**2010-11 Washington Wizards Season Thread** Let's look ahead....season is a wrap

: Wall needs to cut down those damned stupid TOs.. turn 5 of those TOs into scoring possessions and we probably would have taken this.

Hinrich has been doo-doo. Flip needs to sit his %!@ and give Gil the minutes. Can't believe that Hinrich is on the books for next year too....
30t6p3b.gif
He looks slow and his shot is off.

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

too much hate for arenas
30t6p3b.gif
Dude crippled this franchise for the foreseeable future...and luckily God blessed us with John Wall to help prevent that. Only a blind loyalist would be behind him at this point. That fool set us back 5-10 seasons by NBA Standards in a time where East just got better. Give me one reason why a Wizards fan should want Gil around right now.
I pray to God some team is stupid enough to trade for him this year.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

too much hate for arenas
30t6p3b.gif
Dude crippled this franchise for the foreseeable future...and luckily God blessed us with John Wall to help prevent that. Only a blind loyalist would be behind him at this point. That fool set us back 5-10 seasons by NBA Standards in a time where East just got better. Give me one reason why a Wizards fan should want Gil around right now.
I pray to God some team is stupid enough to trade for him this year.

I don't know the particulars of Baron Davis' contract, but on the BDL blog, I saw this:

But where to trade him? I haven't the foggiest.

With contracts this bad, you usually go down the ranks of contracts that actually stink worse than someone like Baron's, and see if a move for those sorts of deals wouldn't help the Clippers.

Trading for Gilbert Arenas, a Los Angeles native, would seem to be a nice starting-over point for the beleaguered star. But the Clippers already have a burgeoning star in Eric Gordon(notes) at Gilbert's position, as do the Washington Wizards (with John Wall(notes)) at Davis' slot. Washington would probably welcome the savings, but it's still a tough sell on both ends.

To New York, for Eddy Curry's expiring contract? It might fit, I suppose, for New York; but the Knicks are hoping to pounce on a apparently opting-out Chris Paul(notes) in the summer of 2012, so adding Davis' $14.75 million deal for 2012-13 wouldn't be helping anything.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...is-What-now-?urn=nba-283485#remaining-content

*edit* 2013, contract is up...still owed 41 mil (cheaper than Gil)....what do you all think?

Also...what do yall think about Flip cancelling practice yesterday...he walked off cause he was so pissed
laugh.gif
  Frank Hanrihan on 106.7 said that this is the type of move that makes a coach lose his team....

Wall w. the triple-double....

This kid has got the tools to be the best PG in the NBA....just amazing

Even that 1 turnover was a *@@##*+% one. Refs nitpicking cause his shoe lace was out of bounds on a fast break.

Gilbert Arenas and Kirk Hinrich don't provide ANYTHING out there on the floor. At this point, Flip should REALLY look into starting Nick Young over the both of them and I hate Nick Young but he brings more to the table than the both of them right now.

Al Thornton has been great this season. He's been putting in work on D too.

I absolutely despise the way Andray Blatche plays the game of basketball...but I can't argue if he's going to consistently score and board every night. He seriously needs to quit with all the needless dribbling.

McGee HAS to figure out how to put it together for entire games. He has spurts of greatness and then goes back to being an idiot.

I like Yi for this team...but I see why he's frustrated people in Jersey and Milwaukee. The talent is there...but it's just not in his mental makeup to be anything more than what he is. It amazes me how he can absolutely embarrass Scola one on one with a serious first step and dunk...and then never go back to the cup for the rest of the game. Instead, he's content with the 18 footers that he SOMETIMES makes. Again...if he can provide 10 and 8 a night...he's doing his job as far as I'm concerned.

Really interested to see how Flip brings Josh Howard into the mix. I'd like to see them try him out at the 2 spot because Thornton seems intent on keeping his job.

Gilbert Arenas and Kirk Hinrich don't provide ANYTHING out there on the floor. At this point, Flip should REALLY look into starting Nick Young over the both of them and I hate Nick Young but he brings more to the table than the both of them right now.
Thought I was the only one that noticed this, and for some reason Kirk never swings to ball to Wall on the perimiter he always looks him off. 

Al Thornton has been great this season. He's been putting in work on D too.
Co-sign

I absolutely despise the way Andray Blatche plays the game of basketball...but I can't argue if he's going to consistently score and board every night. He seriously needs to quit with all the needless dribbling.

roll.gif
roll.gif
  had to laugh at this one...Blatche is the black hole..once he get's the ball he shooting everytime regardless how many people are on him.

McGee HAS to figure out how to put it together for entire games. He has spurts of greatness and then goes back to being an idiot.

You know the funny thing is I don't know if he will, for some reason he wants to be a small forward and he just has to have that mentality that I'm gonna go insinde and dominate but he doesn't...look at the play that Yao got hurt on this dude tried to do and in and out step around move that a Guard would do.

I like Yi for this team...but I see why he's frustrated people in Jersey and Milwaukee. The talent is there...but it's just not in his mental makeup to be anything more than what he is. It amazes me how he can absolutely embarrass Scola one on one with a serious first step and dunk...and then never go back to the cup for the rest of the game. Instead, he's content with the 18 footers that he SOMETIMES makes. Again...if he can provide 10 and 8 a night...he's doing his job as far as I'm concerned.

Honestly with more minutes I think he would put up the same numbers as Blatche..I think he is better than Blatche but he doesn't have the green light like Blatche has.

I'd say he's definitely more physically gifted than Blatche. He's quicker, stronger, more athletic, etc. But Blatche has the mentality that he's going to get his every time he steps on the floor. Yi doesnt. I'm not sure that's a minutes issue because he was a starter in his previous two stops before DC.

Back
Top Bottom