2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Cortez was looking outside the ring at the time keeper because it was less than 10 seconds left in the round when he called timeout to deduct the point.
Even if cortez was looking at the fighters there would be no different outcome.

Floyd tagged Gatti with the "glove touching" and he did Shane the same.

This aint a love fest. the only time the ref orders touching gloved is after giving the in ring instructions.

Btw Floyd was on his way to knocking victor out.
That 3rd & 4th round was Dominance.
He wobbled ortiz at least 3 times and ortiz started retreating.

That "plant your feet in the middle of the ring" floyd is incredible. Wow

I def wanna see Sergio fight Floyd now

Cortez was looking outside the ring at the time keeper because it was less than 10 seconds left in the round when he called timeout to deduct the point.

This aint a love fest. the only time the ref orders touching gloved is after giving the in ring instructions.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

This. I wanna know why Manny keeps saying that Sergio Martinez is too big for him when he fought Margarito who came into their fight weighing over 160 pounds. 
Sergio has stated that he would even fight Manny at a catch weight of 150 just like Margarito did. 

Manny also said that Mosley was too big before then waited till Mayweather beat him and then decided too fight Mosley because he needed a win over a "slick" African American boxer with a name.

This. I wanna know why Manny keeps saying that Sergio Martinez is too big for him when he fought Margarito who came into their fight weighing over 160 pounds. 
Sergio has stated that he would even fight Manny at a catch weight of 150 just like Margarito did. 

Manny also said that Mosley was too big before then waited till Mayweather beat him and then decided too fight Mosley because he needed a win over a "slick" African American boxer with a name.

im not sure why cortiz is getting so much heat. he put them in neutral corners and took the point away from ortiz and said time in. it was on ortiz when he started to do all that hugging and kissing crap who cares if coritz was looking or not he wouldnt have top the 2nd one from coming since he didnt call break or timeout.

Mayweather 73-208 (35%)
Ortiz 26-148 (18%)

Jabs:
May 12-83 (14%)
Ortiz 0-31

Power Punches
May 61-125 (49%)
Ortiz 26-117 (22%)

im not sure why cortiz is getting so much heat. he put them in neutral corners and took the point away from ortiz and said time in. it was on ortiz when he started to do all that hugging and kissing crap who cares if coritz was looking or not he wouldnt have top the 2nd one from coming since he didnt call break or timeout.

Mayweather 73-208 (35%)
Ortiz 26-148 (18%)

Jabs:
May 12-83 (14%)
Ortiz 0-31

Power Punches
May 61-125 (49%)
Ortiz 26-117 (22%)

Originally Posted by aepps20

I'm interested in what my dudes Pro, Gunna, thacapt and CAFinest think about all of this.

1. How much heat do you think PBF will take for this and the Merchant thing?

2. Does anyone think PBF slowed down i.e. Speed, Reflexes?

3. Will this be the last PBF Fight we see when you factor in his legal problems?
1. It's Floyd, he'll be criticized and hated on for whatever he does. 
2. I don't think Floyd lost a step at all, he looked extremely sharp out there and when he figured Ortiz out he was bout to be on his way to stopping Ortiz.

3. Absolutely not, I believe Floyd has plans to fight 1 or 2 more people. 

Originally Posted by aepps20

I'm interested in what my dudes Pro, Gunna, thacapt and CAFinest think about all of this.

1. How much heat do you think PBF will take for this and the Merchant thing?

2. Does anyone think PBF slowed down i.e. Speed, Reflexes?

3. Will this be the last PBF Fight we see when you factor in his legal problems?
1. It's Floyd, he'll be criticized and hated on for whatever he does. 
2. I don't think Floyd lost a step at all, he looked extremely sharp out there and when he figured Ortiz out he was bout to be on his way to stopping Ortiz.

3. Absolutely not, I believe Floyd has plans to fight 1 or 2 more people. 

even the NSAC is backing Floyd.

Ortiz manager Rolando Arellano said he’d look at the tape before deciding whether to file a protest. But Keith Kizer, the executive director of the Nevada Athletic Commission, staunchly defended Cortez’s actions and Mayweather’s right to punch Ortiz when he did.

“Joe pointed to the timekeeper and said ‘Time in,’

even the NSAC is backing Floyd.

Ortiz manager Rolando Arellano said he’d look at the tape before deciding whether to file a protest. But Keith Kizer, the executive director of the Nevada Athletic Commission, staunchly defended Cortez’s actions and Mayweather’s right to punch Ortiz when he did.

“Joe pointed to the timekeeper and said ‘Time in,’

Why isn't anyone mentioning the the two shots Ortiz tried to land after the head butt. Floyd was lucky to be able to dodge and slip those. Victor was frustrated of not being able to land and those right hand leads were snapping his head back. When Vic had him on the ropes I thought Floyd was hurt, after replaying it I saw vic landed a good right to floyds jaw but the rest of the punches were just not landing. Then Floyd pushed him off and smiled at and that's when vic did the lunging head but. I think Vic was looking for a way out.

Why isn't anyone mentioning the the two shots Ortiz tried to land after the head butt. Floyd was lucky to be able to dodge and slip those. Victor was frustrated of not being able to land and those right hand leads were snapping his head back. When Vic had him on the ropes I thought Floyd was hurt, after replaying it I saw vic landed a good right to floyds jaw but the rest of the punches were just not landing. Then Floyd pushed him off and smiled at and that's when vic did the lunging head but. I think Vic was looking for a way out.

Gunna knows.
That was a hell of a performance before the KO.

Floyd was letting his hands go in combos and still evading almost every shot.

Gunna knows.
That was a hell of a performance before the KO.

Floyd was letting his hands go in combos and still evading almost every shot.

Ortiz did nothing to warrant a rematch and I can't believe a lot of casual fans want to see a rematch.

I'd love to see Sergio/PBF as Gunna said but Sergio is still not a big name to the casual fans. Lou Dibella needs to promote Martinez better his past fights have been very good, but its like people don't go out to see Martinez fight as there are always empty seats or low HBO ratings.

Ortiz did nothing to warrant a rematch and I can't believe a lot of casual fans want to see a rematch.

I'd love to see Sergio/PBF as Gunna said but Sergio is still not a big name to the casual fans. Lou Dibella needs to promote Martinez better his past fights have been very good, but its like people don't go out to see Martinez fight as there are always empty seats or low HBO ratings.

I wanna know why all of a sudden no one seems to remember that Ortiz basically lunged himself off the canvas head first right into Floyd's mouth. Cut him on the inside and outside of his mouth with the butt and then tried to throw two big right hands when Cortez was trying to get in the way. But Floyd is supposed to shake his hand, touch his glove and kiss him back when the ref said to box. $$$* that. Ortiz can apologize all he wants for that headbutt and say it was an accident or w/e but it's a complete %##%! move. Other boxers and the majority of idiots in S&T wanna say that it's about the sportsmanship, what the $$$* sense does that make when your opponent shows no sportsmanship whatsoever and decides he can't hurt you with his fist so he's going to be Tim Bradley and hurt you with his head. I hope I never have to see that quitting, gutless fraud win a fight again.

I wanna know why all of a sudden no one seems to remember that Ortiz basically lunged himself off the canvas head first right into Floyd's mouth. Cut him on the inside and outside of his mouth with the butt and then tried to throw two big right hands when Cortez was trying to get in the way. But Floyd is supposed to shake his hand, touch his glove and kiss him back when the ref said to box. $$$* that. Ortiz can apologize all he wants for that headbutt and say it was an accident or w/e but it's a complete %##%! move. Other boxers and the majority of idiots in S&T wanna say that it's about the sportsmanship, what the $$$* sense does that make when your opponent shows no sportsmanship whatsoever and decides he can't hurt you with his fist so he's going to be Tim Bradley and hurt you with his head. I hope I never have to see that quitting, gutless fraud win a fight again.

so he has sergio martinez and manny out there to fight but ofcourse you know he will give ortiz a rematch 
laugh.gif
  this dude is by far the most dodging and ducking top rated boxer in the history of the sport. you think leonard would have dodged a challenge from hagler or hearns? seriously those of you who go back and love the sport of boxing should be in complete disgust of the type of fighter and the fighters mayweather has faced in his career.but ofcourse most of these casual fans see him coming into the ring with 50 and see how he spends his doe and how arrogant he is and they say wow he is cool 
sick.gif

so he has sergio martinez and manny out there to fight but ofcourse you know he will give ortiz a rematch 
laugh.gif
  this dude is by far the most dodging and ducking top rated boxer in the history of the sport. you think leonard would have dodged a challenge from hagler or hearns? seriously those of you who go back and love the sport of boxing should be in complete disgust of the type of fighter and the fighters mayweather has faced in his career.but ofcourse most of these casual fans see him coming into the ring with 50 and see how he spends his doe and how arrogant he is and they say wow he is cool 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Milkman Dead

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

1. because of how it ended and how he went off. dudes going to be going for his head

2. his speed and reflexes look about the same to me. i mean anything he threw he was hitting ortiz with and had ortiz swinging wild in the middle of the ring with miss punchs.

3. nope he is fighting again.

1. When does he not take heat...in the end, HBO NEEDS Floyd. And this is nothing new (IE: Post Marquez fight) Merchant is Floyd's Cosell...

2. As stated, he looked the same. I honestly thought Ortiz would eventually be KO'ed by the 6 or 7th, anyway.

3. I truly believe he'll fight Manny. Esp after tonight, dude is more hated than ever...people tune in for the possibility that he'll finally catch a beating.

Come on y'all...for a guy who calls himself "MONEY" y'all really think he's gonna pass up on $50 million MINIMUM?
grin.gif

The problem is that both Pac and Floyd can make crazy money fighting anyone. After everything is said done, Floyd will @@*+ around and make 40 million for this fight...
Remember we've seen Floyd do things like this before... He turned down a career best purse of $8 million to fight Margarito and instead fought Carlos Boldomir...
When he came out of retirement he fought a lightweight Marquez instead of going after any of the real Welterweights at the time...

Manny, Roach, and Bob Arum all said that the blood testing isn't a issue anymore. Now the new murmurs coming out of the Mayweather camp is that they want him to only train in America. Everyone knows that that Manny likes to train in the Philippines. If Floyd makes this a real sticking point then there is no more defending this dude, in my opinion. 

It's worrying me that instead of seeing Mayweather vs. Pacquiao and Khan vs. Bradley we gonna @@*+ around and see Mayweather vs. Khan and Pacquiao vs. Bradley...

If this is true, Floyd is without a question ducking dude.

Originally Posted by Milkman Dead

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

1. because of how it ended and how he went off. dudes going to be going for his head

2. his speed and reflexes look about the same to me. i mean anything he threw he was hitting ortiz with and had ortiz swinging wild in the middle of the ring with miss punchs.

3. nope he is fighting again.

1. When does he not take heat...in the end, HBO NEEDS Floyd. And this is nothing new (IE: Post Marquez fight) Merchant is Floyd's Cosell...

2. As stated, he looked the same. I honestly thought Ortiz would eventually be KO'ed by the 6 or 7th, anyway.

3. I truly believe he'll fight Manny. Esp after tonight, dude is more hated than ever...people tune in for the possibility that he'll finally catch a beating.

Come on y'all...for a guy who calls himself "MONEY" y'all really think he's gonna pass up on $50 million MINIMUM?
grin.gif

The problem is that both Pac and Floyd can make crazy money fighting anyone. After everything is said done, Floyd will @@*+ around and make 40 million for this fight...
Remember we've seen Floyd do things like this before... He turned down a career best purse of $8 million to fight Margarito and instead fought Carlos Boldomir...
When he came out of retirement he fought a lightweight Marquez instead of going after any of the real Welterweights at the time...

Manny, Roach, and Bob Arum all said that the blood testing isn't a issue anymore. Now the new murmurs coming out of the Mayweather camp is that they want him to only train in America. Everyone knows that that Manny likes to train in the Philippines. If Floyd makes this a real sticking point then there is no more defending this dude, in my opinion. 

It's worrying me that instead of seeing Mayweather vs. Pacquiao and Khan vs. Bradley we gonna @@*+ around and see Mayweather vs. Khan and Pacquiao vs. Bradley...

If this is true, Floyd is without a question ducking dude.

Back
Top Bottom