2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Bills D also killed me today, Who should I pick up from the following D:
Jets
Cardinals
Benglas
Broncos
Jaguars

How small is your league that you have that many quality Def/ST there for the pickings? I mean I'd choose either the Bengals or the Jets. I'd take the Jets just because I'm a Jets fan and well, that defense is much improved over the last few years as long as it stays healthy. Having hard hitting safeties should make everyone's life easier there.

Jets
Cardinals
Benglas
Broncos
Jaguars

How small is your league that you have that many quality Def/ST there for the pickings? I mean I'd choose either the Bengals or the Jets. I'd take the Jets just because I'm a Jets fan and well, that defense is much improved over the last few years as long as it stays healthy. Having hard hitting safeties should make everyone's life easier there.

We have a 12 team league and those were some of the quality ones available, I think i'll probably go with the Jets or Bengals (Cinci plays my Browns and we can't score on anybody)

played Chris Johnson, and Jamal Charles instead of Sproles, and Spiller (lol).. needless to say I lost in the NT Dynasty League

You guys should've left the Minnesota situation completely alone. I don't blame those that didn't start AP and to those that started Gerhart...:smh:

Jets
Cardinals
Benglas
Broncos
Jaguars
go with the Bengals and ride them for the next 5 weeks.

Here are their matchups in those 5 weeks:

Cle
@Was
@Jac
Mia
@Cle

Sounds good boss, will pick them up after their game is over tomorrow and drop the Bills D

Last edited:
Who would've started Spiller though? That wouldn't be smart. Sometimes you just lose. Accept it and move on to next week.

Had to start AP no matter how many carries he got.. glad it worked out for me.. I'm still down 55 though :lol:

Who would've started Spiller though? That wouldn't be smart. Sometimes you just lose. Accept it and move on to next week.
In my 16 team league someone actually had them in their flex 
laugh.gif

miamib30514: Imagine if you started Wayne in the Flex for Jennings.

Mez: I don't know if The Law Firm gets a TD, but even in the tough match-up, 60 rushing yards (6.0 fantasy points) is doable. Hope so for you, man. It's happened to me before as well. Or another case where you flip-flop players at the last minute and ultimately end up regretting it.

TimelessFlight: Ray should get that alone if it's PPR, but won't say anything until the game is over. Some are superstitious.

I like Cutler's value long-term over RG3. Let others sip the Kool-Aid against a sub-par NO defense.

TennHouse2: I wouldn't expect too much or depend on Floyd. You need Wallace to go off and DMC to run terribly.

MrONegative: Shop K. Smith immediately. Saved Week 1 with two-late TDs, but his value is highest now. Field good offers, like a RB2 or WR2.

AG 47: Odds against you, but hope you pull it off, brotha.

Mr4thQuarter: Cam might struggle this year. Case of the sophomore slump. His running ability was relatively neutralized by Schiano.

Not the way Shanny switches RBs. But Morris is good value temporarily. Who you planning to drop for him?

SneakerPro: Good money.

FlyerThanDelta: Matty Ice and Julio probably the biggest winners. Jets D. Matt Bryant and Blair Walsh.

thekillerj23: Bengals temporarily, Jets long-term.

Illonaire2006: Sproles is the only one that you could have seriously played in the RB2 slot. With those four RBs, nobody in their right mind is starting Spiller as a backup. Now that he may be the starter, there's more serious consideration. CJ2K and Charles were the right play, just bad luck. ATL was cooking with Matty and Julio, KC had to pass limiting Charles' carries. CJ2K laid a dud no one saw coming.

651akathePaul: Completely agree. You win some, you lose some. Play the odds. Don't dwell on the past. Use your research, stats, intuition, and injury reports to a lesser extent. Much like dland's poker analogy.

I'm going to be so disappointed if McGahee doesn't outscore Moreno (meaning, he now has to get a TD and avoid fumbling again).

Main reason: dude I'm up against started Moreno (vs. my McGahee), and I really need to get the upper hand in that matchup because he has Rivers and Janikowski tomorrow.

I'm going to be so disappointed if McGahee doesn't outscore Moreno (meaning, he now has to get a TD and avoid fumbling again).
Main reason: dude I'm up against started Moreno (vs. my McGahee), and I really need to get the upper hand in that matchup because he has Rivers and Janikowski tomorrow.
He might be the only person in Fantasy Football that started Moreno this week. Not really, but rare to find in all honesty. He's not even a backup RB3 or RB4 in most deep leagues.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik View Post

He might be the only person in Fantasy Football that started Moreno this week. Not really, but rare to find in all honesty. He's not even a backup RB3 or RB4 in most deep leagues.

^ Yeah, I know (this is an 18-team league, though... there's not a whole lot left, let's just put it that way, haha).

But, that's why it would be even more disappointing than usual for me.

Last edited:
Up by 30 with Antonio Gates and A.J. Green playing tomorrow :pimp: :smokin #feelsgoodman

I just hope CJ2K gets it together this season :smh:

What should I be taking away with Peyton Hillis and Trent Richardson's performance?

Mark my words, McGahee will be supplanted by Moreno at some point this season.

Gonna swoop him up on Tuesday off waivers in my keeper league (it's a tough league, gotta dig deep since I bought this team and previous owner was a total idiot).

Those in keeper leagues, grab Stephen Hill.

regarding Chris Johnson,

I don't know if I spoke about him in depth earlier in the thread, but If I didn't I should've.

He was firmly on my DND this season. Worst run-blocking o-line last season and didn't improve in the least. I was hopeful for CJ owners that at least a mobile QB in Jake Locker would have helped his production but now he's got a shoulder injury.

but again, he seems to have mailed it in, he got his money. He doesn't care, his character just tells me he just doesn't want it. Ever since he felt jilted about not winning the MVP the year he had 2000+ yards from scrimmage (he stated that Peyton didn't deserve it because Peyton had previous stellar seasons) he seems to just not care.

I didn't get the Titans game in my area, so I'll have to go back and watch it. However watching him last season just told me he was complacent and lacked hunger, didn't want to go through contact, didn't want to hit holes with explosiveness.

He's serviceable in PPR leagues, at the very least. But in my mind there was no way in hell I was going to spend a 1st round pick on this schmuck.

Heh, I should've listed to my own advice, I dropped Morris for Dwyer in hopes of a Dwyer ascension in the NT dynasty league.

Ah well, still got him in the majority of my leagues. People, snatch him up and SELL HIGH (yeah, as much as I like the kid, you can't trust Shanny, ever).

Back
Top Bottom