2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Originally Posted by Squalie413

it was illegal, their was no bell to resume the fight

As a fan of boxing, I didn't like the way the fight ended but...
roll.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

What the entire %%%+ are you talking about, dude?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

Ortiz had it coming to him.....I was at the bar, it was 50/50 racial split between black people and Latino's......reaction after the knockout was crazy, all the black people were diddy-boppin everywhere, while the Latinos were chanting Manny, Manny.....wish i would of recorded it

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm interested in what my dudes Pro, Gunna, thacapt and CAFinest think about all of this.

1. How much heat do you think PBF will take for this and the Merchant thing?

2. Does anyone think PBF slowed down i.e. Speed, Reflexes?

3. Will this be the last PBF Fight we see when you factor in his legal problems?

I'm interested in what my dudes Pro, Gunna, thacapt and CAFinest think about all of this.

3. Will this be the last PBF Fight we see when you factor in his legal problems?

Not that I thought Ortiz was going to win, but tonight was pretty much a waste of time, since it was as if a fight didn't even really happen. It could've been somewhat competitive too, I thought Floyd won 2 rounds clearly, 1 narrowly, and Ortiz was on his way to winning the 4th...

And no one's to blame but Ortiz, not only is it common sense to protect yourself, but if he did any research watching PBF, didn't he do this to Gatti in rd 1 of their fight? they had a break, the ref didn't clearly or loudly say 'resume', and he floored him. Why'd he even try for that headbutt when he had him in a corner and hit him with a combo for maybe the first time in the fight? And why's he trying to hug him like 3 times after? I'm not mad at Floyd as much as I am at Ortiz for wasting my time reading, or following anything about this event as if a fight was actually going to take place. Thank God I didn't pay for this ppv, and can't imagine how pissed I'd be if I went to Vegas to see 3.5 rds of mildly competitive sparring.

Not that I thought Ortiz was going to win, but tonight was pretty much a waste of time, since it was as if a fight didn't even really happen. It could've been somewhat competitive too, I thought Floyd won 2 rounds clearly, 1 narrowly, and Ortiz was on his way to winning the 4th...

And no one's to blame but Ortiz, not only is it common sense to protect yourself, but if he did any research watching PBF, didn't he do this to Gatti in rd 1 of their fight? they had a break, the ref didn't clearly or loudly say 'resume', and he floored him. Why'd he even try for that headbutt when he had him in a corner and hit him with a combo for maybe the first time in the fight? And why's he trying to hug him like 3 times after? I'm not mad at Floyd as much as I am at Ortiz for wasting my time reading, or following anything about this event as if a fight was actually going to take place. Thank God I didn't pay for this ppv, and can't imagine how pissed I'd be if I went to Vegas to see 3.5 rds of mildly competitive sparring.

Originally Posted by aepps20

1. because of how it ended and how he went off. dudes going to be going for his head

2. his speed and reflexes look about the same to me. i mean anything he threw he was hitting ortiz with and had ortiz swinging wild in the middle of the ring with miss punchs.

3. nope he is fighting again.

1. because of how it ended and how he went off. dudes going to be going for his head

2. his speed and reflexes look about the same to me. i mean anything he threw he was hitting ortiz with and had ortiz swinging wild in the middle of the ring with miss punchs.

1. Ortiz was losing regardless, he lost all his energy after the first round. Commentators were saying match was over after the third round. "Victor's not fast enough, punches not effective and so on"
2. Floyd looks the same, got him at a safe distance and was landing double the amount Victor was and they were effective unlike Victor's.
3. That Head-butt was dirty, you could just see how frustrated Victor was at not landing a punch.
4. They touched gloves, that's it. Fight is on, you don't need a bell halfway into a round.
5. WHY WOULDN'T YOU PUT YOUR HANDS UP AFTER THE FIRST PUNCH?!?!?!!

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Thanks Mike!

1. Ortiz was losing regardless, he lost all his energy after the first round. Commentators were saying match was over after the third round. "Victor's not fast enough, punches not effective and so on"
2. Floyd looks the same, got him at a safe distance and was landing double the amount Victor was and they were effective unlike Victor's.
3. That Head-butt was dirty, you could just see how frustrated Victor was at not landing a punch.
4. They touched gloves, that's it. Fight is on, you don't need a bell halfway into a round.
5. WHY WOULDN'T YOU PUT YOUR HANDS UP AFTER THE FIRST PUNCH?!?!?!!

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Thanks Mike!

I love this thread because it's full of really knowledgeable dudes that aren't stans. That other thread has too many guys with agendas.
This.

I love this thread because it's full of really knowledgeable dudes that aren't stans. That other thread has too many guys with agendas.
This.

No need to factor in the legal problems.

IMO, this will be the last time Floyd steps in the ring.  He will gain nothing by fighting Manny.  He's in a lose-lose situation everytime he steps in the ring.  I'm disgusted of the amount of folks that either forgot about the Ortiz butt and/or forgave him for it.

I think he focuses on Mayweather Promotions.

IMO, this will be the last time Floyd steps in the ring.  He will gain nothing by fighting Manny.  He's in a lose-lose situation everytime he steps in the ring.  I'm disgusted of the amount of folks that either forgot about the Ortiz butt and/or forgave him for it.

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

I see it as win/win either you are the greatest boexer that has ever lived, or you get stupid paid for losing.

I see it as win/win either you are the greatest boexer that has ever lived, or you get stupid paid for losing.

Floyd knew he was wrong for that...that's why he got so defensive during that interview with Merchant...

Very bad sportsmanship by Floyd.
Listen, what Ortiz did was wrong...and he got punished for that with the point deduction. But what Floyd did was excessive.
If you want to make a point, FINE. Chin-check him with the left-hook then move on. But then to follow that up with that right hand was garbage.
And Joe Cortz is just a waste in there. He's neither fair or firm. he's just @%!$!*% old.  

And the crazy thing is Floyd looked great in there, IMO. He was letting his hands go and backing up Ortiz and, even though there would have probably been some rough spots for Floyd, I think he was on his way to a knockout victory.

Floyd knew he was wrong for that...that's why he got so defensive during that interview with Merchant...

Very bad sportsmanship by Floyd.
Listen, what Ortiz did was wrong...and he got punished for that with the point deduction. But what Floyd did was excessive.
If you want to make a point, FINE. Chin-check him with the left-hook then move on. But then to follow that up with that right hand was garbage.
And Joe Cortz is just a waste in there. He's neither fair or firm. he's just @%!$!*% old.  

And the crazy thing is Floyd looked great in there, IMO. He was letting his hands go and backing up Ortiz and, even though there would have probably been some rough spots for Floyd, I think he was on his way to a knockout victory.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Nah fam.  I just don't see him getting up for it anymore. There's too much hate.

Time heals all.  When he walks into HOF on his 1st ballot, let his numbers do the talking:

42-0 (26 KO's) 7x World Champ in 5 classes. 3 Lineal titles. Undisputed Welter Champ.

Back
Top Bottom