2011 NBA MVP Thread

I get your point Dland, but how can you say Nash didn't earn those MVPs. He obviously wasn't the best in the league at that time, but he fit the criteria of being the most valuable on a winning team. Just really tough for a PG to win it imo. And just to point out I am not agreeing or disagreeing if he actually deserved the award. *@$ happens.  

I get your point Dland, but how can you say Nash didn't earn those MVPs. He obviously wasn't the best in the league at that time, but he fit the criteria of being the most valuable on a winning team. Just really tough for a PG to win it imo. And just to point out I am not agreeing or disagreeing if he actually deserved the award. *@$ happens.  

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Deuce King

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Former Bulls legend Michael Jordan believes Derrick Rose is the MVP of the NBA.

[h4]More On The Bulls[/h4]
chi.gif

Can't get enough NBA news and notes? ESPNChicago.com has all the latest on the Chicago Bulls. Blog

"MVP of the season," Jordan said about Rose after the Bulls' 101-84 win over his Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday night. "He deserves it. He's playing that well. He deserves it. Without a doubt. And if he doesn't get it, now he'll see how I felt a lot of years."

Well that's pretty much the end of this years MVP debate.  If you didn't think or believe that Rose is the MVP......now you know.  I like this comment by Jordan cause not only does he say Rose is the MVP this year but that he (Jordan) should have won even more MVP awards than he received.  Gotta love it.

Cause Michael has proved time and time again he is a great evaluator of basketball talent.  That was one of the more clownish posts I've seen in a while, using MJ of all people as your reason to give a guy award, clownish
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I knew somebody was going to post something like this, it's only fitting I guess.  No matter how you want to look at it champ, when it comes to the basketball from a players/fans perspective there aren't many people that are held in higher regard than Jordan.  That being said, seeing how he has earned MULTIPLE MVP awards, I think it's safe to say he knows how and who becomes MVP.  Like I said earlier, as far as the running goes for Dwight, Lebron, Dirk, Kobe or anybody else, they'll have to wait another year.  Another time..........another place. 

Originally Posted by dland24

Something to think about..........
NBAMVPS.jpg

OBVIOUSLY, we can take out the two Steve Nash MVPs, because anyone who knows anything about basketball knows he didnt earn either of those two awards.  

If only there was someone back then screaming about it.............

30t6p3b.gif

Something to think about..........
NBAMVPS.jpg

OBVIOUSLY, we can take out the two Steve Nash MVPs, because anyone who knows anything about basketball knows he didnt earn either of those two awards.  

If only there was someone back then screaming about it.............

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Each year something differently inherently lies within a season. Players change, teams change, competition changes, rules change. So many variables. Call it a unique year, but don't try and discredit what Rose is doing or has done for the Bulls by posting those numbers.

Each year something differently inherently lies within a season. Players change, teams change, competition changes, rules change. So many variables. Call it a unique year, but don't try and discredit what Rose is doing or has done for the Bulls by posting those numbers.

And Dland...I see what you're saying, but the past should not dictate the current MVP race. I don't even care if it's used to guage, which I think is what you're trying to show everyone.

I really enjoy debating sports on NT, but to be honest, I am getting kind of burnt out debating about Rose.  Myself as well as others on here have repeatedly pointed to statistical evidence as to why Rose shouldnt be the MVP and the rebuttals have been nothing more than arbitrary analysis, assumptions and excuses.  Im not saying you 651....just in general.

And Dland...I see what you're saying, but the past should not dictate the current MVP race. I don't even care if it's used to guage, which I think is what you're trying to show everyone.

I really enjoy debating sports on NT, but to be honest, I am getting kind of burnt out debating about Rose.  Myself as well as others on here have repeatedly pointed to statistical evidence as to why Rose shouldnt be the MVP and the rebuttals have been nothing more than arbitrary analysis, assumptions and excuses.  Im not saying you 651....just in general.

It is a forgone conclusion he is winning it. Why fight it? I don't see the point. Respect the mans game and what the Bulls have become. Come June and if the Bulls get a ring would that MVP be so bad? No...

It is a forgone conclusion he is winning it. Why fight it? I don't see the point. Respect the mans game and what the Bulls have become. Come June and if the Bulls get a ring would that MVP be so bad? No...

Back
Top Bottom