2009 NBA Playoffs Countdown Thread (3 Days)

If we (Magic) end up playing the Heat, I wouldn't be too worried. Wade would set records like crazy though.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

This years playoffs will be epic...best sporting event of the year hands down.

Portland is beating San Antonio if they match up in the first round.

Book it.
QFT. Can't wait.

If the playoffs ended today...there'd be a lot of good match-ups in the first round:

Lakers .vs. Mavericks
San Antonio .vs. New Orleans
Portland .vs. Houston
Cleveland .vs. Chicago
Boston .vs. Detroit
Orlando .vs. Miami

I remember though last season we thought all the first round matchups out west were gonna be bananas, and they were all sort of lackluster.

I hope this season makes up for that. Cle/Bos in the second round would be EPIC. And the winner of that vs Orlando would be nice too.

LA v SA is the only west matchup that really gets the blood flowing. Anything else would be disappointing.

Originally Posted by JPZx

If the playoffs ended today...there'd be a lot of good match-ups in the first round:

Lakers .vs. Mavericks
San Antonio .vs. New Orleans
Portland .vs. Houston
Cleveland .vs. Chicago
Boston .vs. Detroit
Orlando .vs. Miami
Think you mean started but yeah can't wait until this year's playoffs start, having alot of high expectations for some teams hope to seealot of game 7's
pimp.gif

Everyone thought the WEST playoffs would be epic...and the actual result was a let down. In my opinion, the Eastern Conference 1st round was very entertaining...and everyone thought that would be a walk for the "elite" teams.

Hawks (8th seed) took the Celtics to seven games..
Wizards took the Cavs to six games...
76ers (7th seed) took the Pistons to six games..

Anyway...I think the Western Conference playoffs will be
pimp.gif
thisyear...but like you said, we just can't assume that.

The matchup I wanna see most is phoenix vs la. I think that would be a great series

Cle/Bos in the 2nd round can't happen

I would also like to see Phx creep up into that 8th spot, can't go wrong with a LA/Phx(Kobe/Shaq) series

pimp.gif

This year's playoffs, followed by the Masters this upcoming week, are going to have me going crazy...and I can't wait. In advance, best of luck toeveryone's teams who are level-minded and reasonable on here, I truly hope for a competitive playoff series and I'll be the first one to congratulatethe intelligent and true basketball fans on this board, even if it means the Cavs losing. You all know who you are.

I think the Bulls is going to make it to the 2nd round & shock the whole NBA .

Watch out for us ...

^ Give me a couple logical reasons why you think the Bulls will beat the Cavaliers...

You being a Bulls fan can't be a reason.

Lakers .vs. Mavericks would be very boring.

I'd rather play against the Suns...

This years playoffs cant be as boring as last years. Other than the Celtics/Hawks, Celtics/Cavs, the playoffs last season were crap.

This year should be an improvement. We all expect the Lakers to cruise to the WCFs. Who the Lakers face will be a complete toss-up but if the Spurs can finish2nd, and with their experience, I think that they are favourites to make the WCFs out of all the teams in the West.

As for the East, I dont think that the Magic are the real deal and the Celtics will dispose of them in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Celtics vs. Cavs shouldgo to 7 games.

I think the Bulls is going to make it to the 2nd round & shock the whole NBA .

Watch out for us ...
You think Chicago is going to beat Cleveland or Boston?

how%20about%20no%20bear.jpg

I mean , the Bulls have beat the Cavs in the regular season this year before .

For some reason , Lebron gets REALLY irritated & frustrated when he comes to Chicago .

We can foul him out (or even put him in foul trouble) early in the game .

I don't see Cleveland as a threat at ALL , the only people I see is Boston/Lakers/Mavericks .

Not even the Lakers really because we can definitely hold our own against them .

& all those teams I named we have beaten (by little & a lot) in the regular season .

We've beaten allllll the top tier teams, they slept on us , & they still are .

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

I don't see Cleveland as a threat at ALL , the only people I see is Boston/Lakers/Mavericks .

Not even the Lakers really because we can definitely hold our own against them .
roll.gif

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

This years playoffs will be epic...best sporting event of the year hands down.

Portland is beating San Antonio if they match up in the first round.

Book it.

indifferent.gif

It's an odd year Do Be Doo...you know what that means

Originally Posted by JPZx

It's an odd year Do Be Doo...you know what that means
I hope it ends this year.

I'd like to see Phoenix make it to the playoffs, Shaq's been having a great year.

Ugh...ESPN & ABC would hype up that Kobe/Shaq meet in the playoffs thing...I'd rather see the Mavs get it
ohwell.gif

Because the Bulls won and the Pistons lost...it now looks like this:

7- Bulls
8- Pistons

I'll update the standings at the end of Saturday's games

Back
Top Bottom