2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Get Angulo here Martinez win but the hits would be vicious on  both sides
pimp.gif

kirkland vs angulo... winner gets sergio
pimp.gif

James Kirkland won't beat Sergio Martinez.

There aren't any opponents for Martinez and I think it would be a bad idea to move up to 168. I would love for Martinez to fight Saul or Chavez Jr just so we don't have to hear about those two bums ever again.

Miguel Cotto has been a washed up fighter after the Margarito fight all his fights looked horrible like Jennings, Clottey, Pacquiao etc... he should fight better opponents from now on like he used to do. Cotto should've stopped Mayorga much earlier.

James Kirkland won't beat Sergio Martinez.

There aren't any opponents for Martinez and I think it would be a bad idea to move up to 168. I would love for Martinez to fight Saul or Chavez Jr just so we don't have to hear about those two bums ever again.

Miguel Cotto has been a washed up fighter after the Margarito fight all his fights looked horrible like Jennings, Clottey, Pacquiao etc... he should fight better opponents from now on like he used to do. Cotto should've stopped Mayorga much earlier.

I could see Sergio vs Andy Lee happening. The fight was close to happening before, they have the same promoter, and Lee put on a entertaining fight tonight...
Only thing is Sergio probably murders him...

He's really in the same situation as Nonito.

He's already established he's clearly the best in two weight classes...

There's really no point until he can start making super middle weight

I could see Sergio vs Andy Lee happening. The fight was close to happening before, they have the same promoter, and Lee put on a entertaining fight tonight...
Only thing is Sergio probably murders him...

He's really in the same situation as Nonito.

He's already established he's clearly the best in two weight classes...

There's really no point until he can start making super middle weight

Sergio can't be beat right now. I really can't find a flaw in his game,

WORD?!

Sergio gets HIT ALOT, by everyone.

Sergio isnt this unstoppable beast the hype is making him out to be. Very good fighter tho

Sergio can't be beat right now. I really can't find a flaw in his game,

WORD?!

Sergio gets HIT ALOT, by everyone.

Sergio isnt this unstoppable beast the hype is making him out to be. Very good fighter tho

I really don't know where Sergio goes from here. I'd like to see him fight a couple of the good super middleweights but he's too small.

I really don't know where Sergio goes from here. I'd like to see him fight a couple of the good super middleweights but he's too small.

Gunna...who beats him, though? None of these middleweights do...

I mean, he took Pun's best shots and made Pavlik look silly for a good portion of that fight.

Only two I honestly want to see him in that ring against is either Floyd or Cotto.

Floyd def won't happen, and Arum continues to dictate who Cotto fights these days.

Gunna...who beats him, though? None of these middleweights do...

I mean, he took Pun's best shots and made Pavlik look silly for a good portion of that fight.

Only two I honestly want to see him in that ring against is either Floyd or Cotto.

Floyd def won't happen, and Arum continues to dictate who Cotto fights these days.

He's not flawless, but he is very good he dominated Dzinziruk. Martinez deserves all the praise that Pacquiao and Donaire get perhaps even more because of the fights that he's had.

I would like to see Martinez fight Cotto (even though Martinez wins) if nothing else is available because the middleweight division doesn't have many names. However, its more likely that Cotto will have a rematch against Margarito to avenge the loss.

He's not flawless, but he is very good he dominated Dzinziruk. Martinez deserves all the praise that Pacquiao and Donaire get perhaps even more because of the fights that he's had.

I would like to see Martinez fight Cotto (even though Martinez wins) if nothing else is available because the middleweight division doesn't have many names. However, its more likely that Cotto will have a rematch against Margarito to avenge the loss.

ok IM not debating if hes very good. Ive already totally agreed with that.

LES basically said he has no flaws. I think he has plenty of holes, and most are glaring holes on defense.

he got rocked a couple times vs a 2 punch fighter who didnt change up any strategy last nite

Paul Williams Hit Sergio with anything he wanted to in Both fights.

If Dz woulda at least tried to lead with that left over martinez Jab, he may have been on to something.

30t6p3b.gif
still 'LOL' at having Buddy Mcgirt in the corner

still, Sergio's 37 yrs old too. [craig mack] he wont be around next yr. [/craig mack]

If Sergio wants to be on level with Donaire and Pacman, he's gotta go up a couple weight classes and dominate. he's beat one legit Middleweight ( a drunk Kelly Pavlik) , split 2 fights with a welter (Pun) and took a controversial Draw vs another Welterweight (kermy) and a shut out vs a 154er (Dz)
Im sorry but that dont stand up to what Pacman and Nonito are currently doing.

ok IM not debating if hes very good. Ive already totally agreed with that.

LES basically said he has no flaws. I think he has plenty of holes, and most are glaring holes on defense.

he got rocked a couple times vs a 2 punch fighter who didnt change up any strategy last nite

Paul Williams Hit Sergio with anything he wanted to in Both fights.

If Dz woulda at least tried to lead with that left over martinez Jab, he may have been on to something.

30t6p3b.gif
still 'LOL' at having Buddy Mcgirt in the corner

still, Sergio's 37 yrs old too. [craig mack] he wont be around next yr. [/craig mack]

If Sergio wants to be on level with Donaire and Pacman, he's gotta go up a couple weight classes and dominate. he's beat one legit Middleweight ( a drunk Kelly Pavlik) , split 2 fights with a welter (Pun) and took a controversial Draw vs another Welterweight (kermy) and a shut out vs a 154er (Dz)
Im sorry but that dont stand up to what Pacman and Nonito are currently doing.

That's what confused the hell out of me watching the fight, Sergei has an excellent and strong jab and I barely saw it. For some reason, Martinez has pretty decent head movement but still gets hit a lot. He beat Cintron though, he should have had the KO as well. I can see if Margarito beats Cotto again this summer, they'll match him up with Martinez at 160. I don't see any way how Sergio is #1 P4P though.

BTW, I've never been happier to see a fighter win than when Lee won last night.

Back
Top Bottom