2010 Official Boxing Thread: Soto/Antillon, 2010 Fight of the Year.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

USS CUNNINGHAM. NEW IBF CHAMP!!!!
pimp.gif
......contract w/Sauerland garauntees him at least 4 fights a year so we should be seeing USS back in the ring soon.  

I called this eaaaaaaaarrrly.

I wonder...would Pac fight MAC at Jr. Middle. It'd give him another title in another weightclass...

I head BJ Flores said he wants to fight USS I nearly fell off my stool last night
laugh.gif

Great atmosphere last night, probably top three I've ever been to. Vanes took it to Joe Greene but Greene was basically just trying to load up the left. He has the height to stay in fights at 154 so we'll see. Cotto looked great. Footwork was really improved. Finally showed some great body shots although far and in between. Foreman got a ton of respect for continuing with the fight, even the PR fans were cheering.

I'm watching the replay now and they have this lady sitting press row who has the Sean Penn haircut from Carlito's Way
laugh.gif

Cotto
pimp.gif
So glad he's bounced back because otherwise I really don't know what would have become of his career. 

He looked great and it seems Steward has helped, especially with his footwork and balance which he mentioned they worked on a lot and you could see them doing so in their training vids.  I really thought Foreman was going to be a bad style match up but Cotto was clearly outboxing him and seemed to be on his way to a decision or possible late round stoppage.  I know he got the stoppage but Foreman's knee obviously played a big role in that.  I don't even think he was that hurt from that body shot as he got up within about 6-7 seconds.

I had money on the fight going to the 8th round and it seemed everything was going smoothly then my heart skipped a beat when his knee went out
laugh.gif
  I still can't believe the fight went on and into the next round. 

Foreman showed a lot of heart by continuing but it was almost painful to watch and I'm glad it eventually got stopped.  I just hope the knee injury isn't going to hinder his career too much.

[table][tr][th=""]
Saturday at New York
[/th][/tr][tr][td]
Junior middleweight
Miguel Cotto TKO9 Yuri Foreman
Wins a junior middleweight title
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Records: Cotto, 35-2, 28 KOs; Foreman, 28-1, 8 KOs
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Rafael's remark: Cotto is usually a humble man, but he was proud after his win against Foreman, a bizarre on to be sure, but one that gave the Puerto Rican star a title in his third weight class -- junior middleweight, welterweight and junior welterweight. "I proved this night, everybody who said Miguel Cotto was finished, everybody failed," Cotto said. He was right on the money. There were many who had viewed the 29-year-old Cotto as damaged goods following a series of hard fight, especially after the pounding he took over the second half of his last fight, a 12th-round knockout against Manny Pacquiao in November. But Cotto showed that he's still a force, especially when his opponent can't back him up.

Foreman, 29, is a rabbinical student who was born in Belarus, immigrated to Israel and then New York, and became the first orthodox Jew to own a world title in 70-something years. His story got a lot of play leading up to the fight, but it didn't help him in the ring. In his first title defense, he never could back Cotto up. Nor could Foreman keep his legs under him.

Cotto was already in command of the fight in the seventh round when Foreman's right knee simply gave out and he crashed to the canvas twice. He was obviously injured, but showed a great heart by going on as best as he could. Since Foreman never has had any sort of knockout punch, he was in double the trouble because he typically relies on his legs and jab. Now, he couldn't move well or plant down to throw his jab. So it was only a matter of time until Cotto finished the job. The crazy part was that most people thought the fight had ended in the eighth round when, with Foreman hobbling around -- but in no apparent worse shape than he was in the previous round or the first half of that round -- his trainer, Joe Grier, launched a white towel into the ring to call off the fight. All of a sudden, the ring filled with the corners and officials and the fighters even embraced. But the one man charged with stopping the fight did not agree. Referee Arthur Mercante Jr. made the decision to continue the fight. It was a gutsy call, but the right one in that moment. Foreman clearly wanted to continue and he was still fighting back, albeit with an injury. But it was no different than if a fighter was fighting through a cut or a hand injury. He's a fighter and he wasn't in any more danger than another fighter who goes on with other injuries. So after a delay of a couple of minutes, the ring was cleared and the fight amazingly resumed. Gotta give Foreman a lot of credit for the heart he showed as he made for the most entertaining fight of his career, one in which he had been slammed by many critics (yes, an ESPN.com writer included) for his boring style. Now, he'll be a bigger star than he ever was before. Foreman made it through the rest of the eighth, but in the ninth, still hobbling, Cotto caught him with a vintage left hook to the body that sent him down and Mercante called it off. Since the crowd of 20,272 was mostly pro-Cotto, there were hundreds of Puerto Rican flags waiving as the crowd cheered Cotto's return triumphant return, one for which new trainer, Hall of Famer Emanuel Steward, deserves much credit.

Now, Cotto has options -- stay at 154 or return to 147. There are interesting fights in both divisions. Cotto, a money-generating star attraction, will have a lot suitors. He could rematch with Pacquiao if Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather isn't made. He could rematch with Antonio Margarito, who handed him his first loss. He could fight Andre Berto, Sergio Martinez, you name it. Cotto has always fought the best and isn't about to stop.

Despite the weird stop and start of the fight in the eighth round, it was overall a glorious return of boxing to Yankee Stadium, which was hosting a fight for the first time since Muhammad Ali outpointed Ken Norton in their heavyweight championship rematch in 1976 at the old stadium across the street. Top Rank's Bob Arum, who promotes Cotto and Foreman, also promoted that fight, so it's a credit to him and his company that he could return boxing to such a hallowed venue. The fight was as much about connecting with the past as it was about trying to help re-invigorate boxing in the stadium setting. Arum brought boxing to new Cowboys Stadium outside of Dallas in March, when more than 50,000 watched Pacquiao outpoint Joshua Clottey.

But Yankee Stadium has more history with the sweet science than Dallas, hosting its 47th fight card between the new ballpark and the old one that closed after the 2008 baseball season. Boxing was a staple at the old Yankee Stadium from the 1920 through the 1950s. Before Ali-Norton returned boxing there after an extended break, the roster of legends who fought there includes Joe Louis, Sugar Ray Robinson, Rocky Marciano, Jack Dempsey, Benny Leonard, Harry Greb, Henry Armstrong, Ezzard Charles, Sandy Sadler, Willie Pep and Carmen Basilio. On this night, it was a return to the past. And what a night it was.
[/td][/tr]

[tr][td][/td][/tr]
Junior middleweight
Vanes Martirosyan W10 Joe Greene
Scores: 98-91, 96-93 (twice)

[tr][td]Records: Martirosyan, 28-0, 17 KOs; Greene, 22-1, 14 KOs
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Rafael's remark: Martirosyan and Greene, both standout amateurs and 24-year-old rising pro contenders, made their HBO debuts on a big card knowing the winner could take a big step forward in their career. As matchmaker Brad "Abdul" Goodman, who is with Martirosyan promoter Top Rank, said before the fight: "You're going to know where both guys stand. You'll know which guy is real or not." Based on their fight, Martirosyan is the one who is "real" after outboxing Greene in a lackluster fight that elicited booing from the Yankee Stadium crowd after it was over. Not much to write home about in this one. Martirosyan, a 2004 U.S. Olympian from Glendale, Calif., by way of Armenia, was the one trying to make the fight. Greene, however, didn't seem to want any part of that. He didn't throw enough punches to make any kind of statement or enough to win more than a couple of early rounds of the sloppy fight. Both guys were warned for low blows and Greene, especially, spent more time complaining to referee Steve Smoger than trying to mix it up with his opponent. Martirosyan, who had faced much better opposition, scored a knockdown in the 10th round when he landed a right hand behind Greene's head. Frankly, Smoger probably shouldn't have called the knockdown because it was not a legal blow, but it hardly mattered. Greene was way behind on points. At least when it was over, Greene admitted that he had lost because he had not been busy enough. Although Martirosyan did not look particularly good, he put himself in position for a bigger fight later this year. He would like to fight for a title or even against Paul Williams. With the muscle of Top Rank and Martirosyan manager Shelly Finkel, it wouldn't be a surprise to see Martirosyan get a significant fight before the end of the year.
[/td][/tr]

[/table][table][tr][th=""]
Saturday at Neubrandenburg, Germany
[/th][/tr][tr][td]
Middleweight
Sebastian Sylvester D12 Roman Karmazin
Retains a middleweight title
Scores: 118-111 Sylvester, 117-111 Karmazin, 114-114
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Records: Sylvester, 33-3-1, 16 KOs; Karmazin, 40-3-1, 26 K
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Rafael's remark: Well, how about a little controversy? The dramatic difference in scorecards was pretty surprising. It probably boiled down to the personal preference of the judges. Matthew Podgorski, who voted 117-111 for Karmazin, probably liked the fact that he was busier with his punches. John Lawson, who voted 118-11 for Sylvester, probably saw the German titlist landing heavier blows even though he maybe wasn't landing as many punches as Russia's Karmazin, a former junior middleweight titleholder. Judge Pasquale Procopio called it even. He couldn't make up his mind on which style to favor, but his scorecard seemed like the most realistic. So there you go -- a legitimately close fight with wildly divergent scorecards in a mandatory fight that deserves a sequel. Why not? It's not like middleweight is loaded with major fights the public is interested in.

Sylvester, fighting in front of his hometown fans and making the second defense of the vacant belt he won in September, did close stronger than Karmazin, but those late rounds do not count for anything more than the early ones. Sylvester, who did land many excellent right hands, naturally, thought he had done enough to win, saying afterward, "It was a close, a tough fight. … I think I was up a few rounds." For Karmazin, who earned the mandatory shot with a come-for-behind 10th-round knockout of Dionisio Miranda in a January ESPN2 fight, performed well but only wound up with a badly swollen, cut left eye and disappointment. Of course, he also thought he won the fight. "It was a close encounter," he said. "I had problems to find my rhythm in the first round because I got a thumb into my eye early. In Round 6 I had problems with my liver so I really had to hang in there between Round 6 and 10 not to lose my focus. I felt I threw more punches and should have won the fight."
[/td][/tr]

[tr][td][/td][/tr]
Cruiserweight
Steve Cunningham TKO5 Troy Ross
Wins a vacant cruiserweight title
[tr][td]Records: Cunningham, 23-2, 12 KO ;Ross, 23-2, 16 KOs
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Rafael's remark: Philadelphia's Cunningham, 33, became a two-time cruiserweight titleholder with the stoppage win against Canada's Ross, a two-time Olympian and the winner of the last season of "The Contender" reality series. After Tomasz Adamek gave up his title, Cunningham was scheduled to fight Matt Godfrey for the vacant belt, but Godfrey pulled out. A few days later Cunningham's contract with promoter Don King expired and he eventually signed with Germany's Sauerland Event, which promotes several quality cruiserweights. Sauerland quickly made a deal to bring Ross, the next leading available contender, to Germany for the fight, an excellent one on paper. It turned out to be a good fight, but with a highly unsatisfying ending.

They fought at a quick pace in a competitive fight, although Ross seemed to get the better of Cunningham, who, by the way, owns victories against the other reigning titleholders (Marco Huck, Guillermo Jones and Krzysztof Wlodarczyk). Midway through the fourth round, Ross fired a straight left hand that caught Cunningham on the chin and dropped him to his backside. When the fight resumed, Cunningham landed a left hand that caught Ross on the left eye. Ross was clearly in pain, but finished the round. It was a close call on the replays, but it appeared as though part of the thumb on Cunningham's glove had caught Ross' eye, opening a nasty cut in the lower corner of his eye. Cunningham certainly didn't use his thumb on purpose, and moments after the bell rang to begin the fifth round, referee Bill Clancy had the ringside doctor examine Ross' swelling and bleeding eye. He recommended that the fight be stopped and when it was, Cunningham, who had just won another title, didn't even look happy about it due to the circumstances.

What a total bummer for Ross, who had scored a clean knockdown moments earlier and was certainly in a good position. According to Sauerland Event, Ross was scheduled to have surgery on the eye. This one begs for a rematch if Ross is able to fight again.
[/td][/tr]

[/table]

[table][tr][th=""]
Saturday at Istanbul
[/th][/tr][tr][td]
Welterweight
Selcuk Aydin W12 Ionut "Jo Jo" Dan
Wins a vacant interim welterweight title
Scores: 114-113 (twice) Aydin, 116-111 Dan
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Records: Aydin, 20-0, 15 KOs; Dan, 26-1, 14 KOs
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Rafael's remark: All along, Aydin and Luis Collazo were supposed to meet for the WBC's interim title -- now laughably called the silver title -- because full titlist Andre Berto was given permission to face Shane Mosley. As we know now, that fight never came off. We also know that after various deals fell through, Collazo decided he was no longer interested in the fight. So a few weeks ago, Dan, 28, a Romanian living in Canada and fighting primarily as a junior welterweight, got the opportunity and went to Aydin's home country for the bout. He left after losing a controversial decision. Although Aydin was fighting for the first time in 11 months -- a layoff caused by the constant changes in the delay of his mandatory shot against Berto and the on-again, off-again Collazo fight -- he started quickly and scored a first-round knockdown when he connected with a right hand to Dan's head. Dan shook it off and went to work and controlled most of the rounds through the first half of the bout. He was the boxer in this match and busier while Aydin, 26, who was the stronger brawler and heavier puncher. When the result was announced and Aydin was declared the winner of the bogus title, it set of a wild scene in the crowd of about 10,000. Guess they don't care that Aydin's title is as fake as a $3 bill. But whatever. Arena Box promoter Ahmet Öner, who handles Aydin, said the crowd was the biggest ever for a fight in Turkey, so don't be surprised to see Aydin continue to fight there, where the fans don't know the difference between Berto's title and Aydin's.
[/td][/tr]

Saturday at Acapulco, Mexico
[/th][/tr][tr][td]
Bantamweight
Edgar Sosa KO2 Roberto Leyva
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Records: Sosa, 38-6, 22 KOs; Leyva, 27-12-1, 21 KOs
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Rafael's remark: In November 2007, Sosa defended his junior flyweight title against former strawweight titlist and Mexican countryman Leyva, stopping him in the fourth round. In the rematch, Sosa, 30, made shorter work of Leyva, 30, who is really on the down side of his career as he dropped to 1-6 in his last seven fights. Sosa, who plans to fight at flyweight, was a career-heavy 116 pounds as he took out Leyva at 1 minute, 12 seconds. Sosa was fighting for the first time since Rodel Mayol relieved him of his junior flyweight title on a second-round TKO. It was a controversial stoppage because the knockout came right after a severe head butt broke Sosa's cheekbone and made him unsteady. Sosa had surgery to repair the injury and showed no ill-effects from it against Leyva. Now, Sosa is targeting a shot against flyweight titlist Pongsaklek Wonjongkam.
[/td][/tr]

Friday at Miami
[/th][/tr][tr][td]
Junior middleweight
Yudel Jhonson TKO8 Juliano Ramos
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Records: Jhonson, 7-0, 5 KOs; Ramos, 16-4, 13 KOs
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Rafael's remark: Jhonson won a 2004 Olympic silver medal for Cuba before defecting in February 2009 and turning pro three months later. Already 29 and on the fast track after an extensive amateur career, Jhonson looked very good breaking down Ramos in a lopsided destruction in the ESPN2 "Friday Night Fights" main event. Jhonson, a southpaw fighting his first scheduled 10-rounder, came out fast and battered Ramos throughout the fight. He's a fluid puncher who throws crisp combinations, which he abused Ramos with. He opened a cut over Ramos' left eye in the seventh round and in the eighth round, although there was no specific big punch that landed, referee Tellis Assimenios stepped in to stop it after yet another left hand landed flush with 20 seconds left in the round. It was more of a mercy stoppage than anything else and was certainly an appropriate call. Jhonson has a ton of talent and could rise through the ranks quickly. Brazil's Juliano Ramos, 30, has lost three of his last four and doesn't have much left. Each of the losses in the recent run came by knockout to quality opponents: Jhonson, former titlist Kermit Cintron and hot prospect Mike Jones.
[/td][/tr]

[tr][td][/td][/tr]
Welterweight
Brad Soloman W10 Kenny Galarza
Scores: 100-89 (twice), 99-90
[tr][td]Records: Soloman, 12-0, 4 KOs; Galarza, 13-1, 13 KOs
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Rafael's remark: This was an excellent match on paper, because it was between undefeated prospects with different styles. Soloman, 27, of Lafayette, La., was a late starter to boxing at age 18, picking it up while he was incarcerated. The three-time National Golden Gloves winner is a technician with good movement. Galarza, 24, a standout amateur in Puerto Rico, is more of an aggressive fighter who likes to mix it up and use his outstanding power to end fights early. Solomon's style won out and did so rather easily. It was not a shock that he would win the fight, but it was very surprising to see him completely dominate and pitch the near-shutout. He had Galarza frustrated throughout the fight as he boxed, moved and basically drove him crazy. Galarza spent most of the fight just trying to walk to him to punch rather than using a jab to work his way in. It was a recipe for disaster for Galarza, who lost a point in the sixth round when he launched a combination below the belt. Good win for Soloman, his third fight in four months. Tough loss for Galarza, who was in his third fight in six months.
[/td][/tr]

Friday at Tampa
[/th][/tr][tr][td]
Lightweight
Mercito Gesta TKO4 Oscar Meza
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Records: Gesta, 18-0, 8 KOs; Meza, 19-4, 17 KOs
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Rafael's remark: Gesta, a 22-year-old prospect from the Philippines, got his first national television exposure in the main event on Telemundo and made the most of it in a good performance. Gesta was in control in the fourth round when he dug a left hand to Meza's body. Meza turned to the side and took several steps toward a corner before he dropped to a knee and took a count for a knockdown with one of the longest delayed reactions you will ever see. Meza made it to his feet, but Gesta nailed him with a left hand right after the fight resumed and he went staggering into a corner, where Gesta teed off on him as the round came to an end. In between rounds, Meza retired on his stool -- probably an excellent decision. Gesta looks like an interesting prospect to keep an eye on. Meza, 23, of Mexico, lost for the second time in three fights, also losing to Top Rank prospect Brandon Rios, who stopped him in the fifth round in May 2009.
[/td][/tr]

[/table]

[table][tr][th=""]
Friday at Hattersheim, Germany
[/th][/tr][tr][td]
Heavyweight
Juan Carlos Gomez W8 Oezcan Cetinkaya
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Records: Gomez, 47-2, 26 KOs; Cetinkaya, 17-7-1, 11 KOs
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Rafael's remark: In March 2009, Gomez was routed by Vitali Klitschko in a heavyweight title challenge. Klitschko won virtually every round and knocked him out in the ninth round. So Gomez, 36, a former cruiserweight titleholder and Cuban defector to Germany, has been on the comeback trail. He's now won three in a row since the loss as he outboxed Cetinkaya, 32, a Turk living in Germany, in a no-frills fight. Cetinkaya dropped to 2-3 in his last five bouts. There is talk of Gomez returning to action quickly with a fight against Brazil's Rafael Zumbano on a card being planned for June 26 in Atlanta.
[/td][/tr][/table]

berto said he would move up in weight to fight cotto... LOL

arum starting to run his mouth on PBF now, i could of swore he said he would shut up and not say anything

Open Letter From Marcos Maidana
Posted by Joe Roche on 06.07.2010

Maidana wants to clear the air about something -- namely Timothy Bradley.

Dear boxing fans and press members,

The last time you have seen me I was celebrating my first victory in Las Vegas, as I knocked out Victor Cayo last March 27 on HBO and thus I proudly retained the WBA Interim Super Lightweight title for the second time. I can`t tell you how happy I was as my career seemed to go the right direction. That night I thought I was establishing a name for myself in the US and new great opportunities were coming for me after that.

However, a series of unexpected events have unfolded ever since affecting me to the point that even retirement crossed my mind. However, I consider myself a true warrior, so I will fight for my rights until the end. I know most of you may be surprised to hear that. Surely, not as much surprised as I am myself, of course.

First of all, let me make it clear that I am in perfect health condition, so nothing of this has anything to do with injuries or any medical problems. I only have very serious managerial problems that have led me to a huge disappointment and uncertainty regarding my future.

For the last two months and to this date I remained in silence as I was trusting that certain people would deliver their promises to straighten things up. They did not.

A few days after the Cayo fight I was resting in Buenos Aires and suddenly I learned through boxing web sites that I was scheduled to fight Timothy Bradley on June 19 in Aguacaliente, California. Then I called my now former manager Mario Margossian and he confirmed that he had in fact agreed that fight with both Golden Boy Promotions and HBO.

I was pissed as I had never been informed about any previous negotiations in that regard.

On the other hand, I turned the offer down as Margossian offered me little money for a fight of this magnitude. Then, the next day I again learned from boxing web sites that the date has been moved (without my approval, once again), this time for July 17 mentioning that I was recovering from a back injury, which was a lie.

I talked with Margossian again and he tried to convince me by offering me little more money, but at that point I became suspicious and I told him I would not take the fight, which it was always far from being formally accepted from me as I have never signed a contract, whatsoever.

I want to make it clear, however, that Golden Boy Promotions and HBO have both acted in good faith all along on this matter as I never had any direct contact with them or any other promoters involved in the Bradley fight at that point.

Now I know that they had made a reasonable offer for me to face Bradley, but that offer was significantly different when it came to me.

From that point on I started to find out that many other things regarding my career were not right so I put the case in the hands of my lawyers. Last May 12 I have notified Margossian about my irreversible decision to terminate the contract that we had, for which I had designated him as my manager.

On the other hand, there seems to be a huge mystery and confusion regarding possible existent contracts between myself and Golden Boy Promotions and or Universum Box Promotions, which happen to have a partnership. Both claim that they have contracts with me. Unfortunately, my former manager has never given me any originals or even copies of the contracts that I have signed or of those which he may have signed on my behalf during the last few years, so I have no way to verify what my situation is right now.

That is why early on last May I went directly to Golden Boy Promotions, and through phone conversations they promised me they would send me every alleged contract that they have. This was ratified during a personal meeting with Eric Gomez that took place last May 27 in Santa Fe, Argentina. They promised me to be perfectly clear and transparent, but they did not deliver as they finally decided not to reveal the contracts. I have not received anything from them.

Therefore, if Golden Boy Promotions or Universum Box Promotions have any contracts that link me with them, I publicly ask them to urgently show them to me and my team as my former manager Margossian would not for sure. If everything if perfectly clear and legal as they claim, what is the problem with showing all the papers to me?

I am sure that Oscar de la Hoya himself will totally understand me as a fellow colleague. I have a team in Argentina that is supporting me and giving me the right advice now, so I ask Oscar to take the matter in his own hands and meet with us to clarify the whole thing along with Universum. Otherwise, if they do not have any contracts that link me with them or if they are not interested in me, let me know it for real and I will continue with my career. I would be hugely disappointed if Oscar allows for my career to be interrupted or damaged whatsoever. I know he will not.

In all, I want to tell everybody that I would be delighted to face Bradley or any other world champions – especially, Amir Khan who is my mandatory as per WBA rules – as long as I get fair conditions (the right money and time to prepare myself).

Every one in boxing knows that I had to go the hard way to become the WBA Super Lightweight champion. First, by going to Germany to face local Andreas Kotelnik and then by going to Los Angeles to fight Victor Ortiz. That speaks for itself about me not ducking anyone, doesn't it? I'm not scared to square off in the ring with anybody. I'm proud of being the WBA world champion and I'm hungry to face the best out there. But give me a fair treatment to do so, just as they do with other champions.

I want my fans to keep their faith in me and thank them for all the support that I am receiving, for which I'll be grateful forever. God bless you all and see you in my next fight.

whtachu guys think of unbeaten cuban heavywight Odlanier Solis, he beat hayes in the olympics smh at the slurping from the announcers "the cuban" smh cant even say his name

Somebody please school me on Paul Williams.    

I've heard his name alot recently, but haven't seen him in action  

That's a crummy situation for Maidana to be in, if everything there is true. Even if he gets it resolved this week, what are the chances he thinks 6 weeks is enough time to train for a July 31st fight with Khan and that he gets the right money to go into England to fight him?

Speaking about Alexander, Roach says “Who is Devon Alexander anyway? We’ve seen him on TV. I’ve seen him once and I didn’t see anything special.

Since Golden boy promotes Khan if they get it worked out 6wks should be enough time if he is in the gym anyway . But considering Khan just fought a couple weeks ago it probably would get pushed back till august/sept .

As far as Solis goes he has the skillset but i think he should lose some weight

Well he has been saying that he wants to fight July 31st and make it a split site PPV with JMM/Diaz 2 and Roach has said he wants him in the gym next week if he wants to keep that date so I'm guessing they're both assuming he'll be ready.

IBF/WBC junior welterweight champion Devon Alexander was on hand at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas to watch Marcos Maidana's six round stoppage of unbeaten Victor Cayo. Alexander's manager, Kevin Cunningham, wanted to congratulate Maidana for his victory.

"Bring on Maidana!  It would be a modern day Sugar Ray Leonard versus Roberto Duran. Devon turned to me and said 'this guy really is dangerous. Now I see why the other fighters are running from him, but get me that fight,'" Cunningham told BoxingScene.com.

Alexander has an August HBO date reserved but an opponent has not been solidified.

smh.gif
Casamayor
I bet u next fight for Khan will be Juan Diaz

Tell Roach put Khan in with Berto or Judah at 140. see what excuses he comes up with.

D. Alexander proved alot to me when he fought Urango. HE took alot of Hard Hooks and kept trucking and then KO's his *%+.

I like Freddie Roach as a trainer but he talks constant non sense

Speaking of protected fighters:

Jacobs to fight Pirog for WBO belt

By Dan Rafael
ESPN.com

When middleweight Daniel Jacobs, the 2009 ESPN.com prospect of the year, got a phone call from Golden Boy promoter Richard Schaefer and manager Al Haymon on Sunday telling him he was going to get a shot at a world title, he couldn't contain his emotions. "Whenever Al calls me it's usually with good news, so when he called me and he also had Richard on the line, too, I knew I was going to go crazy," Jacobs told ESPN.com on Monday. "They gave me the word and I screamed. I was so excited. It was a really good feeling." They told Jacobs (20-0, 17 KOs) that he would be facing Russia's Dmitry Pirog (16-0, 13 KOs) for a vacant title on July 31 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

box_g_jacobs01_65.jpg
I feel blessed. A lot of people in my position, coming where I come from, to get an opportunity like this is one in a million.

laugh.gif
read that yesterday, two of the most undeserving fighters to fight for a belt.  Ain't like MW is that deep anyways.

Roger has said that Floyd isn't taking two years off and that he was just talking %%@% because it was too quiet.  Ellerbe's advisor has come out and said that despite Arum and Roach saying that talks are ongoing, they have not heard anything from Manny's side.

Cotto isn't against a rematch with Manny at 147 or 154.
Kirkland will be released October 2nd and Froch/Abraham will likely be in Montreal at the Bell Centre so doesn't look like Froch will be pulling out.  I'd post the articles but my computer at work is taking forever to load them.

1. Wladimir Klitschko (54-3)

According to the Klitschko camp, it has offered David Haye a 50-50 deal with no options on future fights, yet big-mouthed Haye is suddenly silent and apparently not going to take the deal for the fight he has begged for. Such is life. Klitschko will move on to likely face mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin in September.
Next: TBA.

3. David Haye (24-1)

Haye should change sports to track and field because he's so good at running from the Klitschkos. It's incredible: After taunting them both relentlessly and begging to fight them, he ducked each when offered bouts against both last year. Now he's silent after supposedly being offered the 50-50 deal with no options that he called for. Instead, it looks like Haye will defend his paper trinket against British countryman Audley Harrison. Yawn times a thousand.

1. Steve Cunningham (23-2)

In his first bout since signing with German promoter Sauerland Event, Cunningham looked a bit shaky but survived a clean fourth-round knockdown to score a fifth-round TKO of Troy Ross on June 5. Cunningham regained the vacant title he had once owned. Here's a great stat: Cunningham owns wins against the three other alphabet titleholders -- Marco Huck, Guillermo Jones and Krzysztof Wlodarczyk.

4. Troy Ross (23-2)

Ross looked very good for four rounds (including scoring a fourth-round knockdown) in his June 5 title bout with Cunningham. But Ross suffered a terrible gash in the corner of his eye later in the round and the fight was eventually stopped early in the fifth. The cut was so bad that Ross needed surgery and his career could be in jeopardy. If he's able to fight again, he deserves a rematch.

2. Lucian Bute (26-0)

Forget the talk of Bute making a defense in his native Romania in July. Not happening. He'll return to action in the fall in his adopted home city of Montreal, possibly in a mandatory bout against Jesse Brinkley.

1. Sergio Martinez (45-2-2)

No matter what the silly WBO says, Martinez is the lineal world champion despite being stripped. He earned the title in the ring with his outstanding performance against Kelly Pavlik on April 17. Even more disappointing than the WBO stripping him of the belt is that Martinez, who is literally willing to fight anyone at 160 or 154, can't get a commitment from HBO to do his next fight.

2. Paul Williams (39-1)

After two fights in a row at middleweight, including a December decision win against future champion Martinez, Williams dropped down to junior middleweight and came away with a disappointing four-round technical decision against Kermit Cintron on May 8. Now Williams plans to go back to welterweight, where he is a former titleholder.

2. Miguel Cotto (35-2)

Under the guidance of new trainer Emanuel Steward, Cotto claimed a title in his third weight class on June 5, stopping Yuri Foreman in the ninth round in the return of boxing to Yankee Stadium after a 34-year absence. Cotto, who looked very sharp in his first fight since being battered in a 12th-round knockout loss to Manny Pacquiao in a November welterweight title bout, was in total command even before Foreman suffered a right knee injury in the seventh round.

4. Alfredo "Perro" Angulo (18-1)

Following his entertaining 11th-round knockout of Joel "Love Child" Julio on April 24, Angulo will return to HBO to face former titleholder Joachim Alcine in a quality matchup. Angulo, however, won't be defending his interim belt, which he is expected to vacate at any moment because he and Dzinziruk aren't going to meet next as ordered.
Next: July 17 vs. Alcine.

1. Timothy Bradley Jr. (25-0)

Bradley plans to test the welterweight division against Argentina's Luis Carlos Abregu (29-0) in a nontitle bout in his HBO debut. It could be an exciting scrap because Abregu's calling card is nonstop pressure, but Bradley's big fights are at junior welterweight against the likes of Devon Alexander, Amir Khan or Marcos Maidana.
Next: July 17 vs. Abregu.

2. Devon Alexander (20-0)

Alexander looked spectacular knocking out Juan Urango in the eighth round to unify titles March 6 in his HBO debut. Now, Alexander will return home to St. Louis to face former titleholder Andreas Kotelnik on HBO.
Next: Aug. 7 vs. Kotelnik.

2. Yonnhy Perez (20-0-1)

After Perez fought to a draw with Abner Mares on May 22 in his first defense, it seemed like we would probably see Perez-Mares II in the fall. But Perez was ordered to make a mandatory defense against former titlist Joseph Agbeko, against whom he won the title in a sensational fight. Either rematch would be a good fight for fans.

Manny Steward has launched a devastating attack on David Haye after negotiations between the Haye and Klitschko camps stalled for the umpteenth time.  Steward, the trainer of Wlad, also believes that Haye’s braggadocios behaviour is a front designed to mask the Bermondsey man’s fear of the Klits.

“I don't think they will ever get that little puppy David Haye to come out from under the bed,

Your weekly random thoughts…

• Middleweight champ (and junior middleweight titleholder) Sergio Martinez, one of the best fighters in the world, is ready, willing and able to fight anyone in either weight division.

Kelly Pavlik declined his option for an immediate rematch after Martinez beat him to claim the middleweight title April 17, leaving Martinez's handlers -- promoter Lou DiBella and adviser Sampson Lewkowicz -- to line up another fight for the fall.

DiBella told me that he gave HBO a lengthy list of opponents Martinez was willing to face. The list: newly crowned junior middleweight titlist Miguel Cotto in a unification bout, Shane Mosley, Paul Williams (in a rematch of last year's great fight), Alfredo Angulo, Kermit Cintron, Antonio Margarito (in a rematch of Martinez's first loss), Vanes Martirosyan, Sergio Mora, Luis Collazo, Alfonso Gomez, middleweight titleholder Felix Sturm, junior middleweight titlist Cory Spinks and the winner of the June 26 Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.-John Duddy fight.

Obviously, Martinez isn't ducking anyone. Not a soul. DiBella said whomever HBO wanted Martinez to fight, he would try to make the deal. I know HBO prefers the rematch with Williams, but Williams' people are simply not interested right now. Dan Goossen, Williams' promoter, has told me multiple times in recent weeks that Williams is returning to welterweight for his next fight.

While some fighters duck and dodge certain fights, Martinez doesn't. And on top of his willingness to fight anyone, he's charismatic and has made some excellent fights in recent years.

Why then hasn't HBO committed to him for another fight yet? It's a source of great frustration for DiBella.

"If a fight isn't makeable because the other guy turns it down it's not fair that my fighter, the legitimate champion, can't get a fight on HBO," DiBella said. "And, by the way, we're in two weight classes because we'll do what we have to do to get a big fight. I'm super frustrated. I didn't think we'd be in this position. What I find more annoying is that guys who are more judicious with the guys they'll fight -- they say, 'I won't fight him, it's a bad matchup for me' -- are on HBO.

"I go to the network and say, 'My guy will fight the fight you want him to fight,' and when I start mentioning names, I hear, 'That guy won't fight you.' So if they won't fight Sergio, why do they have a date on HBO and Sergio doesn't?"

Although DiBella didn't mention names, it's pretty obvious he was talking about Angulo and, to a lesser degree, Williams.

"It's very frustrating because I don't have a good explanation for my fighter," DiBella said. "He doesn't understand how he can be in a position where I can't tell him when he's next fighting. I have learned the hard way that nothing is fair in life, forget about boxing, but it's not fair he doesn't have a date. HBO can't force a guy to fight him, but I know they have economic power to help a fight to happen. I hope something will break in the next few weeks."

So do I, because Martinez has been a breath of fresh air.

• Apparently rumors of Cotto's demise were greatly exaggerated. I thought he looked great beating Yuri Foreman on Saturday at Yankee Stadium. I give new trainer Emanuel Steward a lot of credit. Cotto had basically been training himself for the past couple of years and now he's got a true professional in his corner. I know Steward was putting a lot of pressure on himself before this fight. I spent about an hour with him on Saturday morning and he was a nervous wreck. But he, and his fighter, came through like champs.

• It was nice to see Roy Jones Jr. back at ringside calling the fight on HBO, even if it was a one-night stand while he filled in for Steward. Now that Jones' boxing career is basically finished, do you think maybe he regrets blowing his full-time HBO gig a few years ago? He wouldn't show up for meetings and when he did, he was late. He was basically a royal pain the rear end for the crew to deal with and he eventually got himself fired. But I was told that for Cotto-Foreman, he was punctual and acted like a professional. Maybe Jones, who is an excellent broadcaster when he wants to be, has finally learned a little humility.

• What's the matter David Haye? Cat got your tongue?

• My worlds collide: Saw a great photo on the official Web site of my favorite rock band, KISS that showed the band members posing with Vitali Klitschko backstage at their recent concert in Hamburg, Germany. I loved it.

• Here's how you know you're a Fight Freak: I was sitting in the dark at about 2 a.m. the other night watching a DVD in German of Robert Stieglitz's super middleweight title defense against Ruben Acosta. Yeah, I know. I need help.

• When I was in New York for Cotto-Foreman last week, I went to a Friars Club roast for Bob Arum. It was part tribute and part hilarious curse-filled jokes at Arum's expense. Among those in attendance were Manny Pacquiao, George Foreman, Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini and Thomas Hearns, all Top Rank fighters in their heyday. The best part, besides the gut-busting joke that HBO Sports president Ross Greenburg told at Arum's expense (which was all in fun and not repeatable on a family Web site), was taking my assigned seat in the third row and having Hearns seated next me. It was interesting, to say the least, sitting next to him when highlights of his knockout loss to Marvelous Marvin Hagler were shown.

• Margarito's reputation may be permanently damaged, even in the eyes of typically loyal Hispanic fight fans, if his recent pay-per-view numbers are any indication. They didn't show much interest in his May 8 ring return against Robert Garcia, which followed a 16-month layoff after his license revocation for trying to wear loaded gloves. I was told by somebody who would know that the Top Rank "Latin Fury" card Margarito headlined did around 12,000 to 15,000 buys, which is pathetic, even when you consider it wasn't on the primary pay-per-view channel that night because of a UFC event.

• It's unusual for a fighter to move up the rankings after a loss, but that's what I did with cruiserweight Troy Ross, who I moved from fifth to fourth in ESPN.com's weekly divisional rankings after his fifth-round TKO loss to Steve Cunningham on Saturday in a vacant title bout. Ross deserved it. He was very sharp and scored a clean knockdown in the fourth round before a severe cut in the lower corner of his left eye later in the round short-circuited the fight. The injury was seemingly caused by an accidental thumb. Ross proved he's one of the best in his division. I hope his eye is OK.

• Heard Golden Boy is tossing around the idea of a Nate Campbell-Julio Diaz fight for a September pay-per-view undercard. Campbell plans to fight on following his lopsided loss to Victor Ortiz on May 15. (Shocking, right?) Campbell was recently diagnosed with a condition that causes compression on his sciatic nerve, which severely limits his ability to move laterally. He needs eight to 10 weeks of rehab and said he'd be ready to give it another go.

• Condolences to junior welterweight contender Victor Cayo of the Dominican Republic and Gardys Pena Alvarez on the death Tuesday of their 14-month-old son, Janfor Manuel Cayo. The baby died when he choked on a piece of food. It's been a tough year for the Cayos. In June '09, Cayo's longtime trainer Rudy Pena, Gardys' father, died the week of Cayo's fight with Julio Diaz.

• I found this comment laughable from Selcuk Aydin, made after he outpointed Jo Jo Dan on Saturday to claim an interim belt (the silver belt, as the nasty WBC calls it -- as if that changes what it really is: a crappy, bogus title): "I want to thank everybody who supported me and helped me to become champion of the world." Note to Aydin: You're not a real world champion. You have a trinket that isn't even the real title sanctioned by the hideous WBC. That strap belongs to Andre Berto. Enjoy the fake title and don't forget to pay your fee to WBC president for life Jose Sulaiman.

• Paging Ola Afolabi.

• DVD pick of the week: Although many have criticized referee Arthur Mercante's unusual call to continue Cotto-Foreman even after Foreman's trainer, Joe Grier, threw in the towel during the eight round, his call was not unprecedented. I saw it happen in one of my favorite fights. Naturally, I pulled it out of the archive after returning from New York. It was in London on Feb. 17, 2007, when Michael Katsidis and Graham Earl engaged in a sensational shootout that had a similar occurrence. Fighting for a vacant interim lightweight belt, Katsidis dropped Earl twice in the blazing first round and again in the second round. After the second-round knockdown, Earl's corner threw in the towel. But referee Micky Vann picked it up and tossed it from the ring, ignoring the corner's request. Amazingly, Earl then dropped Katsidis, who survived and took over again before Earl's corner stropped the fight after the fifth round.

When Ivan Calderon defends his junior flyweight title against Jesus Iribe on Saturday, it will be the continuation of a long-running rivalry between boxers from Puerto Rico and Mexico.

Here is a look at 10 memorable Mexico-Puerto Rico showdowns.
[h3]10. Ivan Calderon W12 Hugo Cazares -- Coliseo Rubén Rodriguez, Bayamon, Puerto Rico (Aug. 25, 2007)[/h3]
box_ap_cazares_calderon1_576.jpg
AP Photo/Andres LeightonIvan Calderon, right, was taken to the brink in his first fight against Hugo Cazares.

Calderon twice defeated the bigger, harder-punching Cazares in fights for the junior flyweight title, each time on Calderon's Puerto Rican home turf. The first fight was far more exciting than the sequel, as Calderon survived an eighth-round knockdown to box his way to a split-decision win. Cazares chased Calderon around the ring but often swung and missed while the elusive southpaw ducked, dodged and then peppered him with quick punches. In the rematch, the fighters clashed heads in the seventh round, and Calderon -- who suffered a cut on the forehead -- won on a unanimous technical decision.
[h3]9. Antonio Margarito KO11 Miguel Cotto -- MGM Grand, Las Vegas (July 26, 2008)[/h3]
box_f_margcotto_576.jpg
Fightwireimages.com Antonio Margarito turned a fight with Miguel Cotto on its head by stopping him in Round 11.

In a fight of two halves, Cotto dominated the early rounds but was worn down and overwhelmed in an exciting welterweight championship fight. Veteran boxing writer Michael Katz, with a hint of awe in his voice, turned to colleagues at ringside to describe Margarito as being like a zombie from "Night of the Living Dead" for the way the Mexican fighter walked through the best punches that Cotto could fire at him.

Cotto won four of the first five rounds on two judges' cards, but Margarito was starting to catch him and hurt him with hooks and uppercuts by the sixth. The Puerto Rican fighter, who had a bloody nose and mouth, swollen face and a cut over the left eye, was a slowly sinking ship by the ninth round. The end came when Cotto wearily took a knee for the second time in the 11th. This fight would rank much higher on our list if not for the question marks hovering over some of Margarito's knockout wins after the much-chronicled "loaded hand wraps" issue when he met Shane Mosley six months later.
[h3]8. Felix Trinidad TKO4 Yory Boy Campas -- MGM Grand, Las Vegas (Sept. 17, 1994)[/h3]
box_g_trincampas_576.jpg
Al Bello/Getty ImagesFelix Trinidad's power-punching prowess was on full display the night he mauled Yory Boy Campas.

Undefeated welterweights clashed in a spectacular shootout when Puerto Rican favorite Trinidad climbed off the canvas to bomb Campas out of the fight in the fourth round. The situation looked bleak for Trinidad when a left hook dropped him in the second round, but he came back to produce "a display of punching power so stunning that it brought gasps of awe from ringsiders," as I described it in Boxing Monthly. "You've seen one of the most remarkable performances that I've ever seen in boxing -- it was reminiscent of the late, great Sugar Ray Robinson," promoter Don King said during the postfight news conference.
[h3]7. Jose Luis Ramirez TKO 4 Edwin Rosario -- Hiram Bithorn Stadium, San Juan (Nov. 3, 1984)[/h3]
Puerto Rico's Rosario had home-turf advantage in his two lightweight title bouts with Mexican southpaw Ramirez. Rosario, unbeaten but relatively untested, barely won the first fight on a unanimous but close decision on May 1, 1983, with all three judges scoring it 115-113.

"Although Rosario was the winner, he looked the worse when the fight ended," The Associated Press reported. "His left eye was swollen nearly shut from the 10th round on, and he was bleeding from the mouth at the final bell."

The rematch 18 months later was far more dramatic and exciting. Rosario, a hard puncher with either hand, had Ramirez wobbling on the brink of defeat, knocking him down in the first round and again in the second. Ramirez survived, though, and came back with a furious onslaught that had Rosario turning away in surrender with eight seconds remaining in the fourth round. "It was indeed an amazing turnabout for the Mexican," The Associated Press reported.
[h3]6. Hector "Macho" Camacho W12 Jose Luis Ramirez -- Riviera Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas (Aug. 10, 1985)[/h3]
Sometimes the boxing public forgets what a brilliant boxer Camacho was in his prime. Camacho easily outpointed Jose Luis Ramirez, knocking him down with a left hand in the third round, bloodying Ramirez's nose and dominating the all-southpaw fight to take the Mexican boxer's lightweight championship on a unanimous decision. "It was a brilliant performance, made at the expense of the workmanlike but outclassed and much bloodied Ramirez," Richard Hoffer reported in the Los Angeles Times.
[h3]5. Julio Cesar Chavez W12 Hector "Macho" Camacho -- Thomas & Mack Center, Las Vegas (Sept. 12, 1992)[/h3]
box_g_camacho-chavez01_576.jpg
Carlos Schiebeck/AFP/Getty ImagesHector Camacho, left, got the "Macho" beaten out of him after 12 rounds with Julio Cesar Chavez.

Chavez proved much too strong for Camacho in their 140-pound title bout, but the Puerto Rican southpaw was praised for his courage in sticking it out for 12 painfully one-sided rounds. "He really took a lot of punches," Chavez said afterward through an interpreter. "I have to give him credit. He fought a great fight and had a lot of heart." By the later stages, Camacho's left eye was swelling shut and he was cut over the right eye, but he fought back valiantly and was never off his feet. "Camacho took everything the champion threw at him, and at the end he was still firing back, snarling through the blood," Pat Putnam reported in Sports Illustrated.
[h3]4. Wilfredo Gomez TKO5 Carlos Zarate -- Roberto Clemente Coliseum, Hato Rey, Puerto Rico (Oct. 28, 1978)[/h3]
box_a_zargom_576.jpg
AP PhotoCarlos Zarate, left, had no answers for Wilfredo Gomez's superior firepower.

Although the Puerto Rican Gomez and the Mexican Zarate were both undefeated, the fight turned out to be brutally one-sided. Zarate struggled to make the weight limit for the 122-pound title fight, needing four trips to the scales, and he was knocked down twice in the fourth round (the second time after the bell had sounded) and again in the fifth before veteran British referee Harry Gibbs stopped the fight. Gibbs said afterward that the crowd made so much noise that no one heard the bell to end the fourth round. The fight was stopped after 44 seconds of Round 5, with the Mexican corner throwing in the towel. Gomez, the shorter man, was faster, sharper and stronger than the probably weight-drained Zarate. "Pound for pound, Gomez is one of the best I have seen," Gibbs noted in his autobiography, "Box On."
[h3]3. Julio Cesar Chavez TKO11 Edwin Rosario -- Hilton Hotel, Las Vegas (Nov. 21, 1987)[/h3]
The lightweight title fight between the unbeaten Chavez and defending champion Rosario was one of the most eagerly anticipated of all the Mexico-Puerto Rico showdowns, but what the fans saw was one man steadily wearing down and eventually beating up another. Rosario was expected to be the stronger fighter, as Chavez was moving from 130 pounds, but the Mexican boxer was in command from the beginning. Rosario's left eye was swelling shut; he was cut over the right eye and bleeding from the nose and mouth when his corner tossed in the towel. Rosario was brave, but his punches failed to deter Chavez, while the great Mexican fighter bobbed and ducked under many of his opponent's blows. "The boxing display was phenomenal," columnist John L. Smith reported in the Las Vegas Review-Journal. "This wasn't the fight of the year. It was the performance of the year. Chavez was something to see."
[h3]2. Salvador Sanchez TKO8 Wilfredo Gomez -- Caesars Palace, Las Vegas (Aug. 21, 1981)[/h3]
Featherweight champion Sanchez proved too big, too strong and simply too good for Gomez, who although moving up from the 122-pound division was the betting favorite. This was the first big fight I covered on site in Las Vegas, and it thus has a special significance to me. Sanchez knocked down Gomez in the opening round, but the Puerto Rican fighter rallied gamely, winning three of the next six rounds on the scorecards of all three judges before the champion overwhelmed him with a barrage of punches in the eighth. With both eyes swollen and closing and blood coming from his nose, Gomez made a supreme effort in the seventh round, but Sanchez withstood the last-gasp onslaught and the Puerto Rican fighter had nothing left in the eighth. "Sanchez fought a disciplined, scientific battle to crush the challenge of an opponent whose firepower was considered far superior," I reported from ringside for the British publication Boxing News.
[h3]1. Wilfredo Gomez TKO14 Lupe Pintor -- Superdome, New Orleans (Dec. 3, 1982)[/h3]
box_a_gomez_pintor_576.jpg
AP PhotoA last-gasp effort by Wilfredo Gomez, right, secured the win over Lupe Pintor.

The main event was Thomas Hearns meeting Wilfred Benitez, but the 122-pound championship bout between Gomez and Pintor stole the show and, more than this, was surely one of the all-time greatest fights in boxing's lighter weight divisions. Pintor, the bantamweight champion, was moving up in weight to challenge "Bazooka" Gomez, who had scored all 37 of his victories by knockout. For 13 rounds, the courageous and competent Pintor was battling almost equally with the bigger puncher as the two traded blows. Indeed, it was Pintor who seemed to be coming on strongly in the 12th and 13th rounds. "Gomez's face was a swollen mess," Thom Greer reported in The Philadelphia Inquirer.

In the 14th, though, Gomez's heavy artillery finally blasted through Pintor's resistance. Referee Arthur Mercante waved the finish when Gomez knocked down Pintor for the second time in the 14th round. Pintor, who was leading on one judge's card, was on the canvas for several minutes being attended to by his doctor and anxious cornermen, but he left the ring under his own steam.

Margarito's reputation may be permanently damaged, even in the eyes of typically loyal Hispanic fight fans, if his recent pay-per-view numbers are any indication. They didn't show much interest in his May 8 ring return against Robert Garcia, which followed a 16-month layoff after his license revocation for trying to wear loaded gloves. I was told by somebody who would know that the Top Rank "Latin Fury" card Margarito headlined did around 12,000 to 15,000 buys, which is pathetic, even when you consider it wasn't on the primary pay-per-view channel that night because of a UFC event.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Had high hopes for Haye's heavyweight career, turns out he's just a straight up @!%%%.
whats up with this?? is he playing games or his he genuinely shook??

Back
Top Bottom