2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Cats be watching all that hugging and apologizing in MMA and think it applies to boxing.
I like how Floyd acted like he wanted to hug and hold hands, and then put them 1-2's on him.

Cats be watching all that hugging and apologizing in MMA and think it applies to boxing.
I like how Floyd acted like he wanted to hug and hold hands, and then put them 1-2's on him.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

in the other thread they are posting how can the referee start at 4 or 5 when Ortiz was dropped they don't know/realize that there is someone else outside the ring dead center first row counting as well which is what Cortez was looking at and he counts from there on.
If people don't know this, I wouldn't bother debating with them.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

in the other thread they are posting how can the referee start at 4 or 5 when Ortiz was dropped they don't know/realize that there is someone else outside the ring dead center first row counting as well which is what Cortez was looking at and he counts from there on.
If people don't know this, I wouldn't bother debating with them.

People are going to hate Floyd no matter what, I could care less. Watching live, I was jumping up and down in my seat. I knew Vic's night was over. You watch it, you see them dap, then get real close, after that, Floyd put his head down, he threw a hook, he saw he was off-guard, and he ended his night.

Cortez looked like a #!*@+!@, no way around that.

The Ortiz headbutt was inexcusable, more inexcusable than Floyd's KO, that's for damn sure.

What happened was legal, some may not say it was classy, but I'm okay with it. You put your hands down, you're asking to get punched.

With the time running, in the middle of the round, and your hands at your waist, you're asking to get punched.

Ortiz was smiling because his PAB-self got his biggest paycheck he'll ever get.

Yeah of course you want a re-match. You don't think you can win, you just want another fat check and not take a beating like you would against Manny.

People are going to hate Floyd no matter what, I could care less. Watching live, I was jumping up and down in my seat. I knew Vic's night was over. You watch it, you see them dap, then get real close, after that, Floyd put his head down, he threw a hook, he saw he was off-guard, and he ended his night.

Cortez looked like a #!*@+!@, no way around that.

The Ortiz headbutt was inexcusable, more inexcusable than Floyd's KO, that's for damn sure.

What happened was legal, some may not say it was classy, but I'm okay with it. You put your hands down, you're asking to get punched.

With the time running, in the middle of the round, and your hands at your waist, you're asking to get punched.

Ortiz was smiling because his PAB-self got his biggest paycheck he'll ever get.

Yeah of course you want a re-match. You don't think you can win, you just want another fat check and not take a beating like you would against Manny.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by aepps20

I'm interested in what my dudes Pro, Gunna, thacapt and CAFinest think about all of this.

1. How much heat do you think PBF will take for this and the Merchant thing?

2. Does anyone think PBF slowed down i.e. Speed, Reflexes?

3. Will this be the last PBF Fight we see when you factor in his legal problems?
1. because of how it ended and how he went off. dudes going to be going for his head

2. his speed and reflexes look about the same to me. i mean anything he threw he was hitting ortiz with and had ortiz swinging wild in the middle of the ring with miss punchs.

3. nope he is fighting again.

1. When does he not take heat...in the end, HBO NEEDS Floyd. And this is nothing new (IE: Post Marquez fight) Merchant is Floyd's Cosell...

2. As stated, he looked the same. I honestly thought Ortiz would eventually be KO'ed by the 6 or 7th, anyway.

3. I truly believe he'll fight Manny. Esp after tonight, dude is more hated than ever...people tune in for the possibility that he'll finally catch a beating.

Come on y'all...for a guy who calls himself "MONEY" y'all really think he's gonna pass up on $50 million MINIMUM?
grin.gif

I'm interested in what my dudes Pro, Gunna, thacapt and CAFinest think about all of this.

3. Will this be the last PBF Fight we see when you factor in his legal problems?
1. because of how it ended and how he went off. dudes going to be going for his head

2. his speed and reflexes look about the same to me. i mean anything he threw he was hitting ortiz with and had ortiz swinging wild in the middle of the ring with miss punchs.

1. When does he not take heat...in the end, HBO NEEDS Floyd. And this is nothing new (IE: Post Marquez fight) Merchant is Floyd's Cosell...

2. As stated, he looked the same. I honestly thought Ortiz would eventually be KO'ed by the 6 or 7th, anyway.

3. I truly believe he'll fight Manny. Esp after tonight, dude is more hated than ever...people tune in for the possibility that he'll finally catch a beating.

Come on y'all...for a guy who calls himself "MONEY" y'all really think he's gonna pass up on $50 million MINIMUM?
grin.gif

Whatever happen happen. But to me, this was a set up. You gotta ask yourself, whats the money-maker for Floyd and Golden boy?

Money vs Pacman.

I believe its going to happen next year. Mayweather is a genius. Just like Richard Schaefer was praising him on the radio on Thursday.
  PBF is building the hype for the fight against Manny. 

One more thing, what is up with Golden Boy? The Abner fight, early stoppage with canelo, and now this. . . it looks obvious.

There's too much money involved now . . .
frown.gif
tired.gif

What do you guys think of Golden Boy Promotions
devil.gif
?

Whatever happen happen. But to me, this was a set up. You gotta ask yourself, whats the money-maker for Floyd and Golden boy?

Money vs Pacman.

I believe its going to happen next year. Mayweather is a genius. Just like Richard Schaefer was praising him on the radio on Thursday.
  PBF is building the hype for the fight against Manny. 

One more thing, what is up with Golden Boy? The Abner fight, early stoppage with canelo, and now this. . . it looks obvious.

There's too much money involved now . . .
frown.gif
tired.gif

What do you guys think of Golden Boy Promotions
devil.gif
?

Im leaning towards fixed, I dont get the headbutt on the 4th..that was ortiz best round why would u do that after hitting floyd with fairly good shot. getting to excited? or being stupid young?
floyd offering a rematch..is this going to happen? or Now that floyd hype multiplied by million.. are we going to see pacman vs floyd next year?

happening in Dubai...spectator will be 90% Filipino.

Im leaning towards fixed, I dont get the headbutt on the 4th..that was ortiz best round why would u do that after hitting floyd with fairly good shot. getting to excited? or being stupid young?
floyd offering a rematch..is this going to happen? or Now that floyd hype multiplied by million.. are we going to see pacman vs floyd next year?

happening in Dubai...spectator will be 90% Filipino.

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

grin.gif

Mayweather got $25 mil to fight this scrub for 4 rounds.  Why would he fight Manny(take any punishment) when he can fight scrubs and get $25 mil for each fight.

As long as people will pay $60 to watch him fight scrubs, he'll keep fighting scrubs.

http://www.chicagotribune...0,116299.story?track=rss

Mayweather will be paid a guaranteed $25 million for the bout, with Ortiz earning $2 million.

grin.gif

Mayweather got $25 mil to fight this scrub for 4 rounds.  Why would he fight Manny(take any punishment) when he can fight scrubs and get $25 mil for each fight.

As long as people will pay $60 to watch him fight scrubs, he'll keep fighting scrubs.

http://www.chicagotribune...0,116299.story?track=rss

Mayweather will be paid a guaranteed $25 million for the bout, with Ortiz earning $2 million.

To answer your question aepps20

1. Floyd will take heat for the Merchant comments however it will play into his hand in his next fight money wise. People really will buy fights to see him lose. If you know mayweather you can clearly see he love the bad guy role.

2. I don't think his speed and reflexes has slowed down much. I think he realizes that he can save energy by simple rolling his shoulders in the pocket, fighter done realize that in order to have a decent chances at hurting mayweather you have to let you hands go and shoot straight shots to the chest. He rolls, slips and hides under that shoulder. But you will take a beating trying to hit a classic counterpuncher. You cannot go into a fight with fighters like B-Hop and Mayweather thinking you're going to end the fight with one punch.

3. Floyd will fight again. His legal problems can bet maintained.

To answer your question aepps20

1. Floyd will take heat for the Merchant comments however it will play into his hand in his next fight money wise. People really will buy fights to see him lose. If you know mayweather you can clearly see he love the bad guy role.

2. I don't think his speed and reflexes has slowed down much. I think he realizes that he can save energy by simple rolling his shoulders in the pocket, fighter done realize that in order to have a decent chances at hurting mayweather you have to let you hands go and shoot straight shots to the chest. He rolls, slips and hides under that shoulder. But you will take a beating trying to hit a classic counterpuncher. You cannot go into a fight with fighters like B-Hop and Mayweather thinking you're going to end the fight with one punch.

3. Floyd will fight again. His legal problems can bet maintained.

Amidst all the noise at my place last night I couldnt hear Cortez say "Let's go." but after watching the fight again he clearly says it after telling Ortiz "Don't blow it!" so Floyd's 1-2 was most certainly legal. None if this is his fault, Ortiz should've protected himself there. But I'm still puzzled as to why Cortez was looking at the outside referee the whole time. Just doesn't make sense.

And I'll agree with CAfinest and say Floyd has found a way to still be a defensive genius. But I'll add that IMO we've seen Floyd throw far more punches his last two fights because he has to. He's 34 and it's obvious he's not as quick on his feet as he used to be. He's actually had to use punches as a defense mechanism rather than allowing opponents to throw while he slips and counters. I believe he has a %@!!@ in his armor, while Ortiz didn't have him seriously hurt he did catch him with a few good shots in rounds 2 and 4.

Amidst all the noise at my place last night I couldnt hear Cortez say "Let's go." but after watching the fight again he clearly says it after telling Ortiz "Don't blow it!" so Floyd's 1-2 was most certainly legal. None if this is his fault, Ortiz should've protected himself there. But I'm still puzzled as to why Cortez was looking at the outside referee the whole time. Just doesn't make sense.

And I'll agree with CAfinest and say Floyd has found a way to still be a defensive genius. But I'll add that IMO we've seen Floyd throw far more punches his last two fights because he has to. He's 34 and it's obvious he's not as quick on his feet as he used to be. He's actually had to use punches as a defense mechanism rather than allowing opponents to throw while he slips and counters. I believe he has a %@!!@ in his armor, while Ortiz didn't have him seriously hurt he did catch him with a few good shots in rounds 2 and 4.

grin.gif

The problem is that both Pac and Floyd can make crazy money fighting anyone. After everything is said done, Floyd will @@*+ around and make 40 million for this fight...
Remember we've seen Floyd do things like this before... He turned down a career best purse of $8 million to fight Margarito and instead fought Carlos Boldomir...
When he came out of retirement he fought a lightweight Marquez instead of going after any of the real Welterweights at the time...

Manny, Roach, and Bob Arum all said that the blood testing isn't a issue anymore. Now the new murmurs coming out of the Mayweather camp is that they want him to only train in America. Everyone knows that that Manny likes to train in the Philippines. If Floyd makes this a real sticking point then there is no more defending this dude, in my opinion. 

It's worrying me that instead of seeing Mayweather vs. Pacquiao and Khan vs. Bradley we gonna @@*+ around and see Mayweather vs. Khan and Pacquiao vs. Bradley...

grin.gif

The problem is that both Pac and Floyd can make crazy money fighting anyone. After everything is said done, Floyd will @@*+ around and make 40 million for this fight...
Remember we've seen Floyd do things like this before... He turned down a career best purse of $8 million to fight Margarito and instead fought Carlos Boldomir...
When he came out of retirement he fought a lightweight Marquez instead of going after any of the real Welterweights at the time...

Manny, Roach, and Bob Arum all said that the blood testing isn't a issue anymore. Now the new murmurs coming out of the Mayweather camp is that they want him to only train in America. Everyone knows that that Manny likes to train in the Philippines. If Floyd makes this a real sticking point then there is no more defending this dude, in my opinion. 

It's worrying me that instead of seeing Mayweather vs. Pacquiao and Khan vs. Bradley we gonna @@*+ around and see Mayweather vs. Khan and Pacquiao vs. Bradley...

Protect your self at all times...
is the first thing that every boxer is instructed by the ref to do before each fight.

This was just a veteran move by Floyd

Protect your self at all times...
is the first thing that every boxer is instructed by the ref to do before each fight.

This was just a veteran move by Floyd

Back
Top Bottom