2009 NBA Playoffs Countdown Thread (3 Days)

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

I mean , the Bulls have beat the Cavs in the regular season this year before .

For some reason , Lebron gets REALLY irritated & frustrated when he comes to Chicago .

We can foul him out (or even put him in foul trouble) early in the game .

I don't see Cleveland as a threat at ALL , the only people I see is Boston/Lakers/Mavericks .

Not even the Lakers really because we can definitely hold our own against them .

& all those teams I named we have beaten (by little & a lot) in the regular season .

We've beaten allllll the top tier teams, they slept on us , & they still are .

Jesus Christ
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Mavs possibly the hottest team in the West right now.

A week and a half ago people were wondering if we'd make the Playoffs, and if we did, we'd get swept by the Lakers. Now, they are tied for 6th andcould possibly upset a team in the first round.

What a great time to get hot for us, thank God... Mavs have Kidd go 0-6 and 5-15 from JET and we still win?

I'd never though I'd say it, but DAMN IT'S GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK JOSH.

If it weren't for him, I'd say we'd lost our last three games.

The Heat are going cold right now. I would like a matchup with the Hawks though. Two of my favorite current NBA players at it (D Wade and Joe Johnson) wouldbe awesome. I don't want Orlando.

First round matchups I'm hoping for..

Cleveland .vs. Chicago
Boston .vs. Detroit
Orlando .vs. Miami
LA Lakers .vs. Dallas
Houston .vs. New Orleans
San Antonio .vs. Portland

I don't know..those matchups sound intriguing to me. The majority of them don't look like they're going to pan out though.

NO LAKERS NO.

I think the Jazz have slid too much, I don't see us getting the 8th seed, I actually see us getting the 6th seed.
nerd.gif

I think Utah will probably end up as the 8th seed. Dallas is surging right now and Utah is slipping too much. Before, I was praying that we get Dallas in thefirst round... now I'm not too sure.

Hawks/Heat is the only matchup that is locked up so far...

Ironically, the two teams play tomorrow. That could be awkward...we'll see who decides to go hard.
laugh.gif

Man, we have to take care of business or hope Utah loses.

I REALLY don't want that eight seed.

If we finish with same record as them, we get eighth, since we split the season series and they have a better conference record..
smh.gif

OR hope NOH slips up, which is possible.

Either way, we have to take care of business tonight and Wednesday. If only we had won yesterday..
smh.gif

smh.gif
. . i don't want to see the lakers or nuggets first round.

wish we could've got that w in new orleans yesterday.

i want to face the rockets.

The West isn't going to be the cakewalk everyone seems to be making it. I'm sure as hell not saying it's going to be for the Cavs either because Idon't want to play Orlando, but it's not like teams are going to roll over for LA. CP1708 i know you said the same a few weeks back, and I agree.

we can def beat the hawks in the 1st round... but they are playing really good ball right now... we already proved that we can beat the elite teams... we justhave to see how our rookies can handle the playoffs.. beasley with more minutes has been beasting... chalmers hit a rookie wall, cook (sophmore)has never seenthe playoffs and is now a marked man after winning the 3pt contest...

Miami need James Jones to find his shot...ya'll be dangerous with Cook and James on the 3.

^^ tell me about it... i was so hyped when i heard we picked up jones... but dude had a bad wrist and couldnt find his shot the whole year...
he also needs more consistant minutes.. like the rest of the heat bench

Mavs Defense tonight is terrible, they don't deserve to be in the Playoffs playing like this.

Back
Top Bottom