2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by jamergrady

Tracy Mcgrady is a Knicks now.
frown.gif

I guess I will have to go to the dark side.

Can some one PM me a Kincks fan sig, so I can get rid of this Huston sig. 
frown.gif
tired.gif

You Knicks take care of my boy. And treat him right.
wink.gif
I'm with you on this one.

Now I don't give a !!@$ what the Rockets do
laugh.gif
Knicks ftw!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Originally Posted by sole searchin

From Clutchfans:

Something Morey said during the press conference struck a chord with me. I had that "Ahhh Haaa!" moment. I finally understood Morey's grand plan.

Morey: 'For those players to just sign with a team. They have to ch0ose to give up $30 million. I haven't seen many players who do that.'

Translation:
Walsh was aiming to put himself in a weaker position to chase LeBron by getting rid of Jeffries. Morey knew it and squeezed the %^* out of him with the picks and Hill. Walsh has put himself in position to convince 2 max players to give up $60 million instead of a sign and trade for one free agent and convince another guy to give up $30 million for the right to play with the 1st guy for a ring.

Knicks' tradeable assets for a max free agent before the trade:
Curry's expiring contract, Jeffries expiring contract, David Lee in a sign and trade, 2011 1st round draft pick swap, 2012 1st round draft pick, 2009 draft pick Jordan Hill, and Nate Robinson.

After 2 trades, they were left with only expiring contract Curry, David Lee in a sign and trade.

Rockets, Before the trade
2010 Rockets 1st, 2012 Rockets 1st, a choice of various rotation players Landry,Brooks, Budinger, Ariza, Battier, etc

After the trade.
2010 Rockets 1st or 2011 Rockets(pick swappable with NY, top 1 protected) and 2012 Rockets 1st Pick, 2012 NY's 1st pick(top 5 protected), 2009 Knicks 1st pick(Jordan Hill)

That's just the draft picks that a needs to rebuild from losing their franchise player.

Throw in their choice of young talent: Budinger, Brooks, Kevin Martin,

Contracts to lower the hit of a sign and trade: Jeffries' expiring

Morey: "Walsh, good luck doing a sign and trade with Toronto and Cleveland or convincing 2 max players to give up $60 million dollars. By the way, I am trying to steal LeBron, Amare and Bosh with your old trade assets and they will get paid $30 million dollars more in sign and trade with your old trade assets!"
From Clutchfans. Maybe NYK are in too deep? Can't put it past Morey..
Makes sense. However, even with the money issue I think NY has intangibles like location working for them. Also, a coach who was specifically brought in to appeal to LeBron (and the other top-tier FA's) and a GM who has shown he can work miracles. Now LeBron (and the other top-tier FA's) have a clean slate to work with and include their input in re-building this prestigious franchise back from the ground up.

Rockets are going to push L.A. Next season with that roster & for years to come (Yao's back next season also)

frown.gif

frown.gif
tired.gif

wink.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by 35KD

frown.gif

frown.gif
tired.gif

wink.gif
I'm with you on this one.

Now I don't give a !!@$ what the Rockets do
laugh.gif
Knicks ftw!
pimp.gif
Me too.

I still got love for them . But they just made a mistake that they wish they would of never made.
mad.gif
Yes I'm still mad but just got to get over it.

And Bangdak I didn't want to show my head in here. but got over it and now I'm cool. Guess we can be friends now. *Sig check*
pimp.gif

If we (the Rockets) could have pulled off that trade for Amare, I am confident we are an automatic #2 in the West, biting at the Lakers. Sorry Denver, Dallas, and San Antonio, but with Yao, you guys would have taken a backseat. Giving up Landry and even Scola to get Amare is definitely an upgrade.

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

What would be the penalty for going over the cap next year?

I don't think it's like baseball. You can't go over right?? or something like that....i forget

Originally Posted by HOOPSboy

If we (the Rockets) could have pulled off that trade for Amare, I am confident we are an automatic #2 in the West, biting at the Lakers. Sorry Denver, Dallas, and San Antonio, but with Yao, you guys would have taken a backseat. Giving up Landry and even Scola to get Amare is definitely an upgrade.
#2 this year? No, you would have a nice starting lineup but no bench at all. Now if you made that deal and Amare stayed plus made some deals and signings during the summer and with Yao back then you can say you might be #2 but in the west thats kinda hard.

Originally Posted by arstyle27

I don't think it's like baseball. You can't go over right?? or something like that....i forget

You can go over if your re-signing one of your players. Then your responsible for paying the amount of luxury tax depending on how much you went over.

So Doc didn't even WANT this to go down. Damn

Players weren't exactly jumping for joy in the locker room onThursday upon hearing that the team had acquired Nate Robinson from theKnicks.
Boston send New York a package that included guard Eddie House.

"I would've been fine if we hadn't ... we'll see whether that's theright decision or not," said coach Doc Rivers. "I like this team, I'vesaid it over and over again. I didn't think we needed to make changes."

Rajon Rondo at first declined to discuss the trade, then opened up a bit.

"I don't know, I don't know," said Rondo. "I hope it's for the best.Eddie House can drop 20, 30 [points off the bench] too. But [theplayers] don't make decision, we just play the game."

Ray Allen didn't feel a trade was necessary.

"I didn't think we were bad," said Allen. "We were good."

Even Lakers coach Phil Jackson got in on the act, questioning Danny Ainge's logic.

"I really don't know about that," he said. "I have a great respectfor House's game. I don't know what you can improve on that credibleshooting skill that he has. House really has a strike factor in hisgame that can really disturb a team."

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...e_mixed_reactions_to_nate_deal/#ixzz0fzTTWwG9

Originally Posted by Uptown1090Slime

Originally Posted by arstyle27

You can go over if your re-signing one of your players. Then your responsible for paying the amount of luxury tax depending on how much you went over.
You can go over the cap without having to pay anything extra. It's once you go over the luxury tax threshold that you pay dollar for dollar.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

So Doc didn't even WANT this to go down. Damn

Players weren't exactly jumping for joy in the locker room onThursday upon hearing that the team had acquired Nate Robinson from theKnicks.
Boston send New York a package that included guard Eddie House.

"I would've been fine if we hadn't ... we'll see whether that's theright decision or not," said coach Doc Rivers. "I like this team, I'vesaid it over and over again. I didn't think we needed to make changes."

Rajon Rondo at first declined to discuss the trade, then opened up a bit.

"I don't know, I don't know," said Rondo. "I hope it's for the best.Eddie House can drop 20, 30 [points off the bench] too. But [theplayers] don't make decision, we just play the game."

Ray Allen didn't feel a trade was necessary.

"I didn't think we were bad," said Allen. "We were good."

Even Lakers coach Phil Jackson got in on the act, questioning Danny Ainge's logic.

"I really don't know about that," he said. "I have a great respectfor House's game. I don't know what you can improve on that credibleshooting skill that he has. House really has a strike factor in hisgame that can really disturb a team."

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...e_mixed_reactions_to_nate_deal/#ixzz0fzTTWwG9

I still don't see how Nate is going to fit in there line up.

He doesn't need to be a 6th man he need to be a starter.

What do you mean he needs to be a starter? LOL Are you being forreal? I don't think he is a starter in this league. FOr a good team he isn't. Maybe for the Wizards or somebody LOL.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

#2 this year? No, you would have a nice starting lineup but no bench at all. Now if you made that deal and Amare stayed plus made some deals and signings during the summer and with Yao back then you can say you might be #2 but in the west thats kinda hard.
I did  not say this year, because I mentioned having Yao back, which is not until next year. With Yao back, why wouldn't Amare want to re-sign? And the west is full of inconsistency. Denver, Dallas, and San Antonio can be beaten on any given night. Our backup PG Lowry is can dish and score, Chuck Hayes is a beast just like landry, battier can defend anyone, Budinger is a nice spark off the bench ( i would even have him start over Ariza) and no one complains about Scola around here.

I did  not say this year, because I mentioned having Yao back, which is not until next year. With Yao back, why wouldn't Amare want to re-sign? And the west is full of inconsistency. Denver, Dallas, and San Antonio can be beaten on any given night. Our backup PG Lowry is can dish and score, Chuck Hayes is a beast just like landry, battier can defend anyone, Budinger is a nice spark off the bench ( i would even have him start over Ariza) and no one complains about Scola around here.
263u9w0.gif

Wow 164 just of trade rumors, I expect the upcoming FA thread this summer to be at least 500+ pages of speculation
laugh.gif

Won't be that big. Trade deadline leads up, while we'll pretty much know where everybody goes on July 1st

interview w/ stephen A smith

* Smith asked about the health. McGrady said he plans to come outand show people right away that he is back. Said he's fully healed,that there will be no more "limping up and down the cout" and "guttingit out." One phrase he kept using about playing with the Knicks: "I'llbe putting it down," referring to the ball ... in the hoopage. McGradysaid he'd rate himself "in the high 90s," but that, of course, he's notquite 100%. Still, said it won't be an issue.

* Smith said everyone's talking about the $23m expiring contract andavbout how the Knicks will try to go out and get two "max" players,like Lebron and Bosh. Stephen A. talks about it as though Lebron's adone deal ... asked TMac if he would be willing to take less money tostick around if the Knicks went out and brought in LBJ and Bosh.McGrady's response(s) was/were the most interesting thing in theinterview.

"No question," he said. Then he went on to tell Smith, "I don't need any money."

Smith sounded somewhat shocked to get that response, so heemphasized the question again. McGrady said if the Knicks were to getthose players (or, it sounded as thought he was speaking in general,about players of that caliber), "there's no better place" to be for him.

He said he would NOT ask for big money, and would welcome the chance to play in such a situation.

Back
Top Bottom