman in the next week or two. I'd drop Jacobs for sure. Even with a clean bill of health, I'm not sure he gets the backup role behind Gore. Kendall Hunter is very talented and appears to be next in line imo. Streater has developed good chemistry with Carson and should continue to see targets even if Moore starts. Maybe I'm bias as a Raider fan, but I'd hang onto him.

Last edited:
I know I should, but I won't. I carried him all the way to 2nd place last year (he even started 1 week for me 
laugh.gif
).

Dude is one of my favorite football players ever and I'm gonna pick him up until I can't anymore.
I can actually respect that. T.O. is one of my favorite players of all-time as well. Sad to see him dealing with those audacious and exorbitant child support payments. I believe to four different women. I always liked that white chick he was seriously dating. Keri, was it?
Yea, it's extremely sad. Keri was good for him, she kinda kept him in check. Hopefully somebody picks him up by the end of the season so he can go out on a good note. 

Back
Top Bottom