2011 Hyundai Sonata Vol. R.I.P Camry, Accord, Altima, Mazda 6 etc.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

I'm talking about styling. There's nothing original about the Equus or Genesis.
When companies make mid-range priced vehicles nowadays there is hardly any change compared to the previous model (in most cases).

Let Hyundai live.

Most companies have a design language that they use for their lineup. Hyundai just rips off different styling elements of different cars and makes a mashup.

I know they have great value compared to the competition, they have great warranties, blah blah blah. But the fact is, until they get some original styling I'm not buying one.
son trippin about da most erroneous thing about da car......
laugh.gif

Like I said in that part you quoted though, I'm not trying to take a complete dump on Hyundai. They've made HUGE strides. I'm not denying that. Butfor me, I still can't get past the lack of originality in their designs, that's all. That's probably the last step Hyundai needs to take beforethey can be viewed as on par with Honda, Toyota, etc.

wow just from the pics it looks
pimp.gif
but the fact its a hyundai i might need to pass ... might reconsider though once it drops
laugh.gif

- Hyundai doesn't copy.

- There is a brand image; I don't fancy it, but it's there....It's a mish-mesh
nerd.gif

- Combine these images, somehow....and that's Hyundai...!???????!

Hyundai-ix35_2011_1280x960_wallpaper_01.jpg

Hyundai-ix-onic_Concept_2009_1280x960_wallpaper_01.jpg

Hyundai-Nuvis_Concept_2009_1280x960_wallpaper_01.jpg

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I'm talking about styling. There's nothing original about the Equus or Genesis.
Sounds like you know nothing about the auto industry, the word "originality" was kill years ago. Everybody copies or has similar styling cues, Hyundai just takes the best parts of it and recently turns out to make great looking cars.
I know a thing or two about the auto industry, pal. Like I said earlier, you can look at just about any other auto company and see similar themes in their model lineup. Of course there are gonna be some similarities between brands, as we've seen with BMW's "Bangle butt" becoming popular. That is not the case with Hyundai. They literally just mix and match design cues from other companies without adding anything of their own.
They dont add anything of their own? So you are saying they literally, take the exact same shape of other cars, mix and match it with other exact same parts of other cars, and come up with designs? These aint Spizikes.
laugh.gif

They may take inspiration from other cars, but they certainly add their own twist to it.

laugh.gif
at all these Hyundai haters.
Co-sign.

Originally Posted by raburns04

2011 Hyundai Sonata

Body by VW & BMW
Interior by Lexus (2009 RX) & Cadillac (current CTS)

I guess, just like Lexus, Hyundai will shamelessly rip off the competition until it gains its own footing. That's really the way to do it, right? Learn the rules before you know them well enough break them . . .
Lexus? Really?

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by raburns04

2011 Hyundai Sonata

Body by VW & BMW
Interior by Lexus (2009 RX) & Cadillac (current CTS)

I guess, just like Lexus, Hyundai will shamelessly rip off the competition until it gains its own footing. That's really the way to do it, right? Learn the rules before you know them well enough break them . . .
Lexus? Really?

That Q pointed at the first or second reference?

no idea's original.

most of these cars have ripped off ideas from one company or another anyway.

at that price point and with the warranty they have in place you'd be foolish to think it won't realistically compete with the Accord, Camry, etc.

esp. after the Genesis garnering Car of the Year honors in a lot of publications, people are really changing how they think of Hyundai.

Hyundai-Kia is doing very well in the US right now.

bkdan1 wrote:
dakid23 wrote:
Thats a Hyndai
eek.gif
pimp.gif

My thoughts exactly
eek.gif

I was going to post this but everyone here hates hyundai. They have been really aggressive on specials and designs and I think it will pay off. This car isvery sharp and I would deff cop over any honda, toyota, nissan, etc.

Every car made in the 2000's = Cookie Cutters.

You can't tell most cars apart on the road, now a days.

As I have gotten a lil' bit older I've realized what kind of investmests are good investments...and if you're not ballin' and in the hunt for agreat car this Sonata isn't bad at all. You can't beat what you get for that price. Especially with the said warranty etc.

Originally Posted by Jonai Number 4

You really think this will kill the Camry and Accord in terms of sales?
I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce you to Sarcasm. Sarcasm meet Jonai, Jonai meet Sarcasm.

All car companies rip each other off these days.... And the 4 door coupe is a new trend that pretty much all the brands are picking up, which was started byMercedes. That VW CC is a crap car, looks ok but is so overpriced and is just a crappy passat that runs you 30g's for a 2.0 inline 4 engine.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

I still dont understand what a 4 door coupe is.

Coupe to me = 2 doors.

It's all marketing. It's basically just a sedan with a sloped roofline in the rear like a coupe and sometimes a center console between the back seatsso it seats 4 instead of 5.

anybody got sales numbers for the genesis?

the genesis was hyped up to outsell some of the lower-end models of luxury brands, but i rarely see one on the streets.

Back
Top Bottom