2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

i dont think Gattuso knows how to smile...dude stays looking like he could eat someone up...
and Seedorf looking real Hollywood there
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rockforlight

In the second half of yesterdays game, Mourinho put in Ibrahimović. Am I trippin' by thinking this move says he's staying with Inter?

.............Yo, I PM'd you about this, but can you take the "TEAM AM FAM" out of your sig, I don't recall you being in the Team/Fam, Thankyou.

Cris.

Originally Posted by crisone

Originally Posted by rockforlight

In the second half of yesterdays game, Mourinho put in Ibrahimović. Am I trippin' by thinking this move says he's staying with Inter?

.............Yo, I PM'd you about this, but can you take the "TEAM AM FAM" out of your sig, I don't recall you being in the Team/Fam, Thank you.

Cris.

ROFL. Get out of here.

Two3 Jumpman: how the heck are you able to track a team down at an airport?

And Pato seems like a super chill kid.

1945 BST: Real Madrid boss Manuel Pellegrini has reiterated his desire to sign Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso, before adding: "But I cannotspeak about players who are not at Real Madrid now." (Sky Sports)

1942 BST: AC Milan do not plan on increasing their bid for Sevilla striker Luis Fabiano, after tabling an offer of about £12m. (AFP)

1452 BST: Alexander Hleb's agent believes the Barcelona midfielder would welcome a move to Inter Milan but insists he has not been informed ofany possible deal. (Press Association)

1216 BST: Roman Pavlyuchenko's agent has dismissed reports linking the Tottenham striker with a move to Roma.
Fullstory: ForzaRoma website

1020 BST: Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti is confident he can tie up a swap deal for Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o which would see ZlatanIbrahimovic move the opposite way.

Inter will also receive about £39m and Alexander Hleb on a season-long loan.
Full story: Inter Milan website

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Tottenham and Manchester City will offer England midfielder David Beckham a chance to return to the Premier League from the United States when LosAngeles Galaxy's Major League Soccer season finishes in October.
Full story: The Sun

Manchester City's Brazilian midfielder Elano, 28, could move on a season-long loan to German club Cologne or Inter Milan after being told not to jointhe club's pre-season tour of South Africa.
Full story: TheIndependent

And City are still confident they can complete a deal for Chelsea defender John Terry, with the Eastlands outfit ready to up their offer to £40m forthe 28-year-old.
Full story: Daily Star

Everton defender Joleon Lescott will plead with manager David Moyes to allow him to speak to Manchester City over a move, with City expected to make animproved £18m offer for the England international.
Full story: The Times
[table][tr][td]
o.gif
[/td] [td]
606: DEBATE

Who do you want your club to sign?
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Everton are on the verge of signing Sweden international midfielder Rasmus Elm, 21, from Kalmar. (Daily Mirror)

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill wants Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas in a £10m deal.

And 26-year-old Jenas is also a target for Inter Milan, who will use some of the £40m they expect to receive from Barcelona for striker ZlatanIbrahimovic.
Full story: The Guardian

Aston Villa midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker is a £3m target for Championship side Middlesbrough. Boro would also consider taking the 25-year-old as part of a aswap deal for Turkish striker Tuncay Sanli, who they value at £5m.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Tottenham look likely to miss out on Real Madrid's Dutch striker Klaas Jan-Huntelaar, who is set for £18m move to Stuttgart. (DailyMirror)

Bordeaux's Morocco international striker Marauane Chamakh, 25, has given up hope of signing for Arsenal but will still consider a switch to the PremierLeague, with Sunderland, Blackburn, Tottenham and Fulham all interested.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Liverpool defender Andrea Dossena is being targeted by Italian side Napoli. (The Times)

Bolton manager Gary Megson has made a £2m bid for Hull midfielder Sam Ricketts, 27. Full story: Daily Star

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce will end his interest in Wigan midfielder Lee Cattermole after failing with a £6m bid. (Daily Star)

And Sunderland expect to find out on Tuesday whether they have been successful in their £12m bid to sign Portsmouth striker Peter Crouch.
Full story: The Telegraph

Portsmouth want Espanyol's former Liverpool defender Steve Finnan, 33, to replace Glen Johnson, who has moved to Anfield. (DailyMirror)

Birmingham have lined up a £4m offer for Reading's 27-year-old winger Stephen Hunt. (Daily Star)

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson wants former Reading striker Leroy Lita. The 24-year-old is a free agent. (Daily Star)

Rangers' Algerian international defender Madjid Bougherra has snubbed a £4m move to Bordeaux and will only leave the Scottish side for a team in theEnglish Premier League. (Daily Record)

Hearts target Adam Nemec will decide whether to make a move from Genk to Tynecastle in the next 48 hours. (Daily Record)

OTHER GOSSIP

League Two side Notts County are lining up a move for former England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson after the club was taken over by a Middle Easternconsortium.

Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has backed new Blues boss Carlo Ancelotti to be as successful at the club as former Stamford Bridge manager Jose Mourinho."I don't think Ancelotti will have any issue with stepping out of Mourinho's shadow whatsoever," he said. (Daily Mirror)

Portsmouth's £60m takeover by United Arab Emirates businessman Sulaiman Al Fahim is likely to be completed on Tuesday - preventing Pompey frombecoming the first Premier League club to go into administration. (Daily Mirror)

AND FINALLY

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson believes Cristiano Ronaldo's love for the club could result in the winger returning to the club inthe future. "He may come back, you never know... He loved United," said Ferguson.
Meanwhile, Ferguson has claimed Argentine striker Carlos Tevez was "not worth" the £25m Manchester City paid for him.

Chelsea and Manchester City are in the hunt for Liverpool's Spanish midfielder Xabi Alonso after his proposed £35m move to Real Madridstalled.
Full story: DailyMail

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez will move for Roma's Italian midfielder Alberto Aquilani - if Alonso moves to Real Madrid. (Daily Mirror)

Tottenham and Fulham want Portsmouth striker Peter Crouch after his £12m move to Sunderland fell through. (Telegraph)

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce will now turn his attention to Tottenham forward Darren Bent. (Daily Telegraph)

Another option for Bruce may be Bordeaux's Morocco international forward Marouane Chamakh.

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti anticipates Ukrainian striker Andriy Shevchenko, who was on loan at AC Milan last season, will leave the club before thestart of the 2009-2010 campaign, with Dynamo Kiev and Fenerbache interested.

The line of suitors eyeing a move for former England captain David Beckham is growing, with Chelsea, Tottenham and Fulham all ready to offer the LosAngeles Galaxy midfielder a deal.
Full story: Daily Mail

Tottenham have tabled a £17m bid for Real Madrid's 23-year-old Spanish striker Alvaro Negredo. (Daily Mirror)

And Spurs are weighing up a move for Manchester City winger Martin Petrov, 30, and could prize him away from Eastlands for £5m.
Full story: Daily Mail

And Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp will beat Everton to the signature of Sheffield United defender Kyle Naughton. (The Guardian)

South African midfielder Kagisho Dikgacoi is hoping to earn a deal at Fulham where he has been on a trial. The 24-year-old plays in his homeland forGolden Arrows. (The Guardian)

Fulham are set to make a £9m offer for Hull City defender Michael Turner, which includes striker Bobby Zamora going in the other direction. (DailyMirror)

Burnley boss Owen Coyle is tracking £500,000-rated Norwich midfielder Darel Russell. (Daily Mail)

Wolves are considering a move for Celtic defender Stephen McManus. (Daily Mail)

Egypt striker Mido has returned to Middlesbrough after being fined for missing the start of pre-season training but the 26-year-old will be sold assoon as possible. (Daily Mail)

Middlesbrough are in talks with striker Leroy Lita, who was released by Reading at the end of last season. (Daily Mirror)

Sheffield United are set to sign Manchester City striker Ched Evans for £1.5m, rising to £3m on appearances.
Full story:Daily Mail

Reading want Tottenham midfielder Adel Taarabt on a season-long loan deal. (Daily Mirror)

Cardiff boss Dave Jones wants to offload midfielder Paul Parry, 28, with Doncaster interested in a £500,000 deal. (Daily Mirror)

Ipswich manager Roy Keane wants defender Danny Simpson from Manchester United and midfielder Dean Whitehead from Sunderland in a £2m deal. (DailyMirror)

Celtic boss Tony Mowbray is keen to sign left-back Marek Cech from West Bromwich Albion. (The Guardian)

OTHER GOSSIP

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti has revealed "irreplaceable" striker Didier Drogba, 31, will sign a new three-year deal at Stamford Bridge.(Daily Telegraph)
Former England manager Glenn Hoddle was on Notts County's shortlist to become director of football at Meadow Lane before theclub opted to recruit Sven Goran-Eriksson.
Full story: DailyMail

yea. but he was kind of a late starter. wasn't really known to the rest of the world until the 03-04 season at marseille.

Originally Posted by zizou

capt.4788c5f01ee64adc84d938f962dcfe16.ac_milan_onyewu_soccer_gapa109.jpg

capt.e1c70da82b0740f2976dd728b4af0c48.ac_milan_onyewu_gapa106.jpg

capt.7766c3626a0a4ca9b17d64c147f10d3e.ac_milan_onyewu_soccer_gapa112.jpg

I was at this practice session today. Really good crowd for a practice session in my opinion and the players were really nice and Ronaldinho, Gattuso, Pirloand Gooch came up and signed autographs after training. Actually really fun to watch because it really was a normal training session except I was sittingthere watching it
laugh.gif

i haven't seen him in person, but he still looks a littly chunky in photos.

supposedly, burloscini made him stand on a table in front of the team and swear that he'll get back in shape and play better. lol.

MARCA
[h3]El Barça se harta de Etoo y ofrece 75 millones y la cesión de Hleb por Ibrahimovic[/h3]
22/07/09 - 16:16.

El traspaso de Ibrahimovic al Barça ha dado un giro de 180 grados. Y es que el Barça, harto de las peticiones de Samuel Etoo, ha modificado su oferta por el delantero sueco del Inter. Según ha informado Radio MARCA Laporta ofrece ahora 75 millones de euros más la cesión de Hleb.

El culebrón de Etoo y el Barça parece no tener fin. Cuando parecía que el camerunés tenía pie y medio en el Inter todo se ha venido abajo y el polémico delantero podría seguir otro año en el Barça. El africano no está dispuesto a renunciar a los cinco millones de euros que le corresponderían por renunciar a su último año de contrato con el Barça.

Además Etoo no quiere dejar el club sin antes hablar con Guardiola y aclarar las palabras del técnico en rueda de prensa en las que argumentaba que la marcha de Samuel era lo mejor para el equipo.

Con este panorama todo indica que finalmente Laporta tendrá que gastarse mucho más dinero del que tenía pensado. El presidente del Barça está dispuesto a poner 75 millones de euros sobre la mesa y la cesión de Hleb para hacerse con los servicios de Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
75mil Euro + Hleb = Ibra. Pep must really be pissed with Eto'o if they chunk up the offer that high
laugh.gif
......... Eto'o
tired.gif

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/ap/20090721/tap-as-malaysia-soccer-stabbing-b3c65ae.html

Wife stabs husband late home after Man U match

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Police have detained a Malaysian woman who allegedly stabbed her husband in the chest for coming home late after watching a football match between Manchester United and Malaysia, an official said Tuesday.

The man had promised to come back immediately after the match in Kuala Lumpur on Saturday evening, but his wife was "very angry" when he returned after midnight, said district police chief Abdul Jalil Hassan.

The woman stabbed him twice in the chest with a kitchen knife and then took him to a hospital, where a doctor reported the incident to police, Abdul Jalil told The Associated Press.

"He was with friends after the match, so that's why he came home late," Abdul Jalil said.

The man was recovering in the hospital, he said.

Police have not decided whether to charge the woman with any offense.

The English Premier League champions defeated Malaysia 3-2 on Saturday in their opening match on a preseason Asian tour.

i don't know what to say...
probably
smh.gif
and
laugh.gif
at the same time...

Ronaldinho still looks out of shape.

I expect him to have a decent season with Milan and have a bench spot on Brazil's 2010 WC team.

This dude Samuel Eto'o is trying to set himself up financially so that he has the funds to become Africa's richest man
laugh.gif

Eto'o has apparently demanded a €2 million bonus for any trophy won by Inter over the next five years. This will come on top of his wages10m-per-season.

Eto'o's contract with the Catalans expires next summer and he wants the salary he would have earned from now until 2010 as compensation for leaving the club.

It is suggested the hitman wants a €6m reimbursement, and it is here where the deal is stumbling.

i'm still trying to make sense of this deal.

it's not like age is an issue because eto'o and ibra are only 6-7 months apart.

i totally see why inter would make the deal. they'll still get a world class striker, who's still in the prime of his career, lots of cash, and acreative mid in hleb, which is sorely needed.

so the only thing i can think of is that since this is reportedly pep's desire, he just really wants eto'o out. dayum.

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

Meanwhile, Ferguson has claimed Argentine striker Carlos Tevez was "not worth" the £25m Manchester City paid for him.

he has finally spoken...
You guys are completely mad. "El Apache" is a straight beast. He leaves everything on the pitch when he plays. I can't wait untilhe scores against SAF.

And DAMN! Are we not in a global recession? These teams are freaking ballin' with buying players
By the end of the summer, Eto is going to be #1 on Forbes rankings for richest African.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Originally Posted by zizou

capt.4788c5f01ee64adc84d938f962dcfe16.ac_milan_onyewu_soccer_gapa109.jpg

capt.e1c70da82b0740f2976dd728b4af0c48.ac_milan_onyewu_gapa106.jpg

capt.7766c3626a0a4ca9b17d64c147f10d3e.ac_milan_onyewu_soccer_gapa112.jpg

I was at this practice session today. Really good crowd for a practice session in my opinion and the players were really nice and Ronaldinho, Gattuso, Pirlo and Gooch came up and signed autographs after training. Actually really fun to watch because it really was a normal training session except I was sitting there watching it
laugh.gif
I went to their training session this morning. I was just sitting behind the goal watching them practice set pieces
laugh.gif
.There was only like 150 people there so I was able to get like half of theteams autographs. Got gooch to sign my usa jersey
glasses.gif

looks like milan may be interested in geting trezaguet from juve. another old 30+ year old player. other serie a teams seem to be trying to get younger andthey still seem to be getting older.

i think the trezeguet talk has been going on for awhile.

i find it hard to believe, though, that trez will switch to milan. he's been so faithful to juve through thick and thin.

Back
Top Bottom