2011 ESCALADE INFO??

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

HOVKid wrote:
Originally Posted by xx Name Brand xx

Get her into another Escalade for the time being.  If the GL550 is an option I'd look at those also. I would say look at Cayennes and MLs but I think both of those models are getting new body styles by next year. I haven't seen that grey color on an Escalade before, it looks clean.

Out of the ones you mentioned the GL550 is the only other one she's consider.  The Cayenne and ML are both small and the ML's are just weaksause to begin with.  The GL looks like a minivan to me though so I don't want her to get that.

Can anyone think of anything else I can suggest to her?
Audi Q7 or the Infiniti QX56. The QX56 is a big vehicle with luxury and a powerful engine...nice interior as well. Wife types love these...see them at the Country Club as an alternative to the GL's, ML's, and some of the others you mentioned.

Was just about to suggest the QX56. A friend of mine has one and absolutely loves it.

23811800001_large.jpg

audi-q7-v12-tdi.jpg

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

A G class is the only other Luxury SUV out there my dude
Umm, no. Like I said the Infiniti QX56 and the Audi Q7 are also luxury SUV's. Heck the Q7 even has a V12 model.
I dont consider an Infiniti Luxury
I didnt name the Audi cause you said no Cayenne, forgetting about the extra 2 seats.
Lexus LX ? I wasnt thinking clear

Umm, no. Like I said the Infiniti QX56 and the Audi Q7 are also luxury SUV's. Heck the Q7 even has a V12 model.

The QX56 is a good idea.  I'll take her to see that this weekend. 

She don't roll with the Q7 cause it looks too muchh like a station wagon.  I agree with her.  I also drive a 2009 Audi A4 and I don't want to get 2 cars that basically have the same interior.

I dont consider an Infiniti Luxury
I didnt name the Audi cause you said no Cayenne, forgetting about the extra 2 seats.
Lexus LX ? I wasnt thinking clear
You don't have to consider Infiniti luxury, BUT it is officially classified as a luxury car brand and their flagship offerings are luxury (M56, QX56).

Originally Posted by Crumbs

Shes a damn fool if shed take a Escalade over an M5

You're a damn fool if you think everybody wants an M5. Do you know how awful the fuel economy is on those and how dang jerky the Sequential Manual gearbox is on that sucker not to mention a relatively harsh ride? Sure as a male that loves speed and handling and the thought of a high revving V10 I would LOVE an M5, but most wives would not like it for all of those reasons listed. NT kills me with the whole M obsession.

A lot of women like the feeling of security, and a big, high off the ground SUV tends to lend that to them.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
At the thought of a wife/mom with a 500HP sports sedan.
real talk lol... my chick has her heart set on a escalade but after riding in my 335i cpe really likes it.... but not for the engine, smooth ride, handling, says it feels secure on the inside even though its a small car.

HOVKid, have you all considered the BMW X6.. its kind of "different" but hell thats why i like it... and theres not a million of them on the road.

11tx3l3.jpg

devil.gif

If i had to buy an SUVI'd buy a toyota sequioa, but I'm just your average joe flying on the low
2010-toyota-sequoia-exterior.jpg

^^^After all the latest things with Toyota I won't put her and my children in a Toyota or a Lexus. 

I talked to her and showed her the QX56 online.  She likes it but like the Escalade interior better.  Looks like it's gonna be that Escalade....going Saturday to get it.  She's crazy.  An M5 with the 2 child seats in the back?  She'd be ballin!

Oh, and as for the X6, if she thinks the X5 is too small she's gonna think the X6 is waaay too small.  I tried to convince her to get the X5 M (thing is a beast) and she said no way...too small:

10_bmw_x5m.jpg

2010-bmw-x5-m-rear-588x441.jpg

sick.gif

imagine the mileage on that beast...

Shes a damn fool if shed take a Escalade over an M5

You're a damn fool if you think everybody wants an M5. Do you know how awful the fuel economy is on those and how dang jerky the Sequential Manual gearbox is on that sucker not to mention a relatively harsh ride? Sure as a male that loves speed and handling and the thought of a high revving V10 I would LOVE an M5, but most wives would not like it for all of those reasons listed. NT kills me with the whole M obsession.

A lot of women like the feeling of security, and a big, high off the ground SUV tends to lend that to them.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
At the thought of a wife/mom with a 500HP sports sedan.
And your making assumptions that i think M anything is greater than everything...
You come back with fuel economy? I don't think he mentioned hes buying a Hybrid Escalade and last I heard Escalades weren't getting 30mpg anywhere. Fuel efficiency is not part of this equation. So that was pointless. Additionally i think Hovkid has previously mentioned how the escalade hasnt been a easy to manage vehicle for his wife as shes been if a fendor bender or what have you. A sedan be it V10 would be a easier handle just based on size. I doubt how "harsh" the ride is would matter much. Whats wrong with a women behind the wheel of a sports sedan anyway? Are they not allowed to drive a car if it has a "M" or "S" badge?

Originally Posted by Sputnik

why lease though?

she wants a new one every 36-39 months

Boom....

Plus, after 3 years is when crap starts going wrong with cars.  I don't buy cars.  I'll never own the same car long enough to pay it off anyway....this way we each get new cars every 3 years and I don't deal with trade ins, etc.

lots of reports out there indicate SUVs are no safer than cars. One feels safer and that lends many to take their focus off the road.. Just be careful out there. It may be more illusion than anything else

Originally Posted by HOVKid

ElderWatsonDiggs wrote:

gangsta207therevolution wrote:

She don't roll with the Q7 cause it looks too muchh like a station wagon.  I agree with her.  I also drive a 2009 Audi A4 and I don't want to get 2 cars that basically have the same interior.

So are you saying you drive an A4 (which is a very nice car and had to choose between it and an is) and she is driving a $65,000+ truck...I hope you were the one who married rich...

pics or ducktale
grin.gif

Don't be responsible for putting another woman on the road behind the wheel of a suv/truck. Get her a car or get her a bike.

Women driving big vehicles is the worst.

Originally Posted by agold1002

Originally Posted by HOVKid

ElderWatsonDiggs wrote:

gangsta207therevolution wrote:

So are you saying you drive an A4 (which is a very nice car and had to choose between it and an is) and she is driving a $65,000+ truck...I hope you were the one who married rich...

pics or ducktale
grin.gif

He's legit, no need for "pics or prove". He's NT's resident counsel.

He's legit, no need for "pics or prove". He's NT's resident counsel.

Aite ill take your word but this dude loves to tell everyone his wife has an escalade. ive heard it like in like 5 differnt threads
laugh.gif

seriously though who in your family makes the greater salary? no disrespect in any way

Back
Top Bottom