2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

BS report podcast with Brian Kenny was pretty good. They talked about the fight,Leonard-Hagler, Hearns,The War, state of boxing, etc.

"Dawson showed me what kinda person he was when he let Pascal win half of the fight then tried to step on the gas at the end. I think Hopkins can gut that win out."

Hopkins does the same as well, though...either way, not a PPV caliber fight at all. Dawson is another Berto, another boxer who will never live up to his full potential.

As far as Floyd goes...let's be honest, the only way "the fight to save Boxing" ever comes off is if Arum steps out of the way and that won't happen. Arum is still bitter that he no longer eats off of Floyd, that Floyd was the ONLY one able to break away from Top Rank. Manny tried, Cotto tried, Nonito just tried...didn't happen. He'd rather match Manny up with in house fighters (Clottey, Margarito, Cotto) or desperate fighters willing to break their contracts for the payday (Shane, JMM).

Stop blaming Floyd...how about Arum? Dude is a cancer.

"Dawson showed me what kinda person he was when he let Pascal win half of the fight then tried to step on the gas at the end. I think Hopkins can gut that win out."

Hopkins does the same as well, though...either way, not a PPV caliber fight at all. Dawson is another Berto, another boxer who will never live up to his full potential.

As far as Floyd goes...let's be honest, the only way "the fight to save Boxing" ever comes off is if Arum steps out of the way and that won't happen. Arum is still bitter that he no longer eats off of Floyd, that Floyd was the ONLY one able to break away from Top Rank. Manny tried, Cotto tried, Nonito just tried...didn't happen. He'd rather match Manny up with in house fighters (Clottey, Margarito, Cotto) or desperate fighters willing to break their contracts for the payday (Shane, JMM).

Stop blaming Floyd...how about Arum? Dude is a cancer.

Anyone paying attention to this story about Manny's finances? From what im readi
ng it seems like Arum an Koncz are robbing him blind, but i dont know what to believe because a lot of these boxing websites are so biased

Anyone paying attention to this story about Manny's finances? From what im readi
ng it seems like Arum an Koncz are robbing him blind, but i dont know what to believe because a lot of these boxing websites are so biased

Heard form several of my boys in the boxing community and this further confirms it, Michael Koncz
30t6p3b.gif

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content10813.html

Mike, khan and several other fighters were cool with what Pbf did. Khan even admitted that he would've done the same thing.

As far as Chad goes, watching him fight is really depressing. I used to be a big Chad fan but time after time we would see him 0 sense of urgency. Chad IMO is one of the most skilled boxers out right now. He has all of the tools, hand speed, quickness, long arms, excellent technical ability, good defense, etc. The only thing he's lacking is tons of power but he's still super talented. If only he had the desire and sense of urgency to match his talent. Smh

Mike, khan and several other fighters were cool with what Pbf did. Khan even admitted that he would've done the same thing.

As far as Chad goes, watching him fight is really depressing. I used to be a big Chad fan but time after time we would see him 0 sense of urgency. Chad IMO is one of the most skilled boxers out right now. He has all of the tools, hand speed, quickness, long arms, excellent technical ability, good defense, etc. The only thing he's lacking is tons of power but he's still super talented. If only he had the desire and sense of urgency to match his talent. Smh

I read that a cple days ago. dont know if its credible but if it is, thats very disheartening
30t6p3b.gif

blood sweat and tears and your own team is robbing you, sheeeeeiiiiid your own promotion company.

Bob Arum
30t6p3b.gif

I read that a cple days ago. dont know if its credible but if it is, thats very disheartening
30t6p3b.gif

blood sweat and tears and your own team is robbing you, sheeeeeiiiiid your own promotion company.

Bob Arum
30t6p3b.gif

I read that same article. I would just say i dont trust fighthype that much. That site night is like the official mouthpiece. Of floyd mayweather

I read that same article. I would just say i dont trust fighthype that much. That site night is like the official mouthpiece. Of floyd mayweather

Terrible, man.
This guy is getting punished for trusting people too much.

I've read many times before that Sugar Ray Leonard's long time lawyer, Mike Trainer, is the reason why he is set for life.

People like Don King and Bob Arum are just poison. I read the book The Life and Crimes of Don King and the things that he did to Ali, Holmes, Tyson, Witherspoon, and countless others was just despicable. Reading that book literally mad me sad. Now, I'm not sure about Bob Arum's history, but I'm sure that apple doesn't fall far.

I don't like all the things Floyd does, but I applaud him from getting away from that leach.

Terrible, man.
This guy is getting punished for trusting people too much.

I've read many times before that Sugar Ray Leonard's long time lawyer, Mike Trainer, is the reason why he is set for life.

People like Don King and Bob Arum are just poison. I read the book The Life and Crimes of Don King and the things that he did to Ali, Holmes, Tyson, Witherspoon, and countless others was just despicable. Reading that book literally mad me sad. Now, I'm not sure about Bob Arum's history, but I'm sure that apple doesn't fall far.

I don't like all the things Floyd does, but I applaud him from getting away from that leach.

Also, I found this article pretty interesting...
Enhanced Performance: The NATURAL progression of Manny Pacquiao from Light Flyweight to Welterweight 
By Ace Freeman (21-Sep-2011) 

Ace Freeman takes an in depth look at Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s suspicion surrounding Manny Pacquiao and his physical evolution from light flyweight to welterweight as the two fighters continue to face growing scrutiny from fans and media alike who are longing to see their much anticipated historic showdown.

Let me start out by saying that I have no problem with Floyd Mayweather Jr. insisting Manny Pacquiao be tested for performance enhancing drugs if they are to meet in a super fight in the near future. While I don’t like the way he originally went about it insisting (with no evidence to support his claim) that Pacquiao has used or is currently using PEDs, he is entitled to his opinion and he’s free to think whatever he wants. What I do have a problem with is some of the skewed and false logic he’s been using lately every time the topic is brought up. Most specifically, his repeated notion that Manny Pacquiao is a 105 pound fighter who suddenly grew into a welterweight with Incredible Hulk like punching power. It is my contention that Mayweather and Pacquiao are and always have been (relatively speaking) the same size.

Floyd Mayweather: “To say a guy goes from 105 pounds to this (welterweight), and it’s all natural … come on, man…

Also, I found this article pretty interesting...
Enhanced Performance: The NATURAL progression of Manny Pacquiao from Light Flyweight to Welterweight 
By Ace Freeman (21-Sep-2011) 

Ace Freeman takes an in depth look at Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s suspicion surrounding Manny Pacquiao and his physical evolution from light flyweight to welterweight as the two fighters continue to face growing scrutiny from fans and media alike who are longing to see their much anticipated historic showdown.

Let me start out by saying that I have no problem with Floyd Mayweather Jr. insisting Manny Pacquiao be tested for performance enhancing drugs if they are to meet in a super fight in the near future. While I don’t like the way he originally went about it insisting (with no evidence to support his claim) that Pacquiao has used or is currently using PEDs, he is entitled to his opinion and he’s free to think whatever he wants. What I do have a problem with is some of the skewed and false logic he’s been using lately every time the topic is brought up. Most specifically, his repeated notion that Manny Pacquiao is a 105 pound fighter who suddenly grew into a welterweight with Incredible Hulk like punching power. It is my contention that Mayweather and Pacquiao are and always have been (relatively speaking) the same size.

Floyd Mayweather: “To say a guy goes from 105 pounds to this (welterweight), and it’s all natural … come on, man…

That's sad to see Manny being broke if true.

Chad has all the tools to be a special fighter yet he's just too relaxed sometimes. To only have 17 KO's with his skill set is proof he doesn't fight with a sense of urgency. I honestly believe that Steward would have produced to best Chad Dawson we could have possibly seen.

That's sad to see Manny being broke if true.

Chad has all the tools to be a special fighter yet he's just too relaxed sometimes. To only have 17 KO's with his skill set is proof he doesn't fight with a sense of urgency. I honestly believe that Steward would have produced to best Chad Dawson we could have possibly seen.

just copped tickets to the garden to see donaire.... me n pops are going to see it... cant wait to see the new garden and the fight of course... first time seeing a boxing match in person

just copped tickets to the garden to see donaire.... me n pops are going to see it... cant wait to see the new garden and the fight of course... first time seeing a boxing match in person

Back
Top Bottom