2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

That's what confused the hell out of me watching the fight, Sergei has an excellent and strong jab and I barely saw it. For some reason, Martinez has pretty decent head movement but still gets hit a lot. He beat Cintron though, he should have had the KO as well. I can see if Margarito beats Cotto again this summer, they'll match him up with Martinez at 160. I don't see any way how Sergio is #1 P4P though.

BTW, I've never been happier to see a fighter win than when Lee won last night.

outjabbed a jabber...

Sergio did that. mad snap to it too. and it was coming from way below his beltline too
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Gunna...who beats him, though? None of these middleweights do...

I mean, he took Pun's best shots and made Pavlik look silly for a good portion of that fight.

Only two I honestly want to see him in that ring against is either Floyd or Cotto.

Floyd def won't happen, and Arum continues to dictate who Cotto fights these days.

The Pavlik fight is a funny one to me.  Did he dominate Kelly for a good part of that fight?  Sure.  But Kelly hit him with big shots and hurt him a few times.  If he had a adequate cut man, he might have been in better shape down the stretch.  The cutman screwed Kelly A LOT in that fight.

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Gunna...who beats him, though? None of these middleweights do...

I mean, he took Pun's best shots and made Pavlik look silly for a good portion of that fight.

Only two I honestly want to see him in that ring against is either Floyd or Cotto.

Floyd def won't happen, and Arum continues to dictate who Cotto fights these days.

The Pavlik fight is a funny one to me.  Did he dominate Kelly for a good part of that fight?  Sure.  But Kelly hit him with big shots and hurt him a few times.  If he had a adequate cut man, he might have been in better shape down the stretch.  The cutman screwed Kelly A LOT in that fight.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

ok IM not debating if hes very good. Ive already totally agreed with that.

If Sergio wants to be on level with Donaire and Pacman, he's gotta go up a couple weight classes and dominate. he's beat one legit Middleweight ( a drunk Kelly Pavlik) , split 2 fights with a welter (Pun) and took a controversial Draw vs another Welterweight (kermy) and a shut out vs a 154er (Dz)
Im sorry but that dont stand up to what Pacman and Nonito are currently doing.
To be honest I don't get why Nonito is getting all this pound for pound status because the only two names that he beat were Vic Darchinyan and recently Fernando Montiel. Besides those two the others that he has beaten weren't world class boxers IMO. 
Pacquiao also gets hit a lot just look at the punishment he has taken in his previous fights against Cotto, Clottey but it is overshadowed because of the manner in which he wins.

I think if Martinez wants to get the status of a true great he would have to do what Hopkins did and move up in weight because for a long time Hopkins was criticized for the lack of opposition he fought during his reign at middleweight but the division wasn't that good during that time because most of them moved up a division. Martinez should move up to 168 because there are plenty of real champions there just look at the names unlike the fake paper champions at 154 & 160 like Saul Alvarez, and Martinez weighs in at close to 170 on fight night.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

ok IM not debating if hes very good. Ive already totally agreed with that.

If Sergio wants to be on level with Donaire and Pacman, he's gotta go up a couple weight classes and dominate. he's beat one legit Middleweight ( a drunk Kelly Pavlik) , split 2 fights with a welter (Pun) and took a controversial Draw vs another Welterweight (kermy) and a shut out vs a 154er (Dz)
To be honest I don't get why Nonito is getting all this pound for pound status because the only two names that he beat were Vic Darchinyan and recently Fernando Montiel. Besides those two the others that he has beaten weren't world class boxers IMO. 
Pacquiao also gets hit a lot just look at the punishment he has taken in his previous fights against Cotto, Clottey but it is overshadowed because of the manner in which he wins.

I think if Martinez wants to get the status of a true great he would have to do what Hopkins did and move up in weight because for a long time Hopkins was criticized for the lack of opposition he fought during his reign at middleweight but the division wasn't that good during that time because most of them moved up a division. Martinez should move up to 168 because there are plenty of real champions there just look at the names unlike the fake paper champions at 154 & 160 like Saul Alvarez, and Martinez weighs in at close to 170 on fight night.

Impressive fight by Sergio yesterday, but he did get hit a lot in the 6 and 7. 

outjabbed a jabber...

eek.gif
It was crazy how he kept it up and usually fighters tire out and stop.  But he continued and hit DZ with the 1-2 punch and down he goes.

Impressive fight by Sergio yesterday, but he did get hit a lot in the 6 and 7. 

outjabbed a jabber...

eek.gif
It was crazy how he kept it up and usually fighters tire out and stop.  But he continued and hit DZ with the 1-2 punch and down he goes.

I don't think Clottey threw a single combination that fight
laugh.gif

I don't think the light competition before the Montiel fight can be all laid on Nonito, he got dragged into negotiations for a rematch with Vic twice and had to push back/cancel a couple fights and Vic would turn around and back out.

I think Sergio would make the bigger money fights at 168 but I don't see him making much noise TBH.

I don't think Clottey threw a single combination that fight
laugh.gif

I don't think the light competition before the Montiel fight can be all laid on Nonito, he got dragged into negotiations for a rematch with Vic twice and had to push back/cancel a couple fights and Vic would turn around and back out.

I think Sergio would make the bigger money fights at 168 but I don't see him making much noise TBH.

Clottey hit Pacman, because Manny allowed himself to get hit by standing in front of him.. trying to get Clottey to open up.  And Pacman paid for it because he got cut up.

Clottey hit Pacman, because Manny allowed himself to get hit by standing in front of him.. trying to get Clottey to open up.  And Pacman paid for it because he got cut up.

No Clottey didn't hurt Pacquaio but Pac was visibly cut even though Clottey didn't do nothing at all in their fight. 
Here is a pic after there fight

No Clottey didn't hurt Pacquaio but Pac was visibly cut even though Clottey didn't do nothing at all in their fight. 
Here is a pic after there fight

just joking MFreshm

If Sergio doesnt move up, he will never get his props.

the best comp is above him at 168.

what would you think of Arthur Abraham fighting martinez at 160?

just joking MFreshm

If Sergio doesnt move up, he will never get his props.

the best comp is above him at 168.

what would you think of Arthur Abraham fighting martinez at 160?

Maybe I said a bit much with "flawless", Gunna...gotta admit.
Well, let's look at this for a sec...prob gonna sound like Manny hater, but regardless...

Pac beat...

- David Diaz
laugh.gif

- A weight drained Oscar...no way he dominates that fight at 154.
- A Ricky Hatton who hasn't looked the same since he came over to the US, and was already SHOT after Floyd
- Clottey
laugh.gif
 A LEGIT 147 lb'er but again...did he throw a punch?
- Although it was at 145, I give him credit for Cotto
- Margacheato looks HUMAN without loaded gloves

P.S. Gunna, Sergio is 35 but not an "old" 35...who's to say he doesn't get better?

Maybe I said a bit much with "flawless", Gunna...gotta admit.
Well, let's look at this for a sec...prob gonna sound like Manny hater, but regardless...

Pac beat...

- David Diaz
laugh.gif

- A weight drained Oscar...no way he dominates that fight at 154.
- A Ricky Hatton who hasn't looked the same since he came over to the US, and was already SHOT after Floyd
- Clottey
laugh.gif
 A LEGIT 147 lb'er but again...did he throw a punch?
- Although it was at 145, I give him credit for Cotto
- Margacheato looks HUMAN without loaded gloves

P.S. Gunna, Sergio is 35 but not an "old" 35...who's to say he doesn't get better?

I'm not afraid to say I'm a pac hater and I agree with everything Les said of Pac's opponents its the same way I feel. ^

I'm not afraid to say I'm a pac hater and I agree with everything Les said of Pac's opponents its the same way I feel. ^

Back
Top Bottom