2011 Hyundai Sonata Vol. R.I.P Camry, Accord, Altima, Mazda 6 etc.

I'm talking about styling. There's nothing original about the Equus or Genesis.

Originally Posted by JD617

When companies make mid-range priced vehicles nowadays there is hardly any change compared to the previous model (in most cases).

Let Hyundai live.

HOLLAKID, what the name of the black car? it is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

When companies make mid-range priced vehicles nowadays there is hardly any change compared to the previous model (in most cases).

Let Hyundai live.

Most companies have a design language that they use for their lineup. Hyundai just rips off different styling elements of different cars and makes a mashup.

I know they have great value compared to the competition, they have great warranties, blah blah blah. But the fact is, until they get some original stylingI'm not buying one.

JD617 wrote:

Let Hyundai live.

I think he means how you can easily see influences from Toyota, BMW, and Mercedes in Hyundai's designs. You have to admit the side view ofthe Sonata almost looks just like a Camry. On the other hand, all car designers borrow from one another (i.e the number of cars with a "bangle butt"now, The new 7 series lights...)

Seriously, it's still a Hyundai and it still sucks.

I noticed though, a lot of mid-range auto companies have been stepping it up recently. Almost every model I see on the street is impressive.

Originally Posted by marath0n

2dj76mr.jpg

Wake me up when Hyundai does something original.

R.I.P Camry, Accord, Altima, Mazda 6 etc.
indifferent.gif

CC was the first thing I thought of. Them boys at Hyundai are sly.

Yall mofos actin like VW did something original. Did we all forget about this?
mercedes-cls-350-vorne_high1.jpg

laugh.gif
@ yall thinkin no one else can do a 4-door coupe. If there's anaudience, people will make them.

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

2dj76mr.jpg

indifferent.gif

http://marineyismarina.fi...-cls-350-vorne_high1.jpg src="http://marineyismarina.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/mercedes-cls-350-vorne_high1.jpg">
laugh.gif
@ yall thinkin no one else can do a 4-door coupe. If there's an audience, people will make them.

You're not getting it. Mercedes started the 4-door coupe trend with the CLS, and VW followed with their own entry, the CC, THAT HAS ITS OWN VW DESIGN CUES.It's not a blatant rip off of the CLS. It's just another entry in the 4-door coupe segment. The Sonata on the other hand is a shameful rip-off of theCC's design.

2dj76mr.jpg

indifferent.gif

mercedes-cls-350-vorne_high1.jpg

laugh.gif
@ yall thinkin no one else can do a 4-door coupe. If there's an audience, people will make them.

Thats the first car that came to mind. The interior dash looks exactly like a lexus rx/infiniti m hybrid
laugh.gif
with mercedes seat control's, the outsidelooks very similar to the CLS, and the back end of the car looks like a bmw 3 series coupe. I drove a hyundai back in 2005 as a loaner, and ill tell you theybuild solid feeling cars, I wouldn't mind pushing one if the reliability was there and just drive it into the ground but they lack originality in every waywhich im not to fond of.

2dj76mr.jpg

indifferent.gif

http://marineyismarina.fi...-cls-350-vorne_high1.jpg src="http://marineyismarina.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/mercedes-cls-350-vorne_high1.jpg">
laugh.gif

You're not getting it. Mercedes started the 4-door coupe trend with the CLS, and VW followed with their own entry, the CC, THAT HAS ITS OWN VW DESIGN CUES. It's not a blatant rip off of the CLS. It's just another entry in the 4-door coupe segment. The Sonata on the other hand is a shameful rip-off of the CC's design.

CC's rip off ??.... nahh

its more of 4-door coupe of cls with toyota solara front.

- The official 2011 Hyundai Sonata is a disappointment; particularly when you consider the design of the concept vehicle.

- There's only so much you can do with design concerning a standard 3-box (trunk, greenhouse, engine compartment) vehicle. Most sedans are similar; designdifferences generally emerge from fascia design element highlights (grille, headlights, air dam/spoiler, etc.). It seems as though everything possible withthe arrangement of these elements has already been done to death by all manufacturers; only thing left is vehicle shape.
nerd.gif

8817838.jpg

4422469.jpg

7937678.jpg

7102633.jpg

- The concept was crazy, but cost prohibitive in the current economic climate...
- 10-15 years from now, current concept pictures should be reality
pimp.gif
(suspension height,rim size, sheet-metal design)

7556866.jpg

2173306.jpg

Back
Top Bottom