2011 New York Jets Season Thread ( 8-8 ) SHOTTY STEPS DOWN , PLAYERS BASH SANCHEZ ....

Jets fans, been hearing good things about Jeremy Kerley. Do yall see him getting much PT at WR or will he mainly just return kicks and punts?

Jets fans, been hearing good things about Jeremy Kerley. Do yall see him getting much PT at WR or will he mainly just return kicks and punts?

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

I'm hoping he can be a spark in the KR game like Leon and Brad were.
pimp.gif

Ced I'm down to hit up the Cubs game on sat. and I'm pretty sure a few others would be down such as Mez if you posted plans in the Mets season thread.

I'll either be wearing my White Revis or my Green Sanchez.  Hoping i can pick up a Harris jersey at the stadium
pimp.gif

I'm hoping he can be a spark in the KR game like Leon and Brad were.
pimp.gif

Ced I'm down to hit up the Cubs game on sat. and I'm pretty sure a few others would be down such as Mez if you posted plans in the Mets season thread.

I'll either be wearing my White Revis or my Green Sanchez.  Hoping i can pick up a Harris jersey at the stadium
pimp.gif

Just read a great article on him this morning in the Sunday Star Ledger.

He's not gonna get a ton of PT at WR (although he should get some solid looks against HOU tomorrow with Plax out) but it looks like he's gonna run the Wildcat when we DO use it. I think we'll use it less this year because of Brad's familiarity with it last year and his leaving for BUF.

Kerley should be our #4 WR though. Everything and everyone has been saying he's been impressive at camp. Sanchez called him a "baller" and Schotty said he's "special"....let's hope they're right.

Just read a great article on him this morning in the Sunday Star Ledger.

He's not gonna get a ton of PT at WR (although he should get some solid looks against HOU tomorrow with Plax out) but it looks like he's gonna run the Wildcat when we DO use it. I think we'll use it less this year because of Brad's familiarity with it last year and his leaving for BUF.

Kerley should be our #4 WR though. Everything and everyone has been saying he's been impressive at camp. Sanchez called him a "baller" and Schotty said he's "special"....let's hope they're right.

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

Updates:

Rex Ryan for the first time appointed captains:

Offense: Sanchez, Holmes
Defense: Revis, Pouha
ST: Eric Smith

I approve the picks. Although I don't disapprove the Pouha selection, I'm still kind of surprised with guys like Scott and Leonhard who are vocal leaders in the team.
Judging by Pouha's Youtube videos online however, you can see he's very respected by the players in the team plus he's been a Jet for a while.
It'll be dope seeing the "C" on Sanchez though. Wish I can copp an authentic jersey with that "C".
I like them
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

Updates:

Rex Ryan for the first time appointed captains:

Offense: Sanchez, Holmes
Defense: Revis, Pouha
ST: Eric Smith

I approve the picks. Although I don't disapprove the Pouha selection, I'm still kind of surprised with guys like Scott and Leonhard who are vocal leaders in the team.
Judging by Pouha's Youtube videos online however, you can see he's very respected by the players in the team plus he's been a Jet for a while.
It'll be dope seeing the "C" on Sanchez though. Wish I can copp an authentic jersey with that "C".
I like them
pimp.gif

so cotchery signed with the steelers and had some stuff to say yesterday :

Cotchery: I fit with Steelers, not with Jets
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 14, 2011, 3:44 PM EDT
------------------------------------------------------------------------
AP-Jerricho Cotchery has left the Jets for the Steelers, and in addressing reporters in Pittsburgh today he said he feels like he’s now in the place where he belongs.

“It was time for a change of scenery,

so cotchery signed with the steelers and had some stuff to say yesterday :

Cotchery: I fit with Steelers, not with Jets
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 14, 2011, 3:44 PM EDT
------------------------------------------------------------------------
AP-Jerricho Cotchery has left the Jets for the Steelers, and in addressing reporters in Pittsburgh today he said he feels like he’s now in the place where he belongs.

“It was time for a change of scenery,

It is rough hearing it from a guy that everyone in the Organization said was "A JET".

There is a lot more to this then we may ever know. I know Cotch had the numbers last year of a #2 WR and has been past over twice in two seasons now for that role on the Jets.

I think he is healthy as well. And to think most of is were saying Edwards playing for 1 and half years for us is still not as good as a prison inmate that has not played, When it was Cotch that took that as the final straw.

I 100% agree with him. Again, like onewearz pretty much said. I cheer for the Green and White (Even if we had to deal with Jason Taylor for the year).

It is rough hearing it from a guy that everyone in the Organization said was "A JET".

There is a lot more to this then we may ever know. I know Cotch had the numbers last year of a #2 WR and has been past over twice in two seasons now for that role on the Jets.

I think he is healthy as well. And to think most of is were saying Edwards playing for 1 and half years for us is still not as good as a prison inmate that has not played, When it was Cotch that took that as the final straw.

I 100% agree with him. Again, like onewearz pretty much said. I cheer for the Green and White (Even if we had to deal with Jason Taylor for the year).

About an hour away until kickoff 
pimp.gif
, game is on MY9.

Win or loss, I'm just looking forward to the play of our rookies, McKnight, Wilson, and Westerman.

About an hour away until kickoff 
pimp.gif
, game is on MY9.

Win or loss, I'm just looking forward to the play of our rookies, McKnight, Wilson, and Westerman.

Back
Top Bottom