2011 NBA MVP Thread

I'm eager to see how it's spun that a moron like myself can see the kid play IN DECEMBER and predict MVP and then it actually happens.  All without these wonderful stats that mean nothing to me.  You know, cuz I must have influenced the media or something. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Still, lotta work to be done for the kid, can't let up yet.  He still needs to finish strong. 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by amel223

It would take a monumental collapse now for Rose not to win MVP. 

I hope he gets it. 

Just a wonder to watch and I know he's not done improving. 

He's already said he wants to go to work this summer on workin on a post game and he wants to continue working on his jumper. 

The work ethic of this kid is unreal, the sky's the limit. 

Word. Bron Bron better watch out. Rose could at some point jump Lebron for the premier player in the league. It can happen.
eyes.gif

Hey, it's a long shot, but if Lebron and Wade never learn to play together (I think they will) and nothing really comes of this Heat "dynasty," then it's Rose's for the taking. Especially with how good he is now and how much better he can get.

Lebron just hasn't stepped up yet. There's plenty of time though, so I'm sure he'll get his.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by amel223

It would take a monumental collapse now for Rose not to win MVP. 

I hope he gets it. 

Just a wonder to watch and I know he's not done improving. 

He's already said he wants to go to work this summer on workin on a post game and he wants to continue working on his jumper. 

The work ethic of this kid is unreal, the sky's the limit. 

Word. Bron Bron better watch out. Rose could at some point jump Lebron for the premier player in the league. It can happen.
eyes.gif

Hey, it's a long shot, but if Lebron and Wade never learn to play together (I think they will) and nothing really comes of this Heat "dynasty," then it's Rose's for the taking. Especially with how good he is now and how much better he can get.

Lebron just hasn't stepped up yet. There's plenty of time though, so I'm sure he'll get his.

Let's see: The Bulls have beaten The Lakers, Spurs, Celtics, Mavericks and swept the Heat. Derrick Rose has been instrumental in all of those games plus the whole season in general.

Rose should win it.

It's funny how people said he wasn't even the best pg in the league. Well right now, he's the best player in the league, forget position.

If you actually look at his game compared to Lebron's, one can say that Rose is actually a better offensive player than him. Think for a second about that. If you look at the array of shots in Rose's repertoire then you will see what I mean. From the 3pt line in this guy is dangerous. He has become one of the best mid range players in the league and his driving abilities are second to none. Floaters, reverse lay-ups, dunks, off the class banks, and finishing with both hands are just some of things he can do easily. Now that his shot is much improved, defenders can't just sit back and hope he doesn't drive. They have to respect his shot! Plus the way he breaks down teams (not people, teams!) is absurd. Yea maybe Lebron passes a bit better than him but it's not like Rose can't pass, in fact he's pretty good at that too.

Looking at Lebron's game one can see that it's all threes and drives. NO MID RANGE. It's crazy because he should have one, but none to be found. Lebron also isn't comfortable at posting up people, and for a person his size not to be able to do that efficiently is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, Lebron is a great player but he just doesn't have the offensive capabilities of Derrick Rose.

Now defense might be another thing.

Let's see: The Bulls have beaten The Lakers, Spurs, Celtics, Mavericks and swept the Heat. Derrick Rose has been instrumental in all of those games plus the whole season in general.

Rose should win it.

It's funny how people said he wasn't even the best pg in the league. Well right now, he's the best player in the league, forget position.

If you actually look at his game compared to Lebron's, one can say that Rose is actually a better offensive player than him. Think for a second about that. If you look at the array of shots in Rose's repertoire then you will see what I mean. From the 3pt line in this guy is dangerous. He has become one of the best mid range players in the league and his driving abilities are second to none. Floaters, reverse lay-ups, dunks, off the class banks, and finishing with both hands are just some of things he can do easily. Now that his shot is much improved, defenders can't just sit back and hope he doesn't drive. They have to respect his shot! Plus the way he breaks down teams (not people, teams!) is absurd. Yea maybe Lebron passes a bit better than him but it's not like Rose can't pass, in fact he's pretty good at that too.

Looking at Lebron's game one can see that it's all threes and drives. NO MID RANGE. It's crazy because he should have one, but none to be found. Lebron also isn't comfortable at posting up people, and for a person his size not to be able to do that efficiently is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, Lebron is a great player but he just doesn't have the offensive capabilities of Derrick Rose.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I don't think it's as clear-cut as some of you think.
at first I didnt either but this last grip of games for Bron this part of the season has been pretty polarizing that Rose should get it and deserves it.
it will have to take one hell of a feat by Lebron individually to turn some voters against Rose.... and far as the Heat go, their prolly lookin for others to step up drastically so i dont know if I would bet on Lebron singlehandedly  going off to close out the year 

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I don't think it's as clear-cut as some of you think.
at first I didnt either but this last grip of games for Bron this part of the season has been pretty polarizing that Rose should get it and deserves it.
it will have to take one hell of a feat by Lebron individually to turn some voters against Rose.... and far as the Heat go, their prolly lookin for others to step up drastically so i dont know if I would bet on Lebron singlehandedly  going off to close out the year 

Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

Rose should win it.

Ok, I've more then taken up for Rose this year, but let's slow down a little. 

Rose should win it.

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER

1) Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic
He won’t win the award, even though he’s having the finest all-around season of his career and means everything to a Magic team that has one of the league’s five best defenses with a roster that some would say features just one plus defender — Howard. He has shown, consistently, that he has refined his post game and extended his shooting range, and he has kept his shooting percentage at 60 despite carrying a heavier scoring load than ever this season.

He remains the most destructive defensive force in the game; no big man can cover more ground on a pick-and-roll or affect more shots.

He won’t win in part because defense is hard to quantify, and because of the general perception that Orlando has disappointed this season. But Howard deserves some of the blame, too. He “won

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER

1) Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic
He won’t win the award, even though he’s having the finest all-around season of his career and means everything to a Magic team that has one of the league’s five best defenses with a roster that some would say features just one plus defender — Howard. He has shown, consistently, that he has refined his post game and extended his shooting range, and he has kept his shooting percentage at 60 despite carrying a heavier scoring load than ever this season.

He remains the most destructive defensive force in the game; no big man can cover more ground on a pick-and-roll or affect more shots.

He won’t win in part because defense is hard to quantify, and because of the general perception that Orlando has disappointed this season. But Howard deserves some of the blame, too. He “won

Originally Posted by CP1708

Rose should win it.

You give a person  a foot they'll take you one step beyond ;lol
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Rose should win it.

You give a person  a foot they'll take you one step beyond ;lol
30t6p3b.gif

ok so if you guys think I've gone too far with the last bit I just wrote, tell me where I went wrong. Tell me about Lebron's mid range game or about his floaters in the lane or pull up 18 foot jumpers. Tell me what Lebron can do OFFENSIVELY that Rose cannot. Please inform me because I seem to be misguided.

shooting 3s?
Mid range?
Driving?
All around game inside out?

You guys got this wrong. Yes Lebron might be a more dominant player but offensively he doesn't have the skill set of Rose. There only a few players who have the offensive skill set like Rose or better than Rose (Carmelo Anthony has the best offensive skill set in the league, the man just has a diverse amount of moves he can do to a defender to get to the hoop, or shoot where he wants to.)

Because of Lebron's build plus skill people will say he's this or he's that. Yes he's a great player (top 3 or 2) but there are other players with better offensive skill sets than him, Rose is one of them. Really looking at the Lebron's offensive game one can see that it's just made up of those 2points I stated before: 3ptrs and drives. Because of Rose's skill set he can get his shot off anywhere he wants to on the floor, I'm not sure I can say the same for Lebron.

ok so if you guys think I've gone too far with the last bit I just wrote, tell me where I went wrong. Tell me about Lebron's mid range game or about his floaters in the lane or pull up 18 foot jumpers. Tell me what Lebron can do OFFENSIVELY that Rose cannot. Please inform me because I seem to be misguided.

shooting 3s?
Mid range?
Driving?
All around game inside out?

You guys got this wrong. Yes Lebron might be a more dominant player but offensively he doesn't have the skill set of Rose. There only a few players who have the offensive skill set like Rose or better than Rose (Carmelo Anthony has the best offensive skill set in the league, the man just has a diverse amount of moves he can do to a defender to get to the hoop, or shoot where he wants to.)

Because of Lebron's build plus skill people will say he's this or he's that. Yes he's a great player (top 3 or 2) but there are other players with better offensive skill sets than him, Rose is one of them. Really looking at the Lebron's offensive game one can see that it's just made up of those 2points I stated before: 3ptrs and drives. Because of Rose's skill set he can get his shot off anywhere he wants to on the floor, I'm not sure I can say the same for Lebron.

another thing to think about is that rose is going off without even getting the superstar treatment. he doesn't get any help from the refs whatsoever. he henevr yells and screams when the defender breathes on him

another thing to think about is that rose is going off without even getting the superstar treatment. he doesn't get any help from the refs whatsoever. he henevr yells and screams when the defender breathes on him

laugh.gif
  if you expect me to speak up on Lebron's behalf. 

Rose mid range game is much improved, and he may at one point pass Bron in terms of total package, but today, not yet.  And I know Bron's mid range is suspect.  Thing is, his forrays to the rim are damn near impossible to stop at this point, and if a guy with as you say "limited offensive abilities" is getting 26 a night, that should tell you something, right? 
wink.gif

I like Rose.  GREAT year, his game improves by the day, but he's not a better offensive weapon than Lebron just yet.  Headed that way?  I'll give you that, but not today. 

laugh.gif
  if you expect me to speak up on Lebron's behalf. 

Rose mid range game is much improved, and he may at one point pass Bron in terms of total package, but today, not yet.  And I know Bron's mid range is suspect.  Thing is, his forrays to the rim are damn near impossible to stop at this point, and if a guy with as you say "limited offensive abilities" is getting 26 a night, that should tell you something, right? 
wink.gif

I like Rose.  GREAT year, his game improves by the day, but he's not a better offensive weapon than Lebron just yet.  Headed that way?  I'll give you that, but not today. 

Don't want to be "hater" but I just don't understand how you can be top 3 candidate for mvp when your team can't even close a single game.
Seriously, please answer me. 

After seeing Rose play in the FIBA tournament, I would never have expected this type of season out of him.

Don't want to be "hater" but I just don't understand how you can be top 3 candidate for mvp when your team can't even close a single game.
Seriously, please answer me. 

After seeing Rose play in the FIBA tournament, I would never have expected this type of season out of him.

because people don't think it's his fault that his team can't close games.

It's mike millers fault. Or spo with a bad play. Or bosh. Basically lebron doesn't have enough help and nothing is his fault. for a guy who is supposed to be the best in the NBA at making his players better, his teammates get thrown under the bus a lot

because people don't think it's his fault that his team can't close games.

It's mike millers fault. Or spo with a bad play. Or bosh. Basically lebron doesn't have enough help and nothing is his fault. for a guy who is supposed to be the best in the NBA at making his players better, his teammates get thrown under the bus a lot

Back
Top Bottom