**2010-11 Washington Wizards Season Thread** Let's look ahead....season is a wrap

Sorry for not updating the thread...was on a NT-imposed "vacation"
laugh.gif

Check this out...

The Orlando Magic have engaged the Washington Wizards in an ongoing trade dialog centered around Wizards shooting guard Gilbert Arenas, Orlando Pinstriped Post has learned. What Orlando would send Washington in return for the three-time All-Star is less clear, but the proposed deal likely includes shooting guard Vince Carter, according to a source. Wizards big man Andray Blatche, Magic forward Rashard Lewis, and Magic center Daniel Orton could also be involved. Both teams have a mutual understanding of what the trade might include, the source says, and it's unclear what factor (or factors) are holding up the trade. What is clear around the league, however, is that Magic President of Basketball Operations Otis Smith has his eye on Arenas. If Orlando is to make a major trade this season, Arenas will likely be the target.    

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.co...-discuss-gilbert-arenas-trade-with-washington

Missed most of the game last night because i dozed off....

but what I did see was this:

Not for nothing, but as you all know I've always been sour on Nick Young. He's doing his thing this year. Got some burn at the 3 spot last night and looked REALLY good. Hopefully he can keep it up.

saw this in the recap:

Was it me, or did the Wizards look BETTER minus Andray Blatche?

Tough loss, but they kept it close....off to Sacto....let's get that first road win.
pimp.gif

Nick Young is still an idiot. JR Smith lite.

The bone headed mistakes he made at the end of the game negated the rest of the night for me.

Everyone on this team cept JW, McGee, Booker, and maybe couple others...needs to go.

4 points down...he comes down and shoots a three on a 3-1 Fast Break. Miss.

Unforced turnover while dribbling the air out of the ball when Wall is standing at the top of the key wide open.

He definitely was the key reason we got back into the game...but he was feeling himself a little too much when it was on the line.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

4 points down...he comes down and shoots a three on a 3-1 Fast Break. Miss.

Unforced turnover while dribbling the air out of the ball when Wall is standing at the top of the key wide open.

He definitely was the key reason we got back into the game...but he was feeling himself a little too much when it was on the line.
30t6p3b.gif
  dude got that hero-ball mentality cause he was playing in LA....if this team had ANY b-ball IQ, they would be a few wins better.....

I think it was Leger or Marc Stein (one of those losers) who said this team had the lowest BBall IQ in the NBA before the year started and I disagreed. I now see why someone would say that.

Even Gil and Kirk do some dumb %!*# out there and they're the oldest guys on the team.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Flip gotta go....he's lost this team, and they need a spark.

Yup, peep the sig

Spark, health, effort, guys in shape, we need it all unfortunately
30t6p3b.gif

Anyone else think Gilbert Arenas is playing at half-speed? I don't know if his leg is fully healthy or what but I never see a burst of anything from him on offense or defense, he's ALWAYS flat footed

I don't even want an established coach. I think we need to go find a young guy looking for his first shot.

Brian Shaw (my top choice...would be PERFECT for John Wall) Elston Turner, Mark Jackson, Patrick Ewing, Tyrone Corbin, whatever other young top assistants are out there.

I'm with both of you guys and completely agree....I've never been too high on Flip. He really lost me last year when he didn't back up his own player (Blatche) when he was jawing w. Garnett.....I think most of us knew that the team would have its struggles...I thought coming into the year that they would be a 30-35 win team. That's looking more and more far-fetched by the day. I didn't think it would be possible to be WORSE than last season, but they are. Changes need to be made starting w. the coach. Get someone in here whos got patience but also HUNGRY to win. Flip was the right coach when we had a veteran-laden roster, but times have changed.

Anyone else think Gilbert Arenas is playing at half-speed? I don't know if his leg is fully healthy or what but I never see a burst of anything from him on offense or defense, he's ALWAYS flat footed

Maybe it' the lingering effects of the ankle injury he had back in the preseason? He looks slow and out of shape IMO.

*edit*

Honestly, if we're gonna make a hire (assuming Flip is canned), I'd like to see Sam Cassell get a shot....

On the plus side...(assuming there is a draft) we'll have another lottery pick.

A top flight wing is on my wish list. If we end up w/ Perry or Terrance Jones I'd be a happy man.

There will be a draft since it occurs before the CBA expires on July 1.

Should be interesting whether prospects will enter the draft or not with the lockout looming.

funny thing is blatche is in the club every other night. drinking heavy and staying up late will cause u to be sluggish.

and he is so lame in person!

I always tell people about the time I saw that loser in Tysons wearing his own jersey.

Originally Posted by one1 1 1

funny thing is blatche is in the club every other night. drinking heavy and staying up late will cause u to be sluggish.

Like I said before...he trains harder for the club than he does for the Wizards....

this the same fool who had to sleep on the couches at the Verizon center as a rookie cause he was broke....
30t6p3b.gif

Arenas nears troubling anniversary

It’s been nearly a year since Gilbert Arenas brought guns into the Washington Wizards’ locker room, a decision that ultimately led to him receiving a 50-game suspension from the NBA and 30 days in a halfway house and two years probation from Washington’s legal system. Arenas lost nearly $7.5 million in salary, a lucrative shoe contract with Adidas and who-knows-how-much in legal fees. The incident prompted the Wizards to dismantle their roster and trade, among others, former All-Stars Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison.

And even now with the one-year anniversary of the incident approaching, Arenas insists – in spite of details gleaned from the prosecution’s 61-page sentencing memo – that the public still doesn’t know exactly what happened between him and guard Javaris Crittenton in the Wizards’ locker room on Dec. 21, 2009, a confrontation that began after the two players argued over a card game on a charter flight two days earlier.

Nor does Arenas plan to offer much more insight into the events. What is clear is that Arenas is still struggling to cope with the fallout from the incident and the subsequent criticism of his character.

“Everyone is going to have their judgments about everything,

Originally Posted by one1 1 1

Like I said before...he trains harder for the club than he does for the Wizards....

this the same fool who had to sleep on the couches at the Verizon center as a rookie cause he was broke....
30t6p3b.gif

lmaoooooooo r u serious?????
roll.gif
roll.gif

i should post all of his club drunk pics on here and espn should do an article about it lmao!

Blatche gonna be broke (again) before he's 35....

Lakers tonight...ugh. Injuries are starting to mount up also. I actually want them to keep losing so Flip gets the can.

Lakers tonight...ugh. Injuries are starting to mount up also. I actually want them to keep losing so Flip gets the can.
Tonight is gonna be brutal, is Wall gonna play? And how did he get hurt AGAIN or is it the same nagging injury?

This Wizards team feels like an NFL team with all these damn injuries every other game, what I'd give to have the Phoenix Suns training staff
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Tonight is gonna be brutal, is Wall gonna play? And how did he get hurt AGAIN or is it the same nagging injury?

This Wizards team feels like an NFL team with all these damn injuries every other game, what I'd give to have the Phoenix Suns training staff
laugh.gif

THIS!!!!

Blatche is out, Gil & Wall are both iffy....Wall has foot pain in a different location than his previous injury....Arenas is sore...whatever the hell that means
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom