2009 MLB All Star Game Thread 8PM/EST FOX

I think Charlie misspelled Upton in the starting lineup. It's U-P-T-O-N. Not V-I-C-T-O-R-I-N-O.

Courtesy of Tribe beat writer, Anthony Castrovince:
  • The NL is 4-0 in the previous four All-Star games in which a U.S. president has thrown out a ceremonial first pitch. How un-American is that?
  • This is the fifth All-Star game to be played in St. Louis, and, of course, the first in the new Busch Stadium. Only four other cities have hosted at least five All-Star Games. The others are: New York (
    glasses.gif
    , Chicago (7), Cleveland (5) and Pittsburgh (5).
  • A total of 25 All-Star Games have been decided by one run, including each of the last three and four of the last six.
  • Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera are both making their 10 appearances in the All-Star Game. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, they are the only pair of teammates ever to be named to the All-Star team with their current team at least 10 times.
  • Eight participants in tonight's game have represented both leagues in the All-Star Game. They are: Jason Bay, Francisco Cordero, Brian Fuentes, Dan Haren, Ted Lilly, Francisco Rodriguez, Johan Santana and Miguel Tejada.
  • The Phillies have their entire starting outfield on the All-Star team. That's happened 12 other times previously.
  • Oakland's Andrew Bailey is the only rookie here.
  • You might have heard that the AL is unbeaten in the last 12 All-Star Games. Tends to get mentioned now and then. That's the longest such streak in All-Star history.

Manuel might as well started Ryan Howard and Werth
smh.gif

I'm looking forward to the game though, love the NLs lineup and pitching staff.

laugh.gif
Steve Phillips saying if he was handed the AL All Star line up, he would trade Mark Teixeira for Mo Vaughn
laugh.gif

This has got to be the NL's year.

Let Timmy go 3 innings, Santana - 2, Haren/Johnson/Bills - 3, Heath Bell to close it out, and keep the ball out of that jack*** that pitches forthe Mets' hand.

Too bad Halladay and Lincecum won't be pitching the majority of the game. That could be a pitching duel for the ages.

Let's go NL please let it be this year.

Hanley, McCann, Lincecum my favorites in the NL

Obama
88926f919a8b85dce39466b0bd92b677d651d878.gif

Let's go AL! I don't even see how it's possible that the NL hasn't won since '96
smh.gif
sick.gif

1) That's one beautiful Stadium.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

2) Obama with the players.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif